Chris Wilson on PoE in 2013 and 2016

Solo self found melee
"
Solo self found melee

The game just feels like shit when playing solo self found, because it never was designed for solo self found. But yes, of course I could also run around naked and see how far I get. It just doesn't make any sense.

I was talking about some challenge for my existing characters.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Remove the gear from your existing characters :)
Uhm, yeah. Any serious suggestions?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
So you are playing since 2013 and still didn't buy a support pack, n1
The way all (A)RPG games work is that you build a character until you've reached max level and/or become so godly that the content becomes a joke, then you start another build idea and do it all over again.

That is PoE.

It is not an MMO where you build one character and play it for 10 years. Although you could I suppose if you hate yourself enough...

In PoE, there will be a point where a character has done it all and it's time to retire it. You're there.

You want PoE to be an MMO, but it isn't.
"
Zhatan wrote:

Thats the exact description for sellouts.

You call it being a sellout. I call it running a successful business.

You guys can bitch and moan about changes in the game all you want. At the end of the day, a niche game like PoE was always going to have to expand the market in order to stay alive. Do you really think they would be able to keep pushing out interesting new content and league mechanics every 3 months, and huge expansions every 6 months, with only a niche market to fund them?

Maybe you would prefer a niche game that dies like all of the others and stops receiving content updates, but I'd much rather have a more casual version of PoE that is still a damn good game at the core and will continue receiving fantastic updates for a long time to come.
"
DoctorDong wrote:

Those aren't mutually exclusive, in fact they often go hand in hand.

"
DoctorDong wrote:
You guys can bitch and moan about changes in the game all you want. At the end of the day, a niche game like PoE was always going to have to expand the market in order to stay alive. Do you really think they would be able to keep pushing out interesting new content and league mechanics every 3 months, and huge expansions every 6 months, with only a niche market to fund them?

Maybe you would prefer a niche game that dies like all of the others and stops receiving content updates, but I'd much rather have a more casual version of PoE that is still a damn good game at the core and will continue receiving fantastic updates for a long time to come.

+1 Some people around here either too naive or too obtuse to see the big picture.
"
DoctorDong wrote:
"
Zhatan wrote:

True dat but OP is still funny. And you can remedy the casualness GGG is forced into, which thus far GGG has failed to do, unlike D3 has after care bear patches 1.2 and 1.3 just months after release (first with MP, then Torment, then greater rifts which technically have infinite difficulty). GGG could give truly insane map mods, difficulty slider or make a GR system of their own.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 24, 2016, 5:33:07 PM
"
Zhatan wrote:

I see. So you'd prefer that GGG had kept PoE on the super hardcore path and super starvation, then have 1/10 or less of a player base and not have generated enough revenue to stay in business and be dead and gone now. Oh, and I guess you'd prefer to play PoE: The Desync Edition as desync made PoE much more infuriatingly hardcore and thus more "fun to play". Bad game mechanics make for a hard to play game and not a hardcore game.

I'm not selling out, I'm just looking at PoE and GGG from a practical small business viewpoint. Ideals are fine and dandy but don't pay the electric bills or the employess. Besides that, I'm squarely in the "I don't have 8 hours a day to grind PoE" so where Perandus League placed the time/rewards bar is good with me.

If you feel GGG has made PoE softer than you want then stop playing now and let the other millions that do like Perandus League continue playing without slaving 24/7 and having to put up with too many "PoE is too easy" posts.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 24, 2016, 10:56:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info