Game has become too easy and boring :(

"
Rakiii wrote:
The main problem is damage output (due to new gems, asc classes, passives etc) not just AOE.
Game is not balanced well (skills not comparable, some OP bosses x some jokes, ..)
What to do?...

If you recall (those that played original D3 before patch 1.06 (between May 15th 2012 and the August 1.06 patch) the most successful build was the Leapslam Whirlwind Barbarian, nothing else compared to it. So all arpg devs have to struggle with game balance. GGG has a much harder time with balance because this is an understandable but undesirable consequence of the huge build diversity we get in PoE. The wide open sandbox of this arpg in the way we can link skills, supports, passives, and then combine it with millions of possible gear combinations makes for repeat fun (we can play forever again with another build of an entirely different design) but I'm sure causes major headaches for the devs in trying to balance this out. It just can't be done. So GGG relies on all feedback from us to make nerfs and buffs and it is the player community's responsibility to be fair and honest in our posts as best we can in order to provide the vital information to GGG on what to nerf and buff.

The problem with boss battles that GGG so far has mostly failed to figure out is in making the boss a good challenge without setting the single crit damage of that boss so high as to be a one-shot SOB. Since the range of builds go from crappy to uber powerful and from glass cannons to super tanky trying to set the boss to be a good/hard challenge is difficult. Most of us agree that just increasing the life on a boss only extends the time required to kill him/her/it and does not lead to a more fun boss. But one-shot of death bosses for all but super tank builds is bad too. This part of PoE could use a major overhaul and GGG should be gathering stats on what the Life + ES and the armor + evasion (defences) every exile attacker has going into that boss battle so that over time with enough statistics they (GGG) should be able to tweak the boss to be a better match for most builds. The "just right" boss battle is difficult to achieve but shouldn't be impossible.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I suppose the game is too easy if you can play it several hours each day, and buy gear instead of trying to use only the loot you drop.
I've been playing since closed beta, almost only on self-drop, and Malachai just killed me dozens of times.
So yeah, once again, most players who comment on the forums are the "elite" minority. So I'm just gonna add my voice to tell you that no, there are players who don't find the game too easy, and who still struggle to get good loot.
i cannot see your gear/characters but i bet that simple change will make you faceroll Mala without issues: change your flasks. roll them well, roll them so they give you the biggest benefit and use them wisely

when i see a character with 3 life flasks, quicksilver and a mana potion i know that this character most probably dies easily.

this is what is the most important advice for new players - flasks ARE important. with good flasks you can cruise safely trough the game even with garbage-level gear. clear speed wont be great but dying with a well-setup flasks is really difficult
"
sidtherat wrote:
this is what is the most important advice for new players - flasks ARE important. with good flasks you can cruise safely trough the game even with garbage-level gear. clear speed wont be great but dying with a well-setup flasks is really difficult

I'm witness to that. Stibnite flask, Basalt flask and Quartz flask have made me powerful as a melee evasion player (well, sort of, I use lightning strike).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Vhlad wrote:

Well 99% of the time the game is a boring grind fest but inevitably you die because you stop paying attention or fall sleep or there's a big RNG swing and something instantly kills you or you DC in the lab over a Roomba or a boss corpse gets detonated, etc. IMO that's fake difficulty. It doesn't really make the game challenging. PoE is in a state where it can be both rippy (due to massive spike damage as a result of so much RNG and scaling variance in combat) and easy/trivial to play.

Well... this is yours notice, I never die becouse of stop atention, fall sleep, big RNG, any DC, detonatd corpse, etc, this is yours notice, all that complains are from kids playng on standard thoughtlessly beating mobs, and watch at them are they bored ?! :)
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 7, 2016, 5:45:52 PM
How I look at it and what I'd like to see:

More end-game content in order to ramp up the difficulty due to the recent ascendancy and perandus league buffing players.
-Add another 10 tiers of maps, which are extremely difficulty, which have unique bosses with scripted fights. These maps should also have unique drops and extra mods on them.
-Slowely add more unique items.
-Don't tinker too much with the talent tree. It's at a good place, the only thing that excludes a lot of builds is the lack of life on the right side of the tree, but this is also great, because it adds another challenge to these characters.
-Nerf chaos damage. Poisen miner is way too strong, as you can clear Aziri with no expensive gear.
-The ability to craft specialized maps with Zana after level 10 or something like that would be really cool. Maybe combining two sets of three maps and having some of the mods added while adding 50% of the quality and quantity.
-Nerf ranger classes because these are one shot or get one-shotted, and if you're not aware one-shot yourself. So you should make something a threat to the rangers and nerf reflect.

Note here that these are only my opinion, and I've tried to add some ideas, because if everyone does this, atleast 1 good idea is bound to emerge. Also I haven't played PoE as much as other people, so my take on the game might not be accurate, nevertheless I've given my to cents, as I really love this game.
"
koszmarnica wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

Well 99% of the time the game is a boring grind fest but inevitably you die because you stop paying attention or fall sleep or there's a big RNG swing and something instantly kills you or you DC in the lab over a Roomba or a boss corpse gets detonated, etc. IMO that's fake difficulty. It doesn't really make the game challenging. PoE is in a state where it can be both rippy (due to massive spike damage as a result of so much RNG and scaling variance in combat) and easy/trivial to play.

Well... this is yours notice, I never die becouse of stop atention, fall sleep, big RNG, any DC, detonatd corpse, etc, this is yours notice, all that complains are from kids playng on standard thoughtlessly beating mobs, and watch at them are they bored ?! :)

If you never die to those things then you either one or more of:
(a) simply don't play enough endgame content
(b) skip certain map mods/bosses
(c) auto pot, or alt f4
(d) play a build that is so tanky content is completely trivialized even if you are sleeping, and there are builds like that. It's just extra boring.

For most builds, the game has too much full health, full health, full health, full health, dead. That's not challenge. It's over reliance on RNG. There's a reason the hardcore perm league is basically a dead league, with no economy and under 10 people running the lab a day.

Combat should have more close calls, more endurance battles, and more demanding twitch gameplay. GGG doesn't even do twitch gameplay correctly. Instead they go full retard and blanket small rooms in aoe or have buggy mechanics like no delay insta rip stormcall (atziri with temp chains). We can brute force through this stuff by capping resist but that's not challenge.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:

If you never die to those things then you either one or more of:
(a) simply don't play enough endgame content
(b) skip certain map mods/bosses
(c) auto pot, or alt f4
(d) play a build that is so tanky content is completely trivialized even if you are sleeping, and there are builds like that. It's just extra boring.

what ? Hahaha, I dont skip boses becouse in HC if you want to survive you cant do that, what if in the future you meet that boss or grup bosses, what is autopot ? :), rest without comment. One I can say I have not a few of years and saw many games but this game is the best I ever saw and play, made so smart and intelligent like never ever made any game, embellished with fantastic detailed nice graphic, sounds and great history. Just move to HC.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Last edited by koszmarnica on May 7, 2016, 6:41:32 PM
How can a player complain about "game to easy" while playing only in death-zerg difficulty? This must be a joke thread.
"
How can a player complain about "game to easy" while playing only in death-zerg difficulty? This must be a joke thread.

Ever thought about the possibility that for some people it is impossible (due to connection) to play HC? Also, some people just don't like the idea behind it, but would like to be challenged in SC as well.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info