Hey guys... i'm back!

That fucking sucks, man.

Shouldnt you receive an unlock code on your e-mail, if you login from another country?
Did you check if your POE related e-mails is forwarded somewhere?
Last edited by kussekurt on May 24, 2016, 2:03:38 PM
Yes i did receive a GGG unlock code e-mail yesterday ( or the guy who stole my stuff recieved it and didn't deleted it afterwards ) taht's why i know that he/she is from Ukraine. Though my password for PoE was changed and for that GGG sends yet another e-mail, that one though was deleted.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 24, 2016, 2:05:44 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:38:00 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
if your email was compromised too you should consider a clean sweep of your system before trashing that email and switching to a new one in my opinion

Yup, that's the plan.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Not much to say except i really enjoyed playing some of your builds a while ago.

Account security deserve a serious upgrade it's not the first time we see that on forum and it seems to happen a lot these days. Even if the problem come possibly from your mail as soon there is no item backup possible in GGG politic it would be at least nice to have a stronger protection regarding this.

That's it .. all other thing i could say are insults dedicated to the piece of **** who did that.

Good luck anyway hope one day you will post quality builds again and get back to the game.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on May 24, 2016, 2:38:37 PM
I know it sucks when things like this hapend.
In my experience hackins are prevented in the first place by vigourous and decisive actions of company.
The only game hacking free I have played was one where they staff tracked all stolen items, they were returned to owner, and all accounts involved in hacking were baned. So in the end afteer 2-3 cases was clear there is no point in doing it because you can not proffit.

Hopefuly GGG can trak items and get them back to you and mostly ban the accounts involved in hacking
KorgothBG and I have spoken through private messages, but I will post some things here too.

First of all, let me say again how upsetting these news were, some people could say that it's just a game, pixels, no big deal etc, but that is bullsh-t. The time he invested in this game was very much real, so was the act of theft by the lowlife who did this.

I've had my WoW account hacked once, back in the day and then I bought a Blizzard authenticator. Never happened again.
PoE having no secondary security system is really mind-boggling at this point, if you think that in 2016 you can't even create a new e-mail address without giving your phone number first. GGG should start working on this immediately to protect their customers.

I'm starting to sound like a pitchfork guy so I'll stop. KorgothBG, whenever you decide to continue playing this good game, I will be here to support you and so will others! Don't give up!
Last edited by Vasilas on May 24, 2016, 3:06:31 PM
That sucks to hear. I know how you feel. This happened to me before the email security thing came into place. Someone logged into my account while I was at work and took everything valuable that I had and at the same time killed my HC character (to transfer the stuff to STD). I didnt play for a month or so, was so pissed.

But it healed over time and I have played the game a ton, I hope you will come back too.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
The sad fact of the matter is that You and GGG are not really responsible for the hack taking place, sure things can be improved on their end, and they can be improved on your end, but really even that would not guarantee a hack will never take place....it's a constantly evolving effort on the part of the hacker.

Someone mention the authenticator, and yet blizz cautioned a few years back that it could be bypassed with a torjan.
Also the pin number entry after logging in can be worked around/bypassed/altered.

No method is fool proof and 100% safe
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Oddly I almost had this happen to me recently. I have a seperate password directly for my email but I continued to use Steam to Sign in. Lately I had a hunch someone (could have been someone I knew that just knew my email or something) got into my account. Now I have a setup for my emails where it will email, text my phone and alert me wth notifications about these events... So I hop on and they somehow accessed my steam account. I immediately contacted GGG to unlink, I changed that password, I made a new steam account with a new email, and a generator. Problem was solved. But it's scary when you have thousands of worth while items sitting like a duck just waiting....

I hope GGG can help you out. But regardless of everything I would strongly advice changing emails and a generated password even if it's normal login or steam!

Best of luck to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info