Let's talk about act-5

"
diablofdb wrote:

So what are you hoping to see in act-5?

Chris Wilson: Here is Act5, the last act before we release POE2
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I hope to see removal of Cruel or Merciless.
Hate having to go through three times to reach endgame content.

Also, snow... Lots of snow.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Snow Zone and the removal of Cruel.

These would be nice :)
Well, Doryani and Malachai both triggered the civilization destroying events of the game by communing with the Beast...

So, either Doryani didn't fuse with the Beast and is up to some shennanigans elsewhere, or was killed by Malachai or in the attempt.

So, I think one of the following will happen:
1) Doryani is up to something somewhere
2) Killing the Beast woke up other primordial creatures/gods/etc
3) Killing the Beast released all the "Corruption" in an uncontrolled fashion, and now we have to find a way to purify the land.

a1 -3 normal
a1-4 cruel
act 1 - 5 merc
"
Sojs wrote:
a1 -3 normal
a1-4 cruel
act 1 - 5 merc

Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I expect that we'll be headed into the Maraketh plains and north/northwest to several of the presumably ruined cities there.

I'm also thinking we'll also get a league (or just a new feature) regarding day/night cycles and weather, because there will at the very least be sand storms in the plains.

Edit:Oh, and the death of the beast will alert its brethren to the existence of Wraeclast, so the plains will be anything but empty (filled with horrifying hellscapes and flesh beasts).
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on May 21, 2016, 12:13:38 AM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Snow Zone and the removal of Cruel.

I agree with 5 Acts its going to be Path of the Latrine if one has to do cruel ontop of normal and merciless just to reach end game on a new char. There comes a time when you just need power leveling this is the reason why Blizzard in the past threatened to stop power leveling in D3 but realized in the end it would be a retarded move on their part. Because fact is hardcore basement dwellers don't know everything.

Snow zone would be cool and removal of cruel, for starters cruel is just too easy and slow.

Also Party Banner, so one can click on a banner of a player to TP directly to them. Do away with useless portal scrolls its retarded and nobody needs it in this day and age. This was created at a time in history when there was nothing the human mind at that time could think off that would be better
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
I hope to see removal of Cruel or Merciless.
Hate having to go through three times to reach endgame content.

Also, snow... Lots of snow.

But would GGG do it does GGG have the vision to do something like this?

In the event that GGG does remove the useless cruel mode. We would have lots of white knights and trolls jumping in and accusing GGG of RMAH. And how would GGG deal with that?
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
If Act 5 was long enough, it could easily bridge the gap that Cruel currently occupies...

However, there are at least two issues raised:

- Skill points from Cruel
- The jump in Res Loss from Normal to Merci without the Cruel Gap is pretty significant.

The second could potentially be solved as one of the actions in your quest lowers your Resistances (I.e Breaking the Seal in Act 2, killing The Beast etc). Would mean the resistance drop from Cruel comes earlier, and the Res drop from Merci comes later... Not sure if that would be a good or bad thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info