Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

"Free discussion." LOLOLOLOLOL1
honestly, and i wont expect anyone to believe it, i bought all my supporter packs for the forum title to show how much i love this FREE game,
the points were a bonus and its lovely to be able to use some alternate effects.

a few shitty threads in a forum won't change the facts! ^(^
Exiled for Eternity
POE makes me want to buy a better computer so there is that....
- Stash tabs to stock more items
- Premium tabs for selling items
- Currency tabs

But I'm ok with this since they don't sell items, exp boost, loot boost,...
Depends on your definition of Pay to Win as being to sell Items and hoard items more... if yes. Then yes its definitely pay to win.

That's not how I see it so meh... #PAYTOHOARD
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I'm sick of seeing all these "PoE is pay2win" threads.

I've been gaming for 20 years, played tons of arpgs, mmos, etc., free and paid, and let me tell you: this game is definitely not in the pay2win category.

First of all,

Think about the thousands of hours of work, programming, creativity, etc., it took to make this game.

This is a game where you can literally play through all 4 acts in all difficulties without spending a dime, and where the competition has almost no advantage on you if they spend $1000 and you don't.

Now of course if you want to put in a thousand hours and collect thousands of currency, hundreds of items, etc., wow guess what you have to pay $5 to $20 for some stash tabs... boohoo.

Honestly if you bitch about having to pay for stash tabs you're either a young kid or slow in the head.

/rant
Pay to win?

I've been dabbling in this game for quite some time and I have bought many a stash tab to hold all my junk and support GGG at the same time. I've never placed in a race, never hit lev 100 with any character. So, in a nutshell I'm a crap player who hoards a mountain of mediocre ITEMS in a forest of colourful self labelled stash tabs. Cos I like l3wt :)

I'd quite like to make it to the end of the labyrinth on merciless one day, perhaps the OP can direct me to the requisite p2w section of the mtx shop? Cheers mate.
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
PoE is NOT pay to win.

If you want to see a real pay 2 win game, look up "Allods Online." There is rune system that amplifies your offense and defense, which can easily be bought via their cash shop.

Another pay to win game? Final Fantasy Record Keeper. While you can play without paying, paying lets you grind to your heart's content and you can gamble for GG gear. Otherwise, your playtime is limited by stamina and whether or not you get good gear is purely up to luck. No way to trade with others.

For those that continue to think Path of Exile is pay to win, please do your research.
There are different degrees. This one is very minimal but the allure of lots of tabs with many hundreds of items to sell them in and get you rich always lingers.

GGGs business model is a very good one. 3/4 of you dont even know you spent more on this game than any other and like it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 1, 2016, 2:10:23 AM
"
Tejlonpl wrote:
WOW I am happy so many of you answered . I understand that developers need to earn some coin to maintenance the servers , improve the game etc. but as I remember amount of players on Perandus League made all servers crash and lag as hell . Most people make one or 2 microtrans like tabs or effect so I think coin is flowing so :

1) I understand buying tabs is necessity but u can cope without it , make mules vendor all the crappy uniques etc . OK everyone is free and no one is screwed .

2) But I got enraged when I found out only premium stash owners sell items fast , and for e.g.. ME without any premium but with a lot of standard tabs ( 12 ) I am fucked . To sell anything on Poe trade and to be online ( everyone knows most people search only for online offers , even Poe trade has automatically " online only " button pressed ) now I need to use program acquisition , run it and give my password to steam , email address etc. ( R U JOKING ? )
Program looks 100% unsafe and easy to crack . I think this is pay for win coz u win with a lot of money ( U c an buy much better equ = winning in pvp or even killing uber and looting turbo expensive uniques ) . I think with such changes game is becoming pay to win step by step .

3) Buying points and ongoing commercials :

Here is my biggest disappointment . Prices in shop are designed in a way that u need to buy more coins then u really need , directly forcing u to pay more real money . I would like to buy " upgrade to premium stash tab " and it costs 15 points ( 1,67 dollar ) but u all know 5 dollars is the smallest amount u can spend for the points .... I know about bank fees etc but this is not fair .There are many tricks like this in shop , and for me it is seriously ripping people off .

Second thing are these golden commercials appearing on screen many times during the day , Is the game really so underplayed ?

Thank you people for speaking your minds , I just hope some of developers will read this thread and maybe stop the ongoing journey to the abyss ;)

its rough when 5 dollars stop you in your tracks , i recommend going out working for a couple of hours now during the downtime between leagues so you can join the rest of us and sell shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info