Hey guys... i'm back!

Hey guys ... i know that this wouldn't come out as it should .. but i guess i'm kind of emotional at this point.

You see i've started playing PoE in Closed Beta in march 2012 after a friend told me about it. I've played path of exile fanatically ever since ... with more than 10k hours of gameplay. I've tried so many builds, i've reached the maximum capacity of characters so many times ( then deleting some of them ) and i had so much fun doing that. I've made some rather popular guides throughout the years, the flicker striker was even highlighted by GGG ( and a guy reached N1 slayer with it in the Perandus flashback event ) ... i've even took care of the Duelist, Templar and Marauder build lists.

I've played only solo, rarely traded ... never flipped an item, never scammed a player, never took advantage of the lack of knowledge of a newbie ( stupid i know ), for some reason i rarely played FoTM builds too ( at least not when they were popular ) ... because of all that i guess i was never really a "rich" player. I never had a mirror or a mirrored item, but slowly i was able to get good amount of currency ... really slowly ... by farming... by spending time in Wraeclast killing things, again and again. I had the following goal for my currency - making a collection of all existing uniques ( league only included ), that was extremely difficult until Perandus, when i was able to get most of the league-only uniques that i needed ( i still wasn't able to get the expensive stuff like skyforth or even acuity ) . At some point i've sold .. most of the things that i wasn't using ( or that i didn't need for the collection ) and bought a Headhunter .. oh man that was a glorious day! ( a month ago i think )

Anyway today i tried to log into my account just to find out that my password was incorrect... i already knew what happened but i still had some hope. After changing my password i was finally able to log-in just to find out that almost everything valuable was gone ... sure i still have more than many players and some of you would say "first world problems" and i guess they will be right. Some might say "pff Perandus is almost over who cares for STD anyway" ... well i care ... those things represented 10000 hours of my life ... that's more than an year of my life ... stolen. I cannot continue my 3-year old guides any more either... i don't have the needed items anymore .. or even the needed gems. Some might say "It's bad .. but deal with it and just start again with Prophecy" .. but i can't ... not yet anyway.

In any case i'm glad for all those years, it was truly fun, after all the h'n's aRPG genre is my favorite and PoE is definitely my favorite h'n's aRPG . I'm not a rich guy in real life ( more because the country that i'm from is rather poor ) but i've supported GGG as much as i could ... because of my guides some guys donated me some cash ... and it all went to GGG, and i'm happy with that ... and i don't regret it. I hope that i was able to help some of you, at least i've always tried. And in the end .. i can only say .. thank you guys and good luck!

P.S.
Probably i will be lurking the forums from now on.

EDIT: I was able to find out that my account was accessed from "Odessa, Odes'ka Oblast', Ukraine" .. i'm not from Ukraine btw

EDIT2: Well guys ... after reading the messages and posts of so many people i've decided to come back to PoE ... i guess i love the game a bit too much and Prophecy looks fun for sure. Anyway thank you all for the kind words and support i really appreciate it and it is the main reason why i'm coming back (so soon at least). I know i've said it way too often but .. you are awesome!

P.S. And a big thank you to all that offered me free gear and currency, my stance though remains the same and i cannot accept them... i don't feel like it would be fair to take the items.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 27, 2016, 3:54:20 AM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 9:33:45 AM
Damn, sorry to see something like this happen to you.

I've looked at your guides before several times.

In the last few days, I've seen multiple posts by old timers who got hacked. It makes me suspicious that there might be some bigger issue here.
This is terrible news. :(
Wow, this is pretty sad. I really hope that GGG can help you somehow.
This is a buff.
i hope ggg can help you get your items back.. if not , try prophecy maybe you will like it and have some more fun :) (i would change everything email/password/ everything else u can change)
Damn man

Do you play softcore? I could probably help you with some small amounts of things I have lying about (I think I have quite a lot from perandus on my league only account)

It wouldn't be much, but it could help
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Anyway today i tried to log into my account just to find out that my password was incorrect... i already knew what happened but i still had some hope.

" I see account sharing " -- Navali, 3rd june 2016
" You... managed to catch the fish i wanted? Congratulations! Let´s keep this a secret between the two of us, shall we? In the meantime, take this. It should be useful in the future." - Krillson, the 8th Master.
Grinding Gear & Gems
Last edited by typ3r on May 24, 2016, 12:48:01 PM
Reminds me of this. If you still get joy from PoE take some time then start again. :)
Thanks for the sympathy guys... as always you are awesome.

@typ3r
Nope, no account sharing at all ... some might laugh but i had nightmares that someone might steal my PoE account .. so i wasn't sharing my account even with my wife ( not even joking )

@G7Ghost
Thanks mate, but no thanks.

@marcos459, GeorgAnatoly
Maybe i'll come back to PoE at some point .. but i doubt that it would be during Prophecy. And yes i've already changed my passwords on everything ( after doing tons of malware checks with various software programs )

P.S. i Know the GGG policy about this and i know that they can't/won't give me back the items, and i completely understand them and i don'have a problem with that fact.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 24, 2016, 12:52:02 PM
This is the third thread I've seen like this in 3 days...sorry for your losses, and this is very concerning. Would changing my password even do anything? I already use unique passwords for everything I do and all the other standard stuff that people do. No acct sharing, no rmt, no mods, etc etc.
Last edited by innervation on May 24, 2016, 12:59:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info