Game constantly crashing PC randomly...

"
rodofrn wrote:
Hello, it is very annoying that my game is constantly crashing my computer, it happens at different time point. The PC is new, rocking a 980 Ti, 16gb ddr4 ram. At first I tried to fix it by putting the -swa, --nosound, and all those useless commands. NOTHING WORKED. So, to be more clear, I launch the game, play for a random amount of time, 3mins-1hr+, then the PC crashes. (no BSOD)

Does anybody know what it could be?

If it's constantly happening , this can't be just some random issue that you're having there bruh .
R.I.P 4.B.
Well, right now I have been playing for like 5 hours without a problem.
It seems that's not the PSU issue. Just for testing - I've downclocked my processor(and reduced Vcore) and GPU to extremally low values to reduce power consumption (i5 4670k to 2,5GHz and gtx 760 reducing its max power limit to 50% - the gpu reduced its max clocks automatically), checked the stability with few benchmarks to make sure everything was working fine and runned PoE. It crashed my pc again - even with 600W power supply... Borrowed stronger, 3-month 650W PSU (Corsair CX650M 650W (CP-9020103-EU)) PoE crashed my pc few times too. Even 600W is more than enough for my PC's specs.

It's not an audio issue too - I tested PoE with --nosound and guess what - PoE crashed my pc again.
Post-processing wasn't an issue too - after disabling it the game was crashing whole pc too - I was really lucky not to see a crash for 3 hours after I disabled it.

There are few other topics on this forum of PoE causing insta-shutdown of pc. Nvidia GPU's, solid PSU's and crashes, which happen exclusively in PoE. So that's real issue.

There's no way to adress that issue properly when the system does blackout-like crash (even on BSOD windows is able to create at least a minidump)... There's no kernel dump on my system drive neither even a minidump on C:\Windows\Minidump (my system has pagefile enabled and dumps should be created). Windows event log also contains no information besides that the system wasn't closed correctly. If my pc crashes again, I'll contact with support by e-mailing them and providing full specs, dxdiag and whatewer that could help adressing this issue.
I've been having the same issues since 2.2.2

This thread is the 1st hint I've seen of where the problem lies - seems like it's a Windows 7 issue that only PoE can cause.

For a while I didn't do anything about the problem expecting it would be hotfixed. Then I ran onto a period where I had no time to play. When I started in with support, we went through a long round of "Update your drivers" "check your temperatures" yadda yadda yadda, that's getting nowhere, without the idea that, damnit, PoE ran fine before 2.2.2, the only problem I ever have is with PoE, and that therefore it seems pretty obvious that 2.2.2 changed the way PoE calls for some resource ever penetrating.

If I had a hardware problem it would manifest playing other games or doing other things, but no, my system, when not playing PoE, is stable as Gibraltar.
Well, I cannot understand how a game like this can bring my $2000 pc to its knees lol. Can the support please do something for all the people out there that are having this issue? I sent them an email and they responded with DXDiag bullshit, sent them that, and still no response (4 days ago). I really really really really like the game, I think it is hands down the best game I have played in my life, and it is sad that after all the ideas for all the parts of the game (level, instances, bows, chests, clouds, poison, etc...) the programmers come and make this piece of shit engine with very poorly designed code. Can SUPPORT please fix this?

Sincerely,

A "small?" part of the community.
What I've discovered is that it *is* GPU temperatures causing the problem. What I can't understand is that if I simply log into PoE, and never progress past the login screen, GPU usage goes to 100%, and temperatures climb rapidly. Shut PoE down, and GPU temps fall so fast that the fan is clearly doing it's job.

I'd never felt the need to monitor GPU temperatures before, so I can't say what they looked like before 2.2.2, all I can say for sure is that pre 2.2.2 I ran PoE all day long with no crashes, and post 2.2.2 I'd melt my graphics card if I tried.
"
Truper17 wrote:
What I've discovered is that it *is* GPU temperatures causing the problem. What I can't understand is that if I simply log into PoE, and never progress past the login screen, GPU usage goes to 100%, and temperatures climb rapidly. Shut PoE down, and GPU temps fall so fast that the fan is clearly doing it's job.

I'd never felt the need to monitor GPU temperatures before, so I can't say what they looked like before 2.2.2, all I can say for sure is that pre 2.2.2 I ran PoE all day long with no crashes, and post 2.2.2 I'd melt my graphics card if I tried.

You should set up a Frame Limiter at the refresh rate of your monitor. It will save your hardware and help with crashing and temps.

If you have a 60Hz monitor, set the frame limiter to 60 FPS.

Another option is to ensure Vsync is on, but that can cause some performance issues for some people.
Thanks for the reply, Drakier.

When I googled frame rate limiter, the best option appeared to be nvidiaInspector. I got it, and watched a youtube tutorial on how to use it, but I get no icon next to Driver Version to get into the section of the program that allows changes to be made. I'm guessing that that means Inspector can do nothing with my particular card, which is an EVGA Geforce GT630.

If you have other suggestions on how I might go about limiting the frame rate or anything else I might do to play PoE again, I'd love to hear them.
The Nvidia Inspector should work fine. The video you watched might have been on am outdated version. I don't use that software specifically, so I don't know the exact steps/details on where to configure our unfortunately.
UPDATE: After the patch, I logged in to see if the new changes will make any difference in the PC shutting down. I have to report that NO CHANGE has been experienced. PC still shuts down at random.

I limited the frame rate to 144Hz (my monitor supports up to 144Hz), using the Dxtory application. NO CHANGE, PC still shuts down. I put Vsync [ON] and POST-PROCESSING [ON], PC still shuts down.

Any other idea or suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info