Chris Wilson on PoE in 2013 and 2016

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
TriniGamer wrote:
This game is still too hard, I am counting on this turning into D3 at some point but keeping the builds as is.

In D3 you have cooldown for spells thats not fun.

Also character models in this game is ugly and females are not attractive. They should fix this

There is a few cooldowns here as well.

Anyway - this game is not hard if you have experience. My advice is do what I did just copy a build to a tee so you can learn system and monsters. I did it when I came from D3. Copied a journeyman named ziggyD (at the time it was his MoM EK scion) and I actually made 74 in HC first shot!

He has a great channel here with updated builds and A to Z about this game
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZiggyDStarcraft

Fast forward to today I make my own builds and laugh at everything.

Hmm very interesting I still have to learn about those special realms and crafting and stuff but yeah I ended up copying a marauder earth quake build but my ultimate goal is Scion discharge mjolner
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Ill confirm ZiggyD a nice, 'accessible' streamer who will take time to answer any of your questions.

As a newb, dont be afraid to learn (applies to any game) on your own. Keep pushing. People always say Im anti-noob, but thats not true. We all are noobs when we start a game. The difference is 'inaccessible' game throws you in the water and you have to learn by yourself. That was one of the main things that I instantly loved about PoE when I started it.
"
Perq wrote:
Don't need to farm for itamz 24/7 for 2 months = game is easy.

k, son. Give HC a shot. :=D

The reason the game is easy is not the ease of accessing items. The item accessibility is fine in Perandus. The problem is that player damage scales too high with certain skills, such that you can run really good defenses while at the same time one-shotting pretty much everything. The monster HP is also too low (and skills too badly balanced). Combine that with RNG blocked end-game content and you are in for a can-play-while-watching-TV game which is pretty boring. I'd love to chain 8-mod T13 maps, would be a blast. However, not possible.

I see the current state may be desirable for some, but please, GGG, give us an option to make the game harder, like a perma flashback league or something along those lines.

As for HC: Try HC on South American internet and see how that works. Hint: It doesn't. But yeah, talking to a wall there.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Balance is a problem, true. And they are fixing it. Nerfing the Voltaxic/Chaos meta is one of those things. What is people's reaction?

Talking to a wall here? Fuck man, you have some great discussion attitude right here! I almost feel like reading your next post!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Well, this is the game of casuals nowdays. Anyone who havent noticed it are either blind or fanboys.

It used to be the hardcore follower of d2, and now it is more like d3.
"
CaoMengde wrote:
"
We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves

that part is taken out

guess its a game they dont want to play anymore ? lol

Ok, so you don't care for some of the ways PoE has changed. That's your viewpoint. But, I read somewhere that the upcoming Prophecy League cost around $500,000.00 to produce (that's not surprising). So if GGG has had to change course over the last 3.5 years (approx. from OB PoE launch in January 2013) because if GGG stayed hard and fast to "the game that we'd want to play ourselves" and that in turn only got them a much smaller player base and thus did not generate enough revenue to stay in business and they had to shut down, then we all would have been sad. If you run a small business of any kind and don't adapt your product to what most of your customers want then you will be out of business real fast.

I think it's very bad of anyone to pass judgement on GGG changing PoE over the last 3.5 years and today it is not exactly the same type of "hardcore" arpg that you loved when you first started playing back in OB or CB times in terms of content difficulty challenges (excluding desync making it a pain to play any fast moving build). You are not wearing the business hat that the GGG execs do every day and you are not making the next league game feature decisions that could make or break the company. If GGG has had to shift focus from their original ideals in order to garner a larger player base to keep their financial gears turning to give us a new league every 4 months and a new act every 1.25 years or so then it's a necessary evil. Otherwise we'd get nothing as GGG would end up the same way as Iron Lore (TQ and TQIT were great, 1 year later and Iron Lore was history due to failure to secure funding for their next project). I really don't think anyone wants GGG to end up as just another wiki footnote. That would really be sad.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 24, 2016, 8:10:20 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Balance is a problem, true. And they are fixing it. Nerfing the Voltaxic/Chaos meta is one of those things. What is people's reaction?

Talking to a wall here? Fuck man, you have some great discussion attitude right here! I almost feel like reading your next post!

The problem is not only the balance of players damage/monster life. Another huge problem is the damage of monsters and player's defence: even with a solid build, you can be oneshotted offscreen. This is not good either.
Last edited by Serge91 on May 24, 2016, 8:14:38 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
CaoMengde wrote:
"
We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves

that part is taken out

guess its a game they dont want to play anymore ? lol

Ok, so you don't care for some of the ways PoE has changed. That's your viewpoint. But, I read somewhere that the upcoming Prophecy League cost around $500,000.00 to produce (that's not surprising). So if GGG has had to change course over the last 3.5 years (approx. from OB PoE launch in January 2013) because if GGG stayed hard and fast to "the game that we'd want to play ourselves" and that in turn only got them a much smaller player base and thus did not generate enough revenue to stay in business and they had to shut down, then we all would have been sad. If you run a small business of any kind and don't adapt your product to what most of your customers want then you will be out of business real fast.

I think it's very bad of anyone to pass judgement on GGG changing PoE over the last 3.5 years and today it is not exactly the same type of "hardcore" arpg that you loved when you first started playing back in OB or CB times in terms of content difficulty challenges (excluding desync making it a pain to play any fast moving build). You are not wearing the business hat that the GGG execs do every day and you are not making the next league game feature decisions that could make or break the company. If GGG has had to shift focus from their original ideals in order to garner a larger player base to keep their financial gears turning to give us a new league every 4 months and a new act every 1.25 years or so then it's a necessary evil. Otherwise we'd get nothing as GGG would end up the same way as Iron Lore (TQ and TQIT were great, 1 year later and Iron Lore was history due to failure to secure funding for their next project). I really don't think anyone wants GGG to end up as just another wiki footnote. That would really be sad.

Thats the exact description for sellouts.
just so were on the same page, were discussing the latest podcast where chris described how he feels the game is too easy right now and that the direction of coming changes will revolve around making the game harder right?

ok, just making sure. Ya I agree with chris, game is too easy atm, glad to hear theyre working towards making it challenging for high level players. cheers.
"
Perq wrote:

Well, every time I mention that HC is unplayable with my internet connection, that comment gets ignored and one of the next things that is posted is: If you want challenge, play HC.

So here I as you: How do I find (consistent) challenge if playing HC is not an option? A 3-damage T15 is challenging, specifically if it is a Core map, but it is neither easy to get a T15 map nor is it easy to roll maps really hard.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info