Lab: traps are fascist

Many players from softcore dont understand how stressful is running lab in hardcore.For example,i was doing merc lab speed runs(you can imagine how bored i was) in PHC on charcater which was pretty much optimized for lab(800 life regen,over 150% mov speed etc).Everything was going fine(done like 10 runs) until i didnt lag on trap,i was left on 500 hp from 7,5 k.That was my closest call until lv 99 in PHC.In sofcore lab is joke like everything else,when you are fresh level,you dont give a damn about traps or dying or anything.
Last edited by And1111 on May 3, 2016, 9:34:50 PM
Did it as a low life (99% life reserved, and 50% of my max eHP is HP), a life character without potions (1% hp regen and leech - so poor regen on trap areas). Was it easy? No. Was it doable? Yup. Not saying that it shouldn't be fixed (because it makes no sense to be harder for low life characters), tho.

^ Plays HC. Complains about risk and stress (??????).

Isn't it why you play HC in the first place?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Another thing regarding defenses in general...

For most the game the good defenses are:
1. Killing things before they can even make a genuine attempt at killing you
2. Manually dodging incoming threats
3. Actual static defense mechanics

With traps, it's just 2+3, no 1 anymore.

So naturally, you're going to get a fair number of people discovering quirks and imbalances within the actual defense mechanics FOR THE FIRST TIME as a result of Traps being introduced. They never needed to notice before, because before they could kill it before it mattered.

A lot of trap v defense gripes aren't actually new problems directrix to Traps. The defenses have had issues for a long time. The only thing which has changed a lot recently is how much people care.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Perq wrote:
Did it as a low life (99% life reserved, and 50% of my max eHP is HP), a life character without potions (1% hp regen and leech - so poor regen on trap areas). Was it easy? No. Was it doable? Yup. Not saying that it shouldn't be fixed (because it makes no sense to be harder for low life characters), tho.

I agree with you.

the problem is only bad reaction time. Running with a sawblade for a mere 1,5 sec gets you to low life very quickly.
"
Perq wrote:

LOL.I dont play HC to lose lv 99 char with perfect gear on fucking trap in lv 68 zone beacuse i lagged there,never wanted such stress when i started played HC years ago(and never thought i would experience such stres).HC is about risk vs reward.In HC,risk in lab is way too high to justify reward beside AC points,for example if you're farming for enchanment.
Last edited by And1111 on May 4, 2016, 7:23:41 AM
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

LOL.I dont play HC to lose lv 99 char with perfect gear on fucking trap in lv 68 zone beacuse i lagged there.HC is about risk vs reward.In HC,risk in lab is way too high to justify reward beside AC points,for example if you're farming for enchanment.

So you can join softcore or avoid lab. Sorry, but i really don't understand the logic of choosing hc and then complain for risk.

I understand people that don't like stuff, but when the problem is "cause i play hc" i get facepalm mode on.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

LOL.I dont play HC to lose lv 99 char with perfect gear on fucking trap in lv 68 zone beacuse i lagged there.HC is about risk vs reward.In HC,risk in lab is way too high to justify reward beside AC points,for example if you're farming for enchanment.

So you can join softcore or avoid lab. Sorry, but i really don't understand the logic of choosing hc and then complain for risk.

I understand people that don't like stuff, but when the problem is "cause i play hc" i get facepalm mode on.

LMAO.To join sc to avoid lab?I do lab for ac points in 7-8 minutes,i was saying that farming lab for enchanments is way stressful in HC coz you can lose your char in few seconds no matter how good your gear or char is,simply,risk is too high reward too small.Join sofctore to avoid lab jesus lol.And for your information,ppl who play HC,top players, complained about many overtuned things in previos leagues(remember prenerf invasion?i guess you dont),by your logic,if you play hc and complain about overtuned things,you dont belong in HC at first place?
Last edited by And1111 on May 4, 2016, 7:16:32 AM
You missed an 'or'. That tells me it's useless to lose time in this discussion =_='
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
You missed an 'or'. That tells me it's useless to lose time in this discussion =_='

Ok.Do 200 runs in merc lab in HC for helm enchant,get nothing and tell me how you feel after that experience and how many close calls you had.
Last edited by And1111 on May 4, 2016, 7:22:31 AM
"
dyneol wrote:
This topic is only about equalizing trap danger as it would seem this was GGG's initial goal when going with percentage damage. If you have a better Idea as to how one could archive that, I'd really like to hear it as well :)

pls, cry a bit about bm, reflect, tc and noreg maps.
also a bit of salt about the fact that not every build can do atziri on hc is welcome.
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info