Hey guys... i'm back!

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:38:35 PM
"
Vasilas wrote:
some people could say that it's just a game, pixels, no big deal etc, but that is bullsh-t.

I would say that but from a different perspective - who buys these pixels? The whole point of the game is grind and collect...paying to bypass this stuff entirely is something that is mind boggling to me. I can understand wall hacking and aim botting in CS GO and how much of a rush it is to win at PvP games...but this is PvE. And getting strong enough to be godlike in this game doesn't even take that much effort o.O
"
SIQI wrote:
one day, maybe they will add a PIN, use arrow pad to enter it like they got it in DFO, randomized number spawn everytime, pretty safe.

too lazy to log on an get a proper picture, but this what I'm talkin about:

http://www.dfoneople.com/security/securityCenter

4 houses with 4 randomized numbers each, arrows move the goblin towards a house then you can select the number you want to enter with another arrow press, after 1 digit entered, the a new set of houses/number spawn again so player can enter 2nd digit n so forth, can't brute force thru this xD. Of course up to the player if you want to use it or not.

omg someone else who plays dfo no way aaaaaaaaaa

On topic, sorry for your loss Korgoth. You seemed like a pretty cool guy whenever I saw you on the forums (e.g: rarely cuz I don't go on the forums much). If I got my stuff stolen, I certainly wouldn't come back to PoE... cool build ideas or not. I hope the rest of your life goes better.
IGN: ArborealTeapot [Standard]
~Your Happy Hugfriend~ (Not Hugfiend...)
There is a guy in my guild whos account was hacked like 2 weeks ago.

Wondering if it is somehow connected, also imagening this can happen to me also leaves bad taste in my mouth. Not sure how hard it is to implement pin system like it is in Blade and Souls for example, to add additional layer of security.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Oh wow, that really stinks. Getting hacked is never a good thing and to experience one is really painful. I cannot fathom how you feel right now, KorgothBG, but I hope for the best and maybe some day you can come back to PoE. :(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on May 24, 2016, 5:21:31 PM
Do you use the same email/password on some other forum? Like a guild forum or a gaming forum or anything.

I remember on another game when I was in a small group of people and they decided to make a forum for it. Few minutes after making my account there I had like 10 failed login attempts on the game...
"
Jaille wrote:
Do you use the same email/password on some other forum? Like a guild forum or a gaming forum or anything.

Nope, getting my account hacked is my biggest internet-related fear and because of that I have unique, long and complicated passwords for everything that i use.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 24, 2016, 6:18:03 PM
How to smash heads!

I enjoyed that thread. Sad to hear about your item losses.

This issue keeps coming up. GGG needs two factor authentication. Or much better account security when an account is accessed from a completely different location for the first time, especially if email/password has recently changed.

If I had my way I'd permanently disable any account access from outside North America (or my home city, if that was possible).

This is one of the customer service areas GGG does really poorly on. Blizzard for example cares more about the individual customer than the economy, so they'll restore items when accounts are compromised. It's really hard to retain a player who loses 1000+ hours of effort, even for future games they remember. It's a big hit to lifetime customer value to do nothing.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 24, 2016, 6:27:54 PM
Sad news indeed...
Think I will change my password just to be safe, though I am yet to have such a case happen to me (compromised password).

Try not to think too much about it and move past it, and we all hope to see you be back as a part of our community in the future.

Best of luck.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Kor, This saddens me. I was looking forward to future build list that as easily accessible. That being said, I have been a Diablo 2 player for well over 13 years. I still have so many screenshots on photobucket of all the legendary gear I worked many years to get. Perfect items. Items that are worth more than most peoples whole accounts. Nearly a decade of work, and one day my password is incorrect, and as you; a horrible feeling gets deep into my chest. Not only is all my gear slap gone, the perfect gear, the legendary characters, but they are also deleted my level 99,98,95x3, 90 x 6. My mules full of very expensive gear waiting to be sold or used. A mix between pure hatred and complete emotion because 13 years of my grinding levels, farming gear and ect, gone. If you think POE is gear dependent and hard to obtain, never pick up Diablo 2. All that said, I still play it until this day. I'll never have the same gear I did back then, no where near as many people play the game anymore and the amount of work required its impossible. Diablo 2 has forever set the standard of mmo-rpgs that resemble it such as Path of Exile. Which is the only reason I play this game is because it resembles a game I still love. Don't let some fuck stick who took your stuff take away your happiness from enjoying the game aswell. Hope to see you soon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info