Lab: traps are fascist

"
Frattagli4 wrote:
Ok, so what's really the problem? There are a lot of builds tailored towards different kind of challenges. Some builds can easily do atziri, but be slow when it comes to clearspeed or soffer from more map mods, others can have the opposite issue.

So some builds can farm enchantments easily, others are a little bit more troublesome.

If this is the situation the title should be "poe is fascist" and not "traps are fascist".

It's not about lab farming. If I wanted to farm I'd make a lab specific character that probably sucks at mapping. The problem is quite thoroughly described in the OP and subsequent posts. I don't think I can be any more perspicuous.
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Please look up "racist" in some dictionary, that might help. I guess you have bigger problems than the lab.

Really ? Are we going to discuss what racism is ? I guess I should have written fascist for a more appropriate metaphor, but does anyone have anything constructive to say as well ?

It's staring you right in the face...

They're called character classes, why not just go with "classist"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_discrimination

I mean, all these analogies are in slightly poor taste but if you must the words are right there.

Also, you don't know what fascism is but that's OK, I don't either. Nobody does and did, even the people that invented fascism. It really is that nonsensical of an ethos.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 3, 2016, 6:15:25 PM
On topic:

vaal discipline

"
Spoiler

I mean, all these analogies are in slightly poor taste but if you must the words are right there.

Also, you don't know what fascism is but that's OK, I don't either. Nobody does and did, even the people that invented fascism. It really is that nonsensical of an ethos.

Oh man ...
Perhaps you should look up what metaphor means, and fascism for that matter: "What constitutes a definition of fascism and fascist governments is a highly disputed subject". To me it means the discrimination and/or rejection of anything that does not fit a certain ideology or principle. If I treat certain people differently than others based on their preferences, appearance, (dis)abilities, etc then I'd consider myself a fascist. If I thread ES builds differently than Life builds I'm a fascist trap. I choose the word racist initially because it could be argued that the standard-marauder with life/armour is of different ancestry than the witch that primarily utilizes ES.

However, If you really want a discussion about terminology and semantics, I'd suggest creating your own thread.
"
Regulator wrote:
I kinda agree on the basic notion. Traps are actually designed with good intentions but are extremely bad implemented. Ive already used that argument here but ill analyze a bit here too.

What i find extremely problematic is the fact that traps NEGATE our character choices in an ARPG game. For every reasonable person that alone should have been enough for a riot, but due to the hype drug people are still sleeping here as it seems.

Well, I posted in that thread and you (omg lolsurprise) didn't reply:

"
All I can think is, wow, most of you have not experimented with any glass cannon techniques (or I should say POE's version of glass cannon which isn't really very glass at all if you want to be viable, and not as pure after ondar's guile and acrobatics were changed) if something taking a huge % of your life/ES is weird. Like, yeah, the traps do, so does the monkey with the rock, and that exploding box, and some monsters staring at you in an angry fashion.

I do have empathy though, with how much tankiness is catered to in this game, to have the rug pulled out from under you.

THE LIFEPOOL AND ARMOR THEY DO NOTHING!

Isn't that what this comes down to, that the lab makes you realize how ridiculously broken defense is in this game?

"
On topic:

vaal discipline

"
dyneol wrote:

"
goetzjam wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coruscating_Elixir

Vaal discipline is another form of recovery, not directly available to life based builds.

Yep, was to be expected. Not going to point out the glaringly obvious flaws in the analogy Pots vs VD/elixir.
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Spoiler

Oh man ...
Perhaps you should look up what metaphor means, and fascism for that matter: "What constitutes a definition of fascism and fascist governments is a highly disputed subject". To me it means the discrimination and/or rejection of anything that does not fit a certain ideology or principle. If I treat certain people differently than others based on their preferences, appearance, (dis)abilities, etc then I'd consider myself a fascist. If I thread ES builds differently than Life builds I'm a fascist trap. I choose the word racist initially because it could be argued that the standard-marauder with life/armour is of different ancestry than the witch that primarily utilizes ES.

However, If you really want a discussion about terminology and semantics, I'd suggest creating your own thread.

Come on guy don't be mad because you overlooked "classist".

JFC why do people on this forum freak out over every little thing, every time even the tiniest facet of their worldview is even slightly nudged?

^^^That's a serious question, but ya, probably for a separate thread.

Honestly though, you say I should look up what fascism means and directly follow it with a quote of exactly what I was saying...

This forum is an illusion, exile.

p.s. I'll give you 5 chaos in game if you can tell me more about looking up the definition of metaphor, like, what does that even mean in this context?

"
dyneol wrote:
"
On topic:

vaal discipline

"
dyneol wrote:

"
goetzjam wrote:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Coruscating_Elixir

Vaal discipline is another form of recovery, not directly available to life based builds.

Yep, was to be expected. Not going to point out the glaringly obvious flaws in the analogy Pots vs VD/elixir.

Why would you make this thread if not to point out the flaws? I use VD and it almost seems like cheating at times.

"
Spoiler
"
dyneol wrote:
"
Spoiler

Oh man ...

Come on guy don't be mad because you overlooked "classist".

JFC why do people on this forum freak out over every little thing, every time even the tiniest facet of their worldview is even slightly nudged?

^^^That's a serious question, but ya, probably for a separate thread.

Honestly though, you say I should look up what fascism means and directly follow it with a quote of exactly what I was saying...

This forum is an illusion, exile.

p.s. I'll give you 5 chaos in game if you can tell me more about looking up the definition of metaphor, like, what does that even mean in this context?

Nice try, but I'm done here. Let's just wait and see what GGG has in store for us regarding ES vs Traps. This has derailed enough. If I feel like GGG's solution doesn't address the problem, I'll create another (more politically correct) thread.
"
dyneol wrote:

Nice try, but I'm done here.

Sorry, I tend to one-shot people in arguments sometimes (and I wasn't even trying to argue).

"
Let's just wait and see what GGG has in store for us regarding ES vs Traps. This has derailed enough. If I feel like GGG's solution doesn't address the problem, I'll create another (more politically correct) thread.

The next post after that gets back on track. What's the problem I'm missing with vaal discipline?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info