Let's talk about act-5

Cruel optional, pros/racers can jump to merciless
my english sux.
I would love to see a sky zone...long winding bridges and pathways high in the sky between huge trees...pathways of bridges can almost be like tunnels in the sky....would be neat to see
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
And
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Once again
It was in Ascendancy patch log
Metadata/Terrain/Doodads/Act5/SlaveDens
Art/Textures/Doodads/Act5/StoneStaircase
Art/Textures/Environment/Act5/ViennaFountain
Art/Textures/Environment/Act5/SlavePen
Art/Textures/Environment/Act5/Cathedral

Discuss.
Again.

Not sure of what we can conclude about it. Cathedral doesn't seem that Vaalish, it's more Eternal. Slaves can happen in both civilizations, but Vaal seemed more enlightened before they went apeshit.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Act 5 would be at Oriath,because in an old video, CW and his dev,J, told that would something wrong happen. This support by the portal at ACT 3 and the terrace ship mechanism.
But it's would be a let down, if the new act only consist 5 quest.
It really need a new breakthrough new class character, not old polished break down class.
And bit let down on Prophecy, no bow and wand skill (range skill).
Why not make a tentacle or tendrils arrow.
I forgot they NEVER heard our feedback.
and another let down the penalty experience, I really enjoy leveling my char at mountain ledge get about 30-50% experience, but now only 5?
How about being killed on 1 shot attack?
Through really honest,if they want to attract new and old they should make something new, not downgrade and let down.
And if that happen in ACT 5 it would like I said a downgrade and let down.
My hope for Akt5:
The Lab isnt necessary for the Ascendy-Points.

What i think will come:
Lab Number 5 :(
i want an area like Diablo 2's
... act 2, the desert act, near the end of it, the astral plane place with the stone maze floors floating in space

i want to see an area sorta sorta like that, but alot cooler, and with these 3d graphics nowdays, itd be AWESOME!

Arcane Sanctuary
Spoiler

Last edited by CaoMengde on May 30, 2016, 8:10:44 AM
So what are you hoping to see in act-5?

Removal of cruel OR some more attractive way to level after you already completed all acts once.

what do you want from it?

Removal of cruel OR some more attractive way to level after you already completed all acts once.

any speculation or theory?

No removal of cruel.
Hf :)
Not sure if this would fit for Act-5, but I can see the last two acts like this:

·Penultimate act:
Your exile reachs some sort of Docks encampment, where you are encouraged to go back to Oriath. In order to do so, you need to gather some technicians and the materials to build a boat, then the next missions are about gathering a crew (Bestel for captain, anyone?). Once everything is set to sail, your boat crash on some sort of reef, then it turns out it isn't a reef, but a gigantic seamonster (I don't know, a Pacific Rim-like kaiju? Could be the daddy of these jerks), which is the final boss of this act. Beating him without damaging too much the boat is essential to reach the next act.

·Last act:
The exile arrives to Oriath, and tries to reach Theopolis. In order to do so, our main character will need of some stealth and subterfuge, and, I don't know, join some sort of shadowy resistance against the templars? Because, you know, another high templar has arisen since Dominus' fall and is trying to become the next Malachai, or something like that. At some point the exile should visit the REAL grand arena of Theopolis (Not the one in Daresso's dream)- Anyway, you reach the new bad guy, dismantle the theocracy and the templars, beat his ass down to the floor, then he escapes towards the docks and someone says "Go get him boy!", and before you find out you're a stowaway sailing again to Wraeclast because Mr. Totally-not-Dominus wants to go there and become uber; so you beat him again in an even fiercer fight when, guess what, the boss from the previous act turns out to be alive and well, eats half the vessel along the bad guy and most of his crew in a CGI, and you maroon again in the beach of Lioneye's watch... Just, you know, in the next difficulty. Don't know how the hell would that work once you're doing this in merciless.
1. Plot
Well Doryani seems be the last powerful bad guy who is described in lore and potentially still alive.

Edit:

As far I understand - Beast is not dead, because Beast is all these gems from mountain.

I also wait answers about
1) Why Dominius turned in monster after first defeat?
2) Why we should break ancient seal to get in Sarn while Piety did not.

EndEdit

2. Area
The next area could continue deeper in continent (could it be Ezomyre?) or, as already mentioned - by sea through act 3 ship under the force field to Oriath or Ngamakanui. Still there is alternate way to go to next act using some portal like we traveled in Daresso or Kaom's dreams or map.

3. And about content.
I wait equipment sets and 2 game difficulties. Also I am waiting for new attack skills with interesting mechanics. Seriously, I don't need new version of elemental damage attack for marauder or duelist. Give me something like flicker strike. I look forward for more dualwield gems and more interesting gem mechanics combinations. POE is all about gems for me!
Last edited by filtre on Jun 12, 2016, 8:30:20 AM
What ever it is, I expect it to be hilariously overtuned.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info