Chris Wilson on PoE in 2013 and 2016

Don't need to farm for itamz 24/7 for 2 months = game is easy.

k, son. Give HC a shot. :=D

Yes, game got a LOT easier. But in terms of getting items, Ascendancies and so on. If you have no clue what to do with those, and how game mechanics works (those things we keep on getting with ever patch, which make the game more complicated), you'll fucking die like a fool.

One thing I'd agree with, is that leveling up to 100 is WAY too fast - party setups, maps availability and so on...
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

Yes, game got a LOT easier. But in terms of getting items, Ascendancies and so on. If you have no clue what to do with those, and how game mechanics works (those things we keep on getting with ever patch, which make the game more complicated), you'll fucking die like a fool.

One thing I'd agree with, is that leveling up to 100 is WAY too fast - party setups, maps availability and so on...

Seriously these baddies that just started playing in the last league all think this game is easy because Perandus and Ascendancy came out at the same time. Remember Perandus basically gives mini-domination each map. Its going to be so funny when you cant welfare uniques and everyone is complaining that they are poor and stuff. These people are rediculous complainers now a days.

Lets see what happens when Chaos damage is gutted and these guys cant one shot bosses and uber anymore.

I saw another thread this morning about people complaining that GGG should ban people that price items to low...

This new community makes my soul hurt.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on May 23, 2016, 8:22:08 AM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Seriously these baddies that just started playing in the last league all think this game is easy because Perandus and Ascendancy came out at the same time. Remember Perandus basically gives mini-domination each map. Its going to be so funny when you cant welfare uniques and everyone is complaining that they are poor and stuff. These people are rediculous complainers now a days.

Lets see what happens when Chaos damage is gutted and these guys cant one shot bosses and uber anymore.

I saw another thread this morning about people complaining that GGG should ban people that price items to low...

It's just that the game is too easy , nothing more .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Perq wrote:

maybe you should actually read my posts. the game was never 'hard' to begin with. its just way more accessible and streamlined now, which is a no-no for a self-proclaimed hardcore ARPG.
"

I played HC invasion, unfortunately it got boring after the first wave of nerfs. still fondly remember pre-nerf invasion as the best league out there. but- the majority hated it. me and majority has very different opinion on what this game should be like.

"
If you have no clue what to do with those, and how game mechanics works (those things we keep on getting with ever patch, which make the game more complicated), you'll fucking die like a fool.

why would someone have no clue what to do with anything ? we're talking about the core base of the game, not some noob newcomers.

this core fanbase is destroying average content, on the average, whereas it wasnt like that before. because- of accessibility of everything and power creep.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

who are you talking about exactly ? name names, dont generalize. maybe you're talking about Mors ? I mean, Im sure he just started playing poe last league. I also started playing poe last league, right ? thats why Im bringing up 2013 and how I miss tiny maps, slower pace and limited dps, and NOT one-shotting bosses, it must be it.
game is easier but is it too easy?
I cannot tell the answer because i know the enemies/mechanics too well.. but i still die on weekly bases on my STD glasscannons and even died 4-5 times in the flashback.

I'm not sure if i miss the time when 4/5 of my characters was "forever Fellshrine"

Some are asking more life/resists for monsters, some cry for OP items/skilss, some want more difficult mapmods.. well i want to cut life/es from the tree, something like 20-35%.

See how easy it is then xD
d:-D*
the game was built on arbitrary gates that limited player power vs content. these gates have opened unconditionally.

tiny maps with rare drop rates->built-in maze/large maps, buff drop rates->higher tier maps
docks being endgame pre-map farm area->dried lake with crazy mob density

limited area of effect->inherent large on aoe on most skills so even more damage can be tacked on instead of aoe gems

limited drops->increased unique drops by many magnitudes over many patches, and literally an NPC in last league selling them to you

limited skill points on tree that was taken care of and scrutinized for balance every patch->here take these extra 6 points for free, who are - oh by the way- more powerful than almost any node from the tree itself. oh and have some free mods on your boots, like, say, free leech after running lab.

rares that you had to exalt mods on (and get thorns potentially) -> master crafting

atziri needing to farm lower areas->her mask, hey now you can get all atziri sets by just plowing thru maps

everything in the game is becoming far more accessible to a wider audience and takes LESS time and effort. why ? builds are almost foolproof. no matter how you fuck up, there is almost no way a build cannot do a random gorge unless they really skip out on hit point pool

its becoming more and more of a 'plug-and-play' game, and indeed, now its a game we play while we watch tv. the problem is, d3 does all that 'plug-and-play' gamestyle with arcade pace, much much better.

hahahahaaaaa
Git R Dun!
"
D3 was the same on launch. No smart loot. No way to get anything but to grind for it. Play 6 months, still don't see the item you want drop. AH kept items in play but most scammed, RMTed or just flat out abused the system. Hell was just that. Difficulty was off the charts for little to no rewards (I guess a good death is its own reward lol).

Then they made loot drops cater to your hero, not every hero (if you played a DH, you'd get bow drops, if you played a WD, you'd get staves and ceremonial daggers). Loot drops buffed. Other ways to get legendaries and set pieces.

PoE followed suit. Buffed loot drops. Provided other avenues to get items. Made the game more accessible rather than for the 10 no-lifers that were content to grind one map for weeks on end, 18 hours a day.

This game gets funner the more it evolves. I'm glad GGG decided to improve the loot system to be more rewarding. I'm glad for leagues like Ascendency that provide even more loot. Div cards that do the same.

You can always handicap yourself in some way to increase the difficulty. If you think this game is too easy that is.

No doubt. I bet smart drop are next. Wait isnt that what prophecy is kinda?

I do. I played only 3L max this ladder. Still made 14 maps.

Still OP with 1 alc weapon

enfeebled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlR67NtYt8
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2016, 6:27:07 PM
The game has definitely moved into directions I'm wholly uninterested in. Endless MUDflation, whatever.

Every time they add a new skill to the game, it's either a global buff to every character or meaningless. And each new attack skill is some convoluted/redundant jumping-through-hoops nonsense that nobody wanted, because the fundamental stuff has been done already. Each time I see a new one I'm : | "Okay..... you're... never adding ranger pets, are you."

That massive schism between player expectations and what they implement reminds me of their original duel-wield philosophy.

Players: "I wanna be a zoomy slashy ninja. Believe it!"
Devs: "I want a middle of a road blocking/attacker guy that no players want."

And then they created items to make duel wielding better at blocking than shield users. Yeah. That's great.

But of course the endgame is:

* Endless boss runs
* Maps (ew zzzz snore)
* Make new characters and replay content I've played a million times already

None of which are remotely interesting, so I've rotated out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info