Game has become too easy and boring :(

"
Agree, that´s why I left D3 and now taking a break from PoE too, to see if something changes with next expansion. Introducing Ascendancy classes without rebalancing the game and increasing drop rates of ex-"rare" uniqes by 400% were biggest mistakes in my opinion. Now I drop pure exalted and I am more happy than when I get some t1 unique like pledge of hands ... that´s really really sad. I remember that reaction when I dropped my first t1 unique (mjolner) that feeling was AWESOME and now? Hmmm mjolner, maybe it will sell for couple chaos .. :(

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/akamutv/v/47780895?t=1m11s here is the vid of my mjolner drop, you can see i was really really happy, no sound but I guess it´s pretty oblivious from reactions in chat haha

Agreed, 4x T1 Unique drops are meh.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Last edited by Cactus_CZ on May 7, 2016, 4:09:28 AM
reduce aoe
increase penalty for death (sc)
add harder mods for maps
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 7, 2016, 4:07:30 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
reduce aoe
increase penalty for death (sc)
add harder mods for maps

+1 for map mods

Can't speak on standard as I don't play it.

I disagree on AOE, it just got nerf'd. Maybe lower AOE damage (?) but the actual radius has already been hit with a hammer. You also need to specialize your tree to capitalize on AOE, you can't just throw the support on and succeed like you can with many ranged/bow attacks.

Party play needs tweaked too. The rise of the support build has trivialized a lot of end game content.
addding new content is completely useless at the current state of the game

they could add a new act tomorrow and it would become boring 2 weeks later

the game has never been as boring as now

monsters should have their life increased by 30-40%

add new t1 uniques which are one tier above shav and mjolner in rarity

maps are too repetitive, there should be some kind of map crafting customization or different end game

add eternals and remove mirrors to make crafting more interesting
I think GGG should improve very late game features and scale amount of items drop by tier of map/difficulty in that tier not only by iiq/iir of char - nerf it would be fine.
Damn it, half of my guild are mf players. I barely can call for someone who willing to play at t9 - which mean they only play the gorge for yellow maps - or above, even i tell them to stay before and only need run after me for exp.
I cleared the core with 80% boss dam and crit chance with other deadly stuff at lvl 86 and i get nothing - i forgot, i get t1 and t2 maps !!!!!! Meanwhile they just spamming the arena or museum until lvl 92-94 and have tons of stuffs. Especially one guy in my guilde, lvl to 93 by dried lake only !!!!!
Go on and go on
I typed these not because i am jealous or being a hater or some kind of that. But i want my efforts to pay back. GGG , u are supports some ppl to be lazy !!!!
Last edited by T_Speed on May 7, 2016, 9:51:12 AM
 Problem has always been good endgame gear (loot starvation) and some boss damage spikes (ex. Merc Izaro). I have never gotten a Shavs or Windripper or Tabula Rasa or any high end gear drop ever. I've never ever gotten a 6L to drop and 5Ls were always a once in a blue moon drop until Perandus League where I've gotten 6 5Ls so far (finally GGG makes 5Ls a little more plentiful... was way overdue... now how about a 6L every 200 hours played). After 1000s of hours over a 3.5 year period of time and not getting anything great to drop the average arpg player would have thrown in the towel and said "fuck this garbage, I quit!" long ago. If it weren't for the near infinite builds I'd have shelved this game a long time ago too.

GGG is still pretty damn hard for most players and I am not sad that you think it is too easy. I'm actually really liking Perandus League as I now have 2 builds that are for me a blast to play because of Cadiro Perandus purchases. One is a Fire casting Templar Hierophant for which I have puruchased:

the other is a Blast Rain Scion:

All of the build enabling gear was purchased from Cadiro. If I had to pray that any of these items would drop (solo playing) I'd probably grow old and die before that happens.

So GGG has always "missed the arpg bulls eye" forever by not making the higher gear available to the average player and then with the better gear GGG can and should ramp up the difficulty of the whites and blues so that zones and maps are not a "walk in the park". The Rares and better creatures and end zone/map bosses are mostly hard enough (there are a few that are too easy or way too hard).

Anyway, don't let the door hit you on the way out (of PoE).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
The main problem is damage output (due to new gems, asc classes, passives etc) not just AOE.
Game is not balanced well (skills not comparable, some OP bosses x some jokes, ..)
What to do?
1) Damage output and monster´s defense should be in balance (increasing monster´s life/defense; reducing amount of damage passives or rebalancing some gems ..)

2) Some OP skills should be adjusted (CoC, chaos, ...)

3) Fighting rares and especially end game bosses should last longer and be more challenging but Iam not fun of being 1 shotted by rng factor.
So instead of ability to 1 shot you they should get interesting abilities, more life, life regen or even more interaction with environment (physics would be great).
TP should get casting delay and be temporary (a few sec) and movement skills like WB shouldn´t trivialise content.

4) Game should be slowed down a bit (movement - especially WB, projectiles etc).
Teleport had dominated in diablo2 and we got whirling blades now ... :(
Its quite hard to balance it properly with unlimited cast/atack/movement speed. Diablo2 had great solution with speed breaks but here I don´t know. Maybe reduce amount of speed passives in passive tree or smth like that.

5) Fighting bosses should be more challenging but also more rewarding (in exp, items etc)
More risk should be really rewarded!
Last edited by Rakiii on May 7, 2016, 10:50:12 AM
I find it extremely hard to sympathize with threads like this.

the uber-tading, meta-build-copying, race-to-100-in-a-party-of-likewise-cheesers crowd may find PoE "too easy".

I do not. it still kicks my ass, and still frustrates me to no end by slapping me in the face with more RNG than I could possibly handle - then doubling it - each time I need something or aim for something.

that's after 3.5 years. thousands of in-game hours,
now imagine how it is for someone new who's learning the ropes. brutal.

P.S: that increased drop rate was a good call. it's not the risk/reward I wanted (and still do) but at least its 1/4 the RNG and more availability.
"meh mah Shavs not sell for billion Exalts nau"? could not care less. fuck the flea market.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 7, 2016, 11:07:03 AM
"
the uber-tading, meta-build-copying, race-to-100-in-a-party-of-likewise-cheesers crowd may find PoE "too easy".

I dont know what is uber-tading. IF you talk about trading:
- im using items worth up to 6c each and I can do t11/12 maps without trouble

meta-build-copying,
- im using Ball lightning non crit non chaos, very far from meta and I can do t11/12 maps without trouble

race-to-100-in-a-party-of-likewise-cheesers crowd
- playing solo And i dont have problem with rushing to map in couple ofhours and farm maps up to 5 lvles higher than my char lvl

also i find it funne that you say "race-to-100-in-a-party-of-likewise-cheesers crow" as attack to streamers when ther e is very sml amount of popular streamers and 99% of ladder dont have support of many players

"
race-to-100-in-a-party-of-likewise-cheesers crow

Writing something like this only show how deluded you are

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 7, 2016, 11:22:20 AM
the powergap between builds and ways of playing is simply to big to be able to tell if the game is easy or not. monster aoe or ranged dmg can make the game look easy, same content but using single target melee skills will look like hell.

trading or playing MF builds is another thing that can make the game easier, normaly i create an MF char at the start of each league to farm currency/items but one league i decided not to do so and guess what happened? i had to abandon a char in act3 cruel becouse he was geting beated by freaking white mobs, not becouse the build itself was bad but becouse the items i had where beyond bad with little to no currency to buy any upgrade.

botton line of all this, dificulty cant be balance when we have such a wide spectrum of builds and ways of playing.

best thing GGG can do is shorten that gap and then balance, for instance:

item drop: how do you balance item drop when the gap between running with cero MF and 250iir/40 iiq is huge? aswers is you cant, if the base are chars with some degree of MF then those who dont have MF will get royaly screwed, i you balance for the ones with litlle to no MF then MF builds will be swimming in items/currency

the only way to balance that is removing MF alltogether from items (leaving MF only for map mods) and then balance the game drops acordingly to GGG vision so drops are equaly for all type of builds

skills and items, specialy uniques need a major balance patch
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info