Hey guys... i'm back!

Oh man, so sorry, you are a very helpful and active member of the community and you did not deserve this.
Second-class poe gamer
sad to hear ... that it happened and that it's possible even if you're extra careful, even paranoid about security like i'am.

the only hurdle attackers have to take is to get the email address attached to your account. in that matter it's really dangerous that ggg doesn't take the dev time to blank out the email address in the login screen when you stream.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Demonoz
I never used Procurement for the fear of this happening.

Yeah ive never heard of anyone ever having an issue before with it but.. you know first time for everything. So i had to ask! Still sucks man.

That brings me to another question.. When ive had issues with my internet and like recently ive had to change my modem which in turn changed my IP address so when i go to login to POE it locks my account even with a good password because it flags me for trying to access from a different computer (IP)
So my question is.. isnt that setup on your account as well? or did you for some reasons in the past have them turn that off for whatever reason? Seems like that would protect you from something like this but i also know people who use things like dynamic IPs where they change everyday or every so often so people will ask for GGG to turn this off because it locks their accounts everyday or every so often all the time.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 25, 2016, 5:01:24 AM
Hey, I give away most stuff I accumulate in temp leagues so I don't have that much resources accumulated but I have some stuff left which can at least give you some basic bank to start over.

Make an Uber build (I actually have a complete gear set for that), farm it a few weeks and you'll have more than what you lost.

Uber build set:
Disregard the item rarity gem, there are leveled trap and mine damage and constrolled destruction gems to swap with it.
Spoiler

some other stuff laying around, I'll rip the HC stuff to send it to Standard

The most expensive items are a 6-link strength-life-armour chest, a 6-link Pledge, a brittle emperor card, a corrupted +1 frenzy charge legacy Blood Dance and a 5-link legacy Lightning Coil. Also a pretty nice life/300 es/resist hybrid helmet, a high armour-life-strength-double resist helmet and some other decent goodies.

plus 6-7 ex, 280c and 260 fuse and some other random currencies

It's all yours if you want it, just let me know.

If you want to make a solid bank, IMO just the uber set with the currencies will be enough if you farm it for a month. I also have a ton of normal Atziri fragments and a Hope fragment, as well as lots of t10+ maps.

p.s. not to mention that Prophecy league starts in a week or so, you could just play there. Starting from scratch in a new league is a great experience. If you make an Uber build and farm it there you'll be rolling in cash in no time. You'll be rolling in cash when the league ends even with a normal build.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 25, 2016, 10:09:57 AM
You lost a headhunter, not only that but you liquidated a ton of your stuff for one. I'd be devastated
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
I am sorry this happened to you.

If any of you people here have Gmail, you need to set up 2-factor authentication at once, the provide a key-generator on the phone, and if your email provider don't provide 2-factor, you should switch to one that does.

I would always trust Google and Microsoft over a small ISP when it comes to security, they have access to better personnel, and have an inherent interest in keeping things safe, (but at the same time are larger targets for hacking attempts).

Also configure Steam Guard on your Steam accounts, if you have not done so.

Btw, NCSoft uses Google Authenticator for their logins, it is time for GGG to implement the same, email confirmations are not enough anymore.
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
innervation wrote:
This is the third thread I've seen like this in 3 days...sorry for your losses, and this is very concerning. Would changing my password even do anything? I already use unique passwords for everything I do and all the other standard stuff that people do. No acct sharing, no rmt, no mods, etc etc.

Pretty scary stuff. I changed my password anyway. Everyone should on a regular basis.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@Demonoz
I never used Procurement for the fear of this happening.

Yeah ive never heard of anyone ever having an issue before with it but.. you know first time for everything. So i had to ask! Still sucks man.

That brings me to another question.. When ive had issues with my internet and like recently ive had to change my modem which in turn changed my IP address so when i go to login to POE it locks my account even with a good password because it flags me for trying to access from a different computer (IP)
So my question is.. isnt that setup on your account as well? or did you for some reasons in the past have them turn that off for whatever reason? Seems like that would protect you from something like this but i also know people who use things like dynamic IPs where they change everyday or every so often so people will ask for GGG to turn this off because it locks their accounts everyday or every so often all the time.
The hackers get control of your email so they can get the unlock code to get into the game. They often try to hide their tracks by deleting the emails so people don't know about them.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Demonoz wrote:
So my question is.. isnt that setup on your account as well?

If you check his edits you'll see that yes, he dose have the feature enabled, and subsequently found the unlock code email telling him that the IP address of the attempted login was in the Ukraine
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
@Bars
Thanks a lot for the offered help man ( and everyone else who offered me gear and currency ), but i simply cannot accept. The guy left some valuable items without even realizing it, so i could start again ... but at the moment i don't really have the desire to play PoE again ... in the future maybe.

I wanted to really thank you all guys... the people in this thread, the folks that pm-ed me, the guys from GGG who took the time to talk a bit via e-mails with me. I really never fully realized that my presence here meant something for... anyone really, and the kindness from people that i never interacted with before is really warming my heart. Blah ... sounds cheesy i know but it is the truth ... and with my ok but yet limited English skills i can't really express my thoughts and feelings in a better way. Anyway .. thanks again guys.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 25, 2016, 10:31:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info