Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

"
mark1030 wrote:
But what did the people who reached 40 challenges first get? I couldn't find any evidence they got anything other than the challenge totem.

I just checked and it looks like they stopped giving out T-shirts to the fastest people to get the challenges right before Perandus league. I guess that's one advantage extra stash tabs no longer give anyone. I thought the t-shirts were a cool bonus for being fast, too. I'd never get one, but it was a neat motivator for the racers.

"
mark1030 wrote:
Seems like spending time trading in a 2 week race might be counterproductive.

2 weeks is forever in a race. Anybody who wants to win will have to trade. A big reason for this is that the best builds for racing usually end up using some number of expensive uniques. It also helps to have tons of chaos lying around to buy and roll maps, chisels, fragments, and so on.

I actually made a thread showing the profits from my sales in that race. I easily made enough to buy whatever uniques I needed if I wasn't playing self found. It took very little time to price and sell everything, but there's no way I could have done it all on the basic four stash tabs.

Completely unrelated, but I ended up dying to a powerful crits devourer at 99% xp in that race. If I'd stayed alive for literally one more minute, I'd have hit 91 and ended the race in a tie for 25th place. Stupid devourer stole my demi.
Last edited by Jennik on May 31, 2016, 5:13:59 PM
"
Jennik wrote:
Stupid devourer stole my demi.

Sure it did
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
I might agree here. The trade tabs saves you time. There's no denying that. And time is pretty valuable when it comes to trading and racing combined.

Do I care? No. The day GGG starts selling gear, respecs and other stuff that directly buffs your character, I leave.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:
Stupid devourer stole my demi.

Sure it did

Not that it really matters, but you can check the final standings here. Take into account that my XP there already has the death penalty applied. Both of the people tied for 25th were lucky enough to die right after leveling instead of right before.
How about buying a more powerful computer? Isn't that pay-to-win as well? A $2000 gaming desktop runs the game much better than a $300 laptop, resulting in less deaths, shorter loading times and generally faster progress through the game.
Pay to win in games is almost always used to refer to things purchased in game that give players an advantage. That's what the developers have control over.
Last edited by Jennik on May 31, 2016, 6:38:14 PM
ITT: People blaming p2w for their own shortcomings

Spoiler
You could probably sneeze and win a Demi, no one got robbed...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
ITT: People blaming p2w for their own shortcomings

Spoiler
You could probably sneeze and win a Demi, no one got robbed...

You have found an amazingly absurd way to misinterpret my post. You've done such an astounding job of it that I'm not even going to attempt to correct you. Congrats.

Edit: On a completely unrelated note, I finally got that forum ignore list working. Good times.
Last edited by Jennik on May 31, 2016, 6:41:36 PM
"
Jennik wrote:
Pay to win in games is almost always used to refer to things purchased in game that give players an advantage. That's what the developers have control over.

Yet a decent computer gives a much larger advantage than stash tabs. If you only have a laptop with integrated graphics that can run the game at 10 fps, you can forget about reaching level 100 at all unless you have help. And speaking of help, don't the top streamers have an unfair advantage in the form of a large fanbase? If they hit the slightest snag, there'll be dozens of players offering them items or currency to keep the show going. Extra stash tabs may make your progress slightly faster, but that's peanuts compared to many external advantages.

I still remember a decade ago when pay-to-win meant spending real money to purchase the infinity plus one sword to kill the final boss of the game with. Or keys to access new areas in the game. You were literally paying for the very ability to win the game. The alternative, if it existed at all, usually involved farming hundreds of hours. One game I played for a while offered free playtime for about an hour per day and required spending money to play more.

These days gamers are happy to slap the term on even the slightest perceived advantage, especially if they can't afford it themselves. Cosmetic microtransactions are usually labeled cash grabs instead, because god forbid a game studio actually gets and income from something.
Last edited by databeaver on May 31, 2016, 7:05:47 PM
this game could be better, like any game, but if you compare seriously any aspect of this game with other online game

don't forget they started with low money, they even needed to create their own shitty engine

SERIOUSLY GGG ...

the pay to win here is illegal (RMT) ang GGG is fighting against it actively.

if you are talking about stash tab, it can be pay to win if you mean fast and more item at the same time to sell, BUT in this case, like jennik wrote, you can buy a decent 1000€ computer for more fps, better reaction, less loading time, have 2 clients on the same computer. If you find a more balanced free to play, with more content, more dev communication, or something else valuable, just tell us dude! Im looking for the best free to play since 2004 and still come back on path of exile every league .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info