Game has become too easy and boring :(

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
How can a player complain about "game to easy" while playing only in death-zerg difficulty? This must be a joke thread.

Ever thought about the possibility that for some people it is impossible (due to connection) to play HC? Also, some people just don't like the idea behind it, but would like to be challenged in SC as well.

Yeah right. To those people, I say GIT GUD
"
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
How can a player complain about "game to easy" while playing only in death-zerg difficulty? This must be a joke thread.

Ever thought about the possibility that for some people it is impossible (due to connection) to play HC? Also, some people just don't like the idea behind it, but would like to be challenged in SC as well.

Yeah right. To those people, I say GIT GUD

So how do I "git gud" if I die to connection problems about once every 5-10 hours of gameplay? Enlighten me, please.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on May 7, 2016, 9:36:17 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:

So how do I "git gud" if I die to connection problems about once every 5-10 hours of gameplay? Enlighten me, please.

Be honest with yourself. Your character is dying due to poor playing on your part.

And if that's not the case, play SSF limited stash melee HC. Or continue in easy-mode league and quit complaining that "gaeme tu eezy"
Besides not exactly liking the concept of HC, I cannot count the number of times I have crashed to the login screen and lost 10% XP any more. Do I want to lose a HC character that way? No. I've started a HC character recently, with the somewhat realistic goal of killing Normal mode Malachai. Anything beyond is pure luck. Tankiness? Doesn't matter. 10k ES, maximum efficiency Enfeeble and Temp Chains Blasphemy.... still dies to crashes to the login screen. Yes I know I can build more tanky characters, but I can also just not lose my characters to technical problems any more.

I live in South America, internet here is not the same as the one you are used to.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Well, there you go. Seems the game is plenty hard enough after all I guess :)
"

I have tried HC during event which I had to get 50 level. Did it on 3rd char becasue 2 other died in loading screens.

That is why I don't play HC.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 8, 2016, 1:15:29 AM
This is actually exact thing Kripp said in one of his latest Poe streams. It s just so easy and fast to gear up your character for end game then there is nothing much to achieve left. I totally get where he is coming from and I share that perspective. I love hardcore games and loved Poe the way it was. I have faith in the future of this game and I know that it s gonna succeed commercially well(already did), but I see that the secret of that success is making this game easier and easier to attract new casual players. I get that s it s all about money and if not for money this wonderful game wouldn't be around anymore but a part of me screams that this game is just no longer as hardcore as before and to the crazy hardcore fucker like me this game is no longer challenging enough
Last edited by Dr1MaR on May 8, 2016, 2:08:27 AM
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
This is actually exact thing Kripp said in one of his latest Poe streams. It s just so easy and fast to gear up your character for end game then there is nothing much to achieve left. I totally get where he is coming from and I share that perspective. I love hardcore games and loved Poe the way it was. I have faith in the future of this game and I know that it s gonna succeed commercially well(already did), but I see that the secret of that success is making this game easier and easier to attract new casual players. I get that s it s all about money and if not for money this wonderful game wouldn't be around anymore but a part of me screams that this game is just no longer as hardcore as before and to the crazy hardcore fucker like me this game is no longer challenging enough

The only way to be hardcore and feel some difficulty in PoE is to not trade. At all. Never for even just one thing. And no logging out to save your hide.

Doing anything else is NOT hardcore and eliminates any game difficulty.
Stop arguing with the two-month-old guy please! (Casual_Ascent)

As to the original topic. it's interesting and a bit sad how people still continue to claim that having a certain item drop felt 'hardcore'. You played for 10k hours per league and had a certain item drop - good on you. It's still just time though.

The game has made a good step towards being more playable for the masses - it's moving (somewhat) away from trade being the limiting factor. Hence Zana will let us buy maps up to 78s. Chris, and others, seem to realise that if you make trading the way to get ahead, only 1-5% of players will get ahead. And many will quit. Trade and money flows upwards, always. The more you effectively lock away content from most people, the more most people see things like certain players getting to 100 in 7 days or streams with players doing endless red maps and think 'GGG wants us to be gold farming peons for these people'. They're right. No one wants to be a wage slave, least of all on a game that's theoretically about innovation and fun.

OP claims the game is too casual. I say the game is too casual for the OP, but not too casual.

There should never, ever, ever, ever, ever be an end to a game which is made to be enduring and difficult. Level 100 is an end. That's extremely poor design. If every level from 100 onwards gave 50% of the xp rewards of the level before, you'd sure not be seeing many people at level 110 (in fact you're entering into millions of maps territory to make a level soon enough). OP would be fighting in any league to do well, let alone be in the top 20. Because the top 20 doesn't stop at a pre-determined xp point.

Get with diminishing returns GGG. Yes, it'd screw the 7-8 players who PvP. Soz guys. You can always cap yourself at level 100 by choice.
"
Well, I will start by saying I am an older Player. I have been playing since almost 4 years. Back then, It was amazing to gear up your character with all Rare Gear at Level 40, Uniques were the real deal. There was no Labyrinth, There were no Loot Filters. Dropping a Shavronnes or Mjolner gave you a feeling of - "Wow ! I finally have something special in this game". You had to crawl through the game with any Magic (Purple) or Rare (Yellow) Gear and defeating Oak was quite a challenge. (Pre Nerf Oak). Reaching Lv 85 was a great achievement, Considering there were no High Tier maps like now.

But all this has been the opposite lately. Don't get me wrong, I love everything - The Ascendency, How easy it is to get Gear now, Making your own Unique build using Jewels and Ascendency Points, The ridiculously cheap prices. However, I feel it has come to a point where there is little challenge beyond getting to Level 90 and doing Atziri, I levelled my Character in little less than 2 weeks and got bored, I simply had nothing else to do.

Compared to before, Everything is way easier now. I sure hope this isn't the Future of this game because it has started to get boring. I started playing this game with my friend, because it looked extremely challenging, An exile on a Lone Continent in the wilderness, out to survive the odds. Today, It seems more like Dress-your-Barbie-and-get-her-to-Level95-with-Shavronnes to be honest :(

you could try playing hardcore mode. perhaps it will be some more challenge there?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info