There won't be lagacy Voltaxic confirmed on stream

However, some flippers who stocked up on chaos items will produce a rifer of delicious tears :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Just watch the inc prophesy league... Top ladder would still be voltaxic.

60% conversion with typical voltaxic la build is more than enough to completely neutralize reflect, esp if you also run warlords.

And the damage potential isn't really reduced, other than less double dipping damage (if you use poison support) and some of your damage maybe resisted.

I really feel that the inc top ladder on the purple league will still be voltaxic, I mean it's purple... it's chaos themed... whoever designed it probably play voltspark in the first place anyways. lol.

That being said I also wish there was a chaos conversion cap of 75% if not lower... people would still be using their voltaxic playing the same shit they are playing right now, with minor gear change which probably will put them over 75% chaos conversion anyways... nothing really changed, mathil will still be one shotting uber, chaos converted builds will still be better than their original builds in every way possible, chaos meta forever.

edit: why wont there be legacy voltaxics? I was ready to get rich on standard and I was gonna try to make a super expensive whispering ice build for fun.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 22, 2016, 6:28:24 PM
I like collecting Legacy items. One of the perks of playing and accumulating cool loot over the life span of POE. I don't mind the conversion nerf itself but I don't see why they went with the retroactive/non legacy change when there are so many other legacy items that are just as strong if not stronger.
"
Piftiuta wrote:
What is funny is that even if you see in real time how prices on voltaxic drops, when you list them you see there are only couple of them cheap. Some one is buying them quickly....

Probably people using the auto-search feature on poe.trade who don't know about the change.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Menacetech wrote:
I like collecting Legacy items. One of the perks of playing and accumulating cool loot over the life span of POE. I don't mind the conversion nerf itself but I don't see why they went with the retroactive/non legacy change when there are so many other legacy items that are just as strong if not stronger.

Well, it wasn't a specific item as much as a specific mod, so they nerfed the mod, makes sense.

You know, this means they can retroactively fix consuming dark too, they can put legacy versions to new values, which will screw up the rest of the items of course, but you can just reroll them to update. Maybe they already did it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on May 22, 2016, 6:40:22 PM
Does anyone know when are we getting the 2 week flashback rewards ?
R.I.P 4.B.
I wonder if the nerf is 40% across the board... (it seems reasonable).

Consuming dark would be 30% conversion ect.

Should've sold my volts tho. I was 100% fully expecting my volts all get turned into legacy.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Okay this is bad... this is a new precedent and a reallllly bad one.
Not the news I was hoping for, but not a big deal. GGG is funny and inconsistent with these things so it's always a gamble if you're buying hoping for legacies.

It is a little puzzling though. I had at one point assumed the distinction of whether or not an item would go legacy was whether or not it's mod could roll a range, such as Atziri's Acuity.

That explains legacy versions for Windripper, Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain and most legacies in general, but there are just so many examples, even quite recently, of items that went legacy despite having a unique mod without a range. Mjolner, Kaom's, Aegis, Shavronne's Revelation all went legacy and Mjolner was pretty recent. Legacy Kaom's is still the single strongest item in the game IMO.

My guess is that they didn't always have a system for mass updating player items but they do now (or some workaround such as updating them on next player load), but they only use it when they feel the impact to standard would be too great to allow. I think in general they know us longtime standard players are happy collecting powerful legacies and a lot of us just sit on them forever so the damage is basically contained.

I could be wrong, but that's my take on it. Looking at it that way, you would not expect something as strong as Voltaxic to escape a global chaos conversion nerf.

Nothing to see here
The one part of this that does bother me is the Consuming Dark nerf. To my knowledge there has never been a legacy item that became un-legacy in a subsequent nerf, so I thought it was safe :(
So do we get a respec this time as all the 100% chaos builds take a major hit as there passives trees are built for 100% chaos.

Also just remove reflect already and balance the game accordingly and then we dont have to have this nerf, legacy, renerf every expac. I mean really who enjoys reflect? Its got to be the least enjoyable part of the game and it really doesn't add any thing. There are many easier ways to slow down clear speeds.
"Blue warrior shot the food"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info