[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Now that blade vortex has been nerfed, how do you guys think this build holds up compared to it?
How do you guys like flammability vs temporal chain? I just 5L my armor and started using temporal chain and I don't feel a large difference. I feel like I'm dying from more or less the same thing, IE lagging and not closing in on my mobs fast enough.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I think I'm getting addicted to the mobility and reactiveness of the SR-CwC setup and the absence of mana restrictions.

If there is a DPS loss associated with it, it's not a huge one and it can be compensated for by replacing the Lightning golem with the Ice one. We use Lightning for cast speed bonus and get 0.37 sec cast time for Icestorm with Spell Echo, which is roughly the same as 0.35 sec with CwC. That eliminates the need for Lightning and we can just take 40% inc dmg bonus from Liege by using Ice golem. The only problem there is needing to off-color all 4 sockets in either boots or gloves. But then again, it's just a question of about 1k chroms, nothing like 6L that most builds need. Ice golem is roughly equivalent to a jewel socket. You'll get it eventually. Can use Chaos golem for extra defense until then.

About 1100 chromes later... I've noticed a huge improvement after swapping in an Ice Golem over the Lightning Golem using CwC SR.
Ok, maybe someone can beat the numbers

WI AVG damage in HO without any buffs, Increase Area 6 socket: 6.5k
WI AVG damage in Battle with Concentraded (Max DPS alone without more aura buffs): 13.3k
WI duration: 6.89 Seconds

= maximal DPS is 31kk+ (if all proj. hits vs Atziri), normal mops take 25% of that dps

ES: 14k
Leech: 5%
Max Resis
Lvl: 95

I never saw anyone else with that stats ingame without lost in ES, dps (becouse duration is also important) and so on.

Gear cost: 1500ex+

Last edited by SiegfriedXX on Dec 29, 2016, 4:44:10 AM
Is the chrome calculator accurate? I'm doing the Vorici 1B to try to get 3B, 1Red on the Helm, and I've used 450 Chromes so far. Basically spent like 50 chaos and I can't get it :(

Also I just got enlighten level 2 +1 from helm and I only have barely enough mana for one cast of ice storm, before I need to leech it back up. Is that enough mana or should I get some sort of mana reservation jewel.
Last edited by mrutomi on Dec 29, 2016, 3:28:29 AM
I'm in love with this build (or similar) and I'm wondering what you guys think of my character.

<-- DrizzintahL_LVE

This is by far the most powerful build I've made and I'm going to keep making it next league and so on :D

Thank you Kelvynn for the awesome guide.
I stream on Twitch.tv/drizzintahl :o
"
mrutomi wrote:
Is the chrome calculator accurate? I'm doing the Vorici 1B to try to get 3B, 1Red on the Helm, and I've used 450 Chromes so far. Basically spent like 50 chaos and I can't get it :(

Also I just got enlighten level 2 +1 from helm and I only have barely enough mana for one cast of ice storm, before I need to leech it back up. Is that enough mana or should I get some sort of mana reservation jewel.

It's around 200 average, but it can still go a long time without hitting it. Keep trying mate :D

Do what feels good for you with mana, I've moved reservations around and only using Discipline and blasphemy and still have 773 mana left over. If you can only cast once then you're waiting, you probably want to get a better enlighten or drop something for now.
I stream on Twitch.tv/drizzintahl :o
Last edited by drizzintahl on Dec 29, 2016, 5:59:31 AM
"
mrutomi wrote:

The Vorici calc shows average chrom cost, and it also shows the Standard Deviation. You need to know probability math to understand that number, but in general the higher it is the more likely you are to get screwed by bad luck. The average cost with 1B may be the lowest but the randomness can hurt. I personally prefer 3B since its cost was lowered to 120. The chance of rolling the 4th socket R (or G for the Shaper/Hydra swap helm) is pretty much 50/50, that's good enough.

The only issue is that early in the league your Vorici is not leveled yet and you can't use 3B. I use 2B then. It's still less random than 1B, and the average cost is close enough.

"
drizzintahl wrote:
I'm in love with this build (or similar) and I'm wondering what you guys think of my character.

<-- DrizzintahL_LVE

This is by far the most powerful build I've made and I'm going to keep making it next league and so on :D

Thank you Kelvynn for the awesome guide.

I don't think your custom modifications work better than the recommended build:
- no TC and only CWDT lv 20 + Enfeeble, without CoH. Are you able to facetank the endgame like that?
- no Orb of Storms?! You are losing 40% MORE damage from EO. I suppose you can trigger Mastermind with your Lightning Warp, but Orb would trigger both EO and Mastermind and allow you to use the Purity setup for the endgame bosses.
- no Potency of Will?! Big mistake. Your Icestorms are way too short duration. Get it ASAP.
- Foresight. You don't need it. ES comes from Int, not from tree nodes (1500 Int = 300% inc ES). Refund this.
- Fertile Mind near GR?? And 3 nodes wasted for no reason near it. Refund that. Put a DPS jewel there. The reason to use Fertile Mind and Brute Force is to convert Dex and Str nodes that you cannot avoid taking. For the sockets that have no Dex/Str nodes near them use DPS jewels.
- crappy jewel with just 1 useful mod in the socket between Witch and Shadow. See Gear-Jewels and get something better.
- the socket between Marauder and Templar is an option for the final levels but at 91 you shouldn't worry about it yet. The one near the Scion start (Fertile Mind) is definitely better for the same 3 nodes.
- no Diamond Skin. Are your resists maxed?
- no Amplify. You can go without it, but IMO 10% radius and 20% inc dmg is worth 2 nodes.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 29, 2016, 12:32:36 PM
up
Last edited by old_nihilist on Dec 29, 2016, 1:33:46 PM
Can someone look at my character and help me understand where I'm missing ES? I feel like I've pretty closely followed the guide and the recommended setups, but I only have about 5500 es with discipline up. Is it just that I need GG belt/gloves/chest? The build works pretty well but I haven't been able to push higher-tier content yet and there are times where I die really fast if I don't cast WI for even a second.

I realize I only have a 4-link chest. Working on getting a 5-link but even low-600es 5-links are 70+ chaos and I just don't have the money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info