[2.6.0] LEGACY Caustic Arrow High Speed Flexible Magic Find

"
PinkerShtain wrote:
What if i choose Pathfinder instead of Scion? It gives unlimited movement and rarity flasks = more moove speed and more IIR.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

You will lose a ton of dmg

like I said we need move speed as well as DPS top of that iir iiq :)

keep a good balance, all 3 of them.
fb.com/x1gamin
Last edited by X1aNzZ on Dec 14, 2016, 6:10:48 AM
Love this build! I cleared a tier 15 map yesterday on level 85.

Want to share you with my gear and gem setup. The gear is not perfect, but pretty solid, in my opinion, still trying to roll a "40% increased Caustic Arrow Damage" enchant on my helmet, but everything (including most bosses) melting pretty fast.

Spoiler
Last edited by Гаруспик on Dec 16, 2016, 4:20:19 AM
it lacks dmg for t16 + for everything else its fine.
Hello ! I'm doing this build in Breach's league (and it's a little hard in breaches but nevermind)

Why Leo level 5 ? The damage over time mod is available at 3.
Is for removing it and craft again ?
No quantity on gear/gem = No effective MF builds.
Ginbuza Zinvurilian
"
BreachLord wrote:

Go back to standard.
This build sounds great, so I made myself one... but I'm struggling to figure out the play style for survival/sustainability. I don't see life/mana leech or a huge life/mana pool for great regen. I am guessing that mana works because caustic arrow is not spammed... but how does the build keep its life up?
Any tips for boosting my damage?
3.5kdps cloud chaos in town.
754dps frenzy in town.

The character is MFhuehuheu
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/%C3%B6let/characters

EDIT: Fixed privacy issue.

Last edited by ölet on Dec 23, 2016, 12:03:05 AM
i'm currently doing this build in breach... good thing i got this leveling bow...
"
BreachLord wrote:

Why, you can use Item Quantity gem in your setup if you are playing in Standard, or Item Rarity if you are playing in a Season League, and you can always use Divination Distillate, fortunately it’s not an issue with this build. Though, in Season League, you would like to compensate Item Quantity with specific unique items.

"
ImAncient wrote:
This build sounds great, so I made myself one... but I'm struggling to figure out the play style for survival/sustainability. I don't see life/mana leech or a huge life/mana pool for great regen. I am guessing that mana works because caustic arrow is not spammed... but how does the build keep its life up?

The defensive mechanics of this build are - high evasion rate, dodge chance and movement speed. High movement speed allows to keep safe distance between you and bosses, and the combination of evasion and dodge allows you to avoid hits from yellow mobs and bosses in the biggest number of cases. For extra safety and damage you use Spell Totem + Wither, which will decrease enemy’s chaos resistance and movement speed. In this way, most of bosses will have no chance to hit you even once! Nevertheless, playing this build you need always to remember to position yourself in safe spots and to know behaviour of your enemies.

If you are lucky or wealthy enough, you can use equipment with both high evasion rate and energy shield. Occultist Ascendancy node will partially compensate the decrease of energy shield caused by Acrobatics node.

The life pool is not the highest, but high enough to survive hard hits from bosses of maps up to level 14 (if you too sloppy enough to let them hit you :) ), and due to high evasion rate and dodge chance you have enough time to regroup and to recover. Just do not neglect life mods on your equipment, especially on your jewels.

Unfortunately, due to mechanics of Caustic Arrow, it’s impossible to use Life Leech - clouds which arrows spreads utilize no Life Leech, nor Life Gain On Hit gems/mods. Nevertheless, you can use Life Gain On Hit in your Frenzy setup, though I never had an issue with health points, thanks to flasks.

Speaking of mana - yes, you do not need to spam Caustic Arrow too much and mana sustain is not an issue, even with turned of Clarity. But you actually do not want too high mana regeneration rate in order to use Divination Distillate more frequently for extra Item Quantity and Item Rarity bonuses.

Hope this will help you :)

"
ölet wrote:
Any tips for boosting my damage?
3.5kdps cloud chaos in town.
754dps frenzy in town.

The character is MFhuehuheu
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/%C3%B6let/characters

EDIT: Fixed privacy issue.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Well, first of all - you need to complete your Ascendancy. Occultist Ascendancy node will increase your damage inflicted to cursed enemies.

Level up your gems, all of them, because Caustic Arrow depends highly on gems’ level. Eventually, you want to six-link your bow (and even have +1 level of gems) and to use Empower level 3 or 4 - this will boost your damage drastically. Also Concentrated Effect provides a huge increment of damage, though it's not shown in the tool-tip.

Always keep your Frenzy charges at maximum level - they give more DPS as well. Same deal with a Flame Golem.

Use Spell Totem + Wither. This combination will significantly help you to fight against yellow mobs, bosses and mobs with chaos resistance by reducing their movement speed and chaos resistance.

And the last one - level up a bit, you still have some useful nodes to pick up :)
Last edited by Гаруспик on Dec 27, 2016, 5:47:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info