Game has become too easy and boring :(

"
Well, I will start by saying I am an older Player. I have been playing since almost 4 years. Back then, It was amazing to gear up your character with all Rare Gear at Level 40, Uniques were the real deal. There was no Labyrinth, There were no Loot Filters. Dropping a Shavronnes or Mjolner gave you a feeling of - "Wow ! I finally have something special in this game". You had to crawl through the game with any Magic (Purple) or Rare (Yellow) Gear and defeating Oak was quite a challenge. (Pre Nerf Oak). Reaching Lv 85 was a great achievement, Considering there were no High Tier maps like now.

But all this has been the opposite lately. Don't get me wrong, I love everything - The Ascendency, How easy it is to get Gear now, Making your own Unique build using Jewels and Ascendency Points, The ridiculously cheap prices. However, I feel it has come to a point where there is little challenge beyond getting to Level 90 and doing Atziri, I levelled my Character in little less than 2 weeks and got bored, I simply had nothing else to do.

Compared to before, Everything is way easier now. I sure hope this isn't the Future of this game because it has started to get boring. I started playing this game with my friend, because it looked extremely challenging, An exile on a Lone Continent in the wilderness, out to survive the odds. Today, It seems more like Dress-your-Barbie-and-get-her-to-Level95-with-Shavronnes to be honest :(

Well... every one sees in a different way. I never played it so much as in this league, it opened so many possibilities that the league will go off and i won't be able to apply all because time exists. I don't know if you played the league or started at the first day of it, it isn't that easy to gear up when league starts, unless you are pretty lucky(not my case), i took a long time to start dropping good items, even though i leveled up fast my first char, maybe your luck makes it seems easy(even though at this point in the league it is supposed to be easy, you already farmed the items to make it like that).
Even the Izaro mechanics, we didn't know how was it(unless you play hardcore and watch streams), so it was pretty hard to me(and laggy in the beginning...), a real challenge, as i said, point of view, it's not easy, but you can make it.
Sometimes...
"
kamil1210 wrote:
reduce aoe
increase penalty for death (sc)
add harder mods for maps

Wouldn't make it harder, but annoying to those which die on SC a lot, which are new players(older players probably almost don't die to bother). Harder mods we already have, you just have to roll it(-max res, vulnerability, extra damage, life, double elemental extra dmg? i do that for the challenge[and because sc player ofc], seems a challenge when everything can one shot you).
The reduce aoe is kinda weird, you can just don't pick the increase aoe? Or you want it harder for others?
Sounds more like asking to rip and frustrate more new players, not making it harder at all. You can make it harder, we have even double core now(add extra proj and tell me it is gg easy with video)
Sometimes...
There is a problem with rapid map clears: 1 shotting screens and clearing at near the speed of constant whirling blades, it makes the content seem trivial. But monster damage is actually quite high.

The imbalance is the relation between player damage/range/mobility and monster hp/range/mobility/AI. In many cases the monster activation/response time is just too long, which is also why we have 2 min lab runs where we just ignore all of the monsters.

But a big problem is, while we're clearing maps so quickly, it shows just how unrewarding the game is. The drop quality is terrible: extreme affix dilution, too many affix tiers and ranges, low level bases dropping in high level areas, low level affixes spawning on high ilvl items, affixes that were added for dilution to counter eternal orbs that are still here after removing eternal orbs, so many unique items without any kind of targeted drop tables... If some of the people in this thread had their way it would take 10x longer to clear a map and the reward would be the same in 20 minutes that you currently get in 2 minutes.

The poor loot quality contributes to the difficulty imbalance. The game seems balanced to challenge players in new leagues, in typical gear. It's really poor at challenging players in top uniques and/or top T1 rares (especially weapons and ES gear). Do we need mirror gear to be so astronomically superior to typical gear? Or absurdly powerful uniques like skyforth or headhunter? Items need to be balanced irrespective of rarity - being expensive or hard to find should not be an excuse for allowing something to be opieopie. If loot quality was improved they could raise the bar on the typical gear difficulty balance, and it would be better at challenging players in top gear.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Why dont You go to Hardcore if is easy ? :)
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
play melee and suddenly the game is no longer easy

what makes game easy and i mean dumb-easy is a short list of:

- instant leech allowing to forego ALL defences for high damage output + leech (Ascendant unconditional Leech was THE DUMBEST balancing move in the entire poe's history)
- offscreening removing pretty much all risks posed by mobs
- very little content like lab (no chicken out, no instant TP to safety) that actually forces people to know what they are doing/have a proper build (Even if glass)
- general absurd levels of AOE DPS. it makes T1 maps as easy as T10 maps because no matter what - nothing hits you back. this is due to several new MORE multipliers added to the game that turned linear DPS scaling into exponential with high base. previously there were at most 2 more multipliers in a 6 link. right now one can have 4. each one is far more powerful than the previous one.

after trying several build types this patch i think that the proper game difficulty is achieved by a well geared 2h RT melee. everything else - and we know that pretty much anything is better than that - is an easy mode.
^ even 2H RT melee gets super easy when you ramp up gear, especially since it's weapon dependent and being "closer" range isn't noticeable if your tri resist gear also has top AR/EV/ES prefixes. These builds are actually much more defensive in great gear because the crit gear is comparatively wimpy and with RT you can play a little more sloppy because you have no fear of reflect.

Most mirror weapons are crit based but there are some great RT ones crafted by the pvp community, like Ahfack's hate splitter (714 pdps, 1.53 APS, +2 range, bleeding on hit). A cheaper alternative is atziri's disfavor. While clear speed won't be as efficient as WB + spark or KB wander, LA, etc., the game is still quite easy. It's only "grueling" as melee when you do it in average gear.

Many melee skills clear 1 screen+ now (i.e. they're "melee" because the skill tag says melee, but in practice it's still ranged aoe). So IMO the power creep we see includes melee, non-crit builds.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
koszmarnica wrote:
Why dont You go to Hardcore if is easy ? :)

Well 99% of the time the game is a boring grind fest but inevitably you die because you stop paying attention or fall sleep or there's a big RNG swing and something instantly kills you or you DC in the lab over a Roomba or a boss corpse gets detonated, etc. IMO that's fake difficulty. It doesn't really make the game challenging. PoE is in a state where it can be both rippy (due to massive spike damage as a result of so much RNG and scaling variance in combat) and easy/trivial to play.
all T13+ meta is designed to be ez with tanky + low dps chars like RT cycloners. RT cycloners started killing core malachai first while crit builds are trying to figure out what to do. you dont have to play as melee with good gear as vhlad stated before me.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 7, 2016, 4:17:32 PM
"
Wouldn't make it harder, but annoying to those which die on SC a lot, which are new players(older players probably almost don't die to bother).

yea, making game harder mean making it more annoying.

You have to dodge stuff? annoying
You die and lose 15% of exp? annoying
You cant just spam one skill? annoying
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on May 7, 2016, 4:26:56 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
all T13+ meta is designed to be ez with tanky + low dps chars like RT cycloners. RT cycloners started killing core malachai first while crit builds are trying to figure out what to do. you dont have to play as melee with good gear as vhlad stated before me.

Well it can be easy in the slow and steady sense but to be easy + efficient/speedy it's really noticeable in great gear. Maybe someone can do it in budget gear but that's more of a personal/specific example whereas in great gear even melee RT is easy for the average no skill player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info