[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
bridgeburner wrote:
Can someone look at my character and help me understand where I'm missing ES? I feel like I've pretty closely followed the guide and the recommended setups, but I only have about 5500 es with discipline up. Is it just that I need GG belt/gloves/chest? The build works pretty well but I haven't been able to push higher-tier content yet and there are times where I die really fast if I don't cast WI for even a second.

I realize I only have a 4-link chest. Working on getting a 5-link but even low-600es 5-links are 70+ chaos and I just don't have the money.

To get 6.5k+ energy shield you still need some base ES. Though for this you will need to farm a lot, going for a 650+ chest with 5L (and if possible 6 socket for AA) with 40+ int + Crystal Belt with ES and Int will give you high ES.

And yes, the main purpose of this build is the leech. You need to cast Icestorm all the time. If you don't, getting instakilled is quite common until you get GG gear (and since im not at that point yet im not even sure if then you will not get instakilled).
You basically answered your own questions. Your chest, boots, and gloves all have low ES. Your belt has good ES for a chain belt, but if you are level 79+ you should be using a crystal belt that has been Essence Crafted to have Int. You can get another 2% inc Int from Black Sun, another 10 flat from Astramentis, another 1% increased from the staff, and a good little bit more flat Int on your jewels on the tree (you have really low rolls on Brute Forces and Fertile Mind). Your Discipline is also only level 19. You want at least a level 20, and you want it in your helmet for the +1 level.
U MAD?

How about using a +1 curse neck with over 50 int + a rare ring with 50+ int?
Would make sorting resists a lot easier.

You can inspect my character to see what I mean - allowed me to spec out of diamond skin nodes and pick up more dps nodes.
Last edited by falagar112 on Dec 29, 2016, 3:09:34 PM
"
falagar112 wrote:

You can inspect my character to see what I mean - allowed me to spec out of diamond skin nodes and pick up more dps nodes.

Without Astramentis, how will you level up your gems?
"
Levirael wrote:
"
falagar112 wrote:

Without Astramentis, how will you level up your gems?

You can see my gear/passives - I have 0 30dex/str nodes, nor any issues leveling up my gems.
My ring and neck have some stats on top of the INT :)
"
Docbp87 wrote:
You basically answered your own questions. Your chest, boots, and gloves all have low ES. Your belt has good ES for a chain belt, but if you are level 79+ you should be using a crystal belt that has been Essence Crafted to have Int. You can get another 2% inc Int from Black Sun, another 10 flat from Astramentis, another 1% increased from the staff, and a good little bit more flat Int on your jewels on the tree (you have really low rolls on Brute Forces and Fertile Mind). Your Discipline is also only level 19. You want at least a level 20, and you want it in your helmet for the +1 level.

And he is only lv 82 according to his profile. 10 more levels will add a lot.

And his jewels suck.
"
Docbp87 wrote:

So basically I need to farm until my eyes bleed? Because we're talking multiples of ex for all of that. Thanks for the info.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

And his jewels suck.

So what should I focus on first? What's going to get me the biggest short-term return on my money? Getting max-level str/dex conversion jewels? Or upgrading my gloves/boots? Part of the problem is I just don't have a lot of currency. Astramentis was 115c for me so.
"
falagar112 wrote:

That's a possibility, although you want more than that on the amulet. But vaaling 100 good amulets (with average luck) to get about the same as 1 Astramentis plus maybe some small bonus... Wouldn't just buying Astramentis for 1-2 ex be cheaper?
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

And his jewels suck.

So what should I focus on first? What's going to get me the biggest short-term return on my money? Getting max-level str/dex conversion jewels? Or upgrading my gloves/boots? Part of the problem is I just don't have a lot of currency. Astramentis was 115c for me so.

Focus on leveling and upgrading your jewels first, yours are pretty terrible. You can do it while farming Uber Lab and mid-tier maps.

2nd priority: better chest and better gloves. Int is good, you got that, now try to find more ES with high Int. Currency can be found in the Lab.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 29, 2016, 4:00:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info