Gem availability sucks for self found

"
hurka dur blur blur dur

Wow, amazing contribution. I'd say you're really stepping up your game in this thread, but you already dropped so many hot, steaming nuggets of wisdom already!

I don't know how you manage to find so many ways to eloquently say "ur mad." You are quite the wordsmith.
"
lugaluga wrote:
You probably have no idea how hard it was before the vendor starts to sell skill gems then, there was almost no way to get enough support gems to play any build with self found, at least now you got lots of alternatives.

QFT. Honestly, I have more of a problem with some gem colors/stat req than their availability...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
but you're clearly mad

Define "mad" for me. And "clearly." I'd love to know what words mean in your world.

I've spent most of my time in this thread laughing at the utterly ridiculous nonsense people like you are posting. I actively enjoy posting in threads like these. Completely eviscerating moronic arguments and demonstrating ridiculously flawed thinking in others so that they can hopefully suck a bit less in the future is a good time for me.

What exactly have I said in this thread that made you believe I'm mad? I'm obviously not expecting a sound, rational reason from you, but I'd still like to see an example of how Mr. "ur mad bro" thinks.
Last edited by Jennik on May 2, 2016, 4:04:13 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
I didn't "make fun of people for being confused." I explained that I had covered his specific objection multiple times already in this thread. Do you not understand that these are two fundamentally different things? And remember all those times I harped on people's poor reading comprehension skills? No? Okay, never mind, then.
You called that person stupid. I'll reprint your words: "One incredibly common version of self found play, and the one a person as clever as you should have realized I play, is character based self found. Jenny the Witch only uses items Jenny the Witch finds. If I shared gems, my Shadow wouldn't have been using Flameblast in maps instead of a level 1 Burning Arrow quest reward, fucking obviously. Jesus fucking Christ people, I'm sure you have two brain cells to rub together. FUCKING RUB THOSE BITCHES. Maybe the friction will make them start functioning." I italicized all the parts that are purely insulting. Half of that quote is making fun of the person who misunderstood something you didn't clarify.

Not to mention, half your posts don't have anything to do with gem availability. Posts like:
"Do you think I'm angry because I'm saying "fuck?" [...] It's cool if you think I'm angry, though. I don't mind."
Or,
"Folks, let's try to bring our A games to this thread, okay? [...] That'd be great."
Why did you think those posts would contribute to the discussion? Instead, they caused players to criticize you, distracting from your argument.

Moving on.
"
Please note that I said good arguments. Giving bad arguments simply because you feel the need to say something isn't the same thing.

Nicely organized gem tabs with a search feature in merciless would, if anything, be much easier to use than what we currently have. "Click green tab, C-O-L, got it."
Like I said, half of that post isn't a rebuttal at all, it's you saying my argument is bad because it's bad. For the other half: What I said wasn't that I would be against those things existing, what I said was that I don't think spending dev resources on it would be worthwhile.

"
I don't think your personal enjoyment of trading for gems you need is representative of any significant number of players, or even a number of players significantly larger than one (or zero, as I'm feeling less generous about believing you by the end of this paragraph).
Again, you're adding rhetorical flourishes that make me less inclined to be generous toward your arguments. To your point that my perspective is not common, I could say the same to you -- certainly plenty of people in this thread have indicated that they don't agree with you that gems are a problem.

"
I'm pretty sure it would still feel pretty damn good when you skipped multiple difficulties while getting gems. You know what feels absolutely fucking terrible, though? Not getting gems you need by level 85. That feels like your AIDS just got fucking cancer. I don't think the joy experienced by people playing character based solo self found (which I assume he was in your example, which is why I'm using similar comparisons) when they find a gem they need comes remotely close to outweighing how shitty it is when the same person never gets that gem.
Yeah, there's a community-driven SSF race going on, there's a ladder website for it and everything if you want to check it out, LiftingNerdBro has a video explaining it and its rules if you look at his Youtube. I don't understand what you mean by skipping multiple difficulties, though, can you rephrase it or something? Lastly, I can't think of too many active skill gems that you can't get if you want them. For supports, most of them are not mandatory. Inc duration isn't mandatory, faster casting isn't mandatory, cwdt is available to all characters as is GMP. I can't think of any gems off the top of my head that are truly required, and aren't available. Temp Chains is about the only one I've ever run into.

edit:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
QFT. Honestly, I have more of a problem with some gem colors/stat req than their availability...
Holy shit this so much. WHY is enfeeble blue-only?? It affects accuracy! It should be blue-green! Why can't Inc AoE be blue/red??
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Last edited by ThatsSoGoodman on May 2, 2016, 4:34:38 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
"
but you're clearly mad

Define "mad" for me. And "clearly." I'd love to know what words mean in your world.

I've spent most of my time in this thread laughing at the utterly ridiculous nonsense people like you are posting. I actively enjoy posting in threads like these. Completely eviscerating moronic arguments and demonstrating ridiculously flawed thinking in others so that they can hopefully suck a bit less in the future is a good time for me.

What exactly have I said in this thread that made you believe I'm mad? I'm obviously not expecting a sound, rational reason from you, but I'd still like to see an example of how Mr. "ur mad bro" thinks.

but i'm right

you disagree with me -> you're wrong

-> you're posting 'utterly ridiculous nonsense' :/

plz stop making yourself look like a clown

chill bro

don't be so mad

think of rainbows and unicorns and whatnot

or drink some tea to calm down
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
You called that person stupid [blatant lie] etc. etc. etc.

Problem the first: you quoted me responding to one person and commented "at least don't make fun of people for being confused," which, according to this latest post, was evidently about my comments to someone else entirely. If you're looking at actions likely to cause confusion, what you've done here takes the fucking cake.

Problem the second: that individual wasn't confused between topics of general gem availability and topics of self found play, as one would assume from reading what you wrote. He was confused about self found details within a discussion wholly related to playing self found. What the fuck does this have to do with the distinction between self found discussions and general gem availability I was referring to in a completely fucking different post? Jack shit, that's what. The literal fucking nothing.

You are hopelessly tangled in this conversation. Your immense confusion is causing you to jumble multiple arguments together in utterly nonsensical ways. Is this in an attempt to somehow "win" this discussion? Do you somehow believe that what you're spouting isn't the most inane of gibberish? I neither know nor care. I won't bother responding to any other comments that sound like they came from a conspiracy theorist's blog, though.

I've never seen the grassy knoll, I'm confident we landed on the moon, the holocaust is legit (and major uncool), and most Australians don't have tails. I think I covered the conspiracy basics, so please, let's move on.

"
Not to mention, half your posts don't have anything to do with gem availability. Posts like:
"Do you think I'm angry because I'm saying "fuck?" [...] It's cool if you think I'm angry, though. I don't mind."
Or,
"Folks, let's try to bring our A games to this thread, okay? [...] That'd be great."
Why did you think those posts would contribute to the discussion? Instead, they caused players to criticize you, distracting from your argument.

I am directly responding to posts from other people in those posts. Do you think it's bad for me to respond to those people? Was it bad for them to write anything in the first place? Please let me know exactly what kinds of comments you believe should be allowable in a conversation. I'll give not one single fuck about it, nor will it change my actions in the slightest, but maybe saying it will make you feel better.

"
Like I said, half of that post isn't a rebuttal at all, it's you saying my argument is bad because it's bad.

What the fuck are you even talking about? I said your argument was terrible, then I gave an example demonstrating that your argument was terrible. Am I not allowed to say your argument's shit regardless of what else I say?

Please tell me you're saying something with the tiniest shred of merit soon.

"
To your point that my perspective is not common, I could say the same to you -- certainly plenty of people in this thread have indicated that they don't agree with you that gems are a problem.

Yes, yes. We've already established that you're rubber and I'm glue. Moving the fuck right on...

"

I don't understand what you mean by skipping multiple difficulties, though, can you rephrase it or something?

Your example had someone finding gems in normal difficulty. My suggestion would have him getting those gems in merciless eventually had he not found them. In a reality with better gem availability like I've suggested in this thread, he would have skipped waiting through multiple difficulties.

"
mandatory mandatory mandatory

Arguments about whether or not certain aspects of POE are mandatory are worthless copouts. Practically nothing in POE is mandatory. You can farm normal ledge for a thousand hours if you want to and skip every boss past Hillock. You can map with Shockwave Totem instead of any other skill. As ZiggyD recently demonstrated, you don't even need gear to play for dozens of hours.

A more worthwhile discussion is whether something is good for the game or not. I believe better gem availability is good for the game. I find no relevant drawbacks to better gem availability and many advantages, some of which I've covered in this thread.
"
op is mad as ballz

here is a suggestion mate

stop playing ssf

you're not tough enough to deal with that play style
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Ive never quite understood why Duration gems are not avaliable to all classes.. as for other gems like Faster Casting and such.. Well what i have did in EVERY League since the gem change since i play mostly SSF anyway with very little trading (although sometimes i simply ask a guild member or friend) is i ALWAYS run a Witch up to Act 4 and depending on what other builds i have planned ill run a Mara or Ranger up to act 4 as well..

But normally i just about always run some form of RF build in every league so i have no choice but to run a Witch up to A4 so i can get all the gems im going to need to run an RF Caster on a Mara or Templar. Works pretty well for me but im sure not everyone wants to spend the first couple hours of the start of a league rushing a Witch to A4 just to mule the gems they need either.. Especially if you are into the ladder. But if you are playing strictly SSF this does work like a charm.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 2, 2016, 5:15:57 AM
"
:thesaddestfaceever:

One wonderful aspect of video games is that they're a medium damn near anyone can enjoy, regardless of their situation in life. I heard about a guy a while back who can't use his limbs who played POE with a straw. I might be a little off on the details there, but it was a pretty damn cool story regardless. Young or old, rich or poor, it doesn't matter. You can even be the literal dumbest fuck on the planet and still be fantastic at playing video games. They don't discriminate. It's nice.

I think it's particularly amazing that we even have parrots that can play video games now. They're remarkably smart creatures (for birds), but they're not really the greatest conversationalists. I just wish we had one with a better vocabulary than "u mad bro" that played POE.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
:thesaddestfaceever:

One wonderful aspect of video games is that they're a medium damn near anyone can enjoy, regardless of their situation in life. I heard about a guy a while back who can't use his limbs who played POE with a straw. I might be a little off on the details there, but it was a pretty damn cool story regardless. Young or old, rich or poor, it doesn't matter. You can even be the literal dumbest fuck on the planet and still be fantastic at playing video games. They don't discriminate. It's nice.

I think it's particularly amazing that we even have parrots that can play video games now. They're remarkably smart creatures (for birds), but they're not really the greatest conversationalists. I just wish we had one with a better vocabulary than "u mad bro" that played POE.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Your talking about "NoHandsKen" Yeah he's quadriplegic and plays POE, D3, and all kinds of other shit with his mouth.. The dude is actually not too damn bad at playing these games either considering the way he is doing it.. Its actually very inspiring to watch.. It will certainly make you scratch your head when you see someone about complain something is too hard in this game or any other.. That ANYTHING is too hard after seeing him play.. The guy is a legend. \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 2, 2016, 5:21:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info