Gem availability sucks for self found

"
Dawmz wrote:
I always find it funny that the players who want to absolutely play SSF also want to remove all the hassles to play SSF, so I wonder what's the point to play SSF in the end.
It comes down to distinguishing between challenges and discouragements.

Finding ways to work with gear limitations is a key part of the challenge of SSF. The creativity that's often required to overcome gear limitations and not always knowing the answer to the question "Can I do this in my mediocre gear?" makes SSF interesting.

In contrast, not having access to build-enabling gems restricts the range of reliably viable builds for SSF characters. It's discouraging to not being able to count on playing a desired build into end-game, except at perhaps a glacial pace. It's enough to stop some from bothering with a build (or character type) in the first place.

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
I don't know, I think the idea of the SSF "challenge" is also to build an account, not just one char. In the good old days, when there was a D2 ladder reset, everyone rolled a sorc first because it was the best way to get a char to MF with low gear req. So it makes sense to me that in a SSF PoE, you start with a char self sufficient on gems and this char opens you a lot more possibilities through drops, gems included. And PoE has a lot of builds that can be made to reach end game fast with quest rewards gem only.
Didn't bother to read this shitstorm through, OP is obviously going ham.

Reduced gem availability is obviously meant to increase the chance a new player engages in trading and to push build variety when a bunch of people start a league; Me and my friend intentionally started with the opposite classes in order to get most gems possible. We didn't really want to trade with other people, we just bought the gems for each other. Quite a decent portion of my friend list did the same.

Surprised?

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Easier gem access for each class is obviously a system there to have you making a choice, like ascendancies. Wich class can get this gem easier? Or that one easier? Those are all questions the game has you asking when you create a new character and plan a build, specially for races. And yes, races go beyond merciless. Of course things will be harder if you put self restricting rules upon yourself, but isn't that the beauty of what you're doing? Changing that would change too many key aspects of the game IMO so it's not really worth it. ggg already went far enough by adding gem vendors, and I think that makes perfect sense with the ascendancies adding that extra layer of planning. But removing the gem issue completely would trivialize a bit of all that, plus flat removing identity from the classes. The thing is, you're not really supposed to get those gems maximum easy, and if we made it easier for self found stuff then it wouldn't even be an issue at all for people who trade and we don't want that either. It's part of a challenge people enjoy. Okay? Peace : 3
Last edited by realm087 on May 2, 2016, 10:21:36 PM
Ill have to be honest here OP, Im not sure if you're doing it on purpose or wat but you ARE being immensely disrespectfull to others. Deeming other ideas instantly as ridiculus, attacking peoples line of thought while calling them dumb just because they said something you disagree with, asking when someone will say something of merit. It just sounds like you're trying to disregard every argument thrown at you instead of actually trying to debate. It's YOU who is actually not contributing in any way to this thread, if not ironically enough, you keep removing stuff wich was at first, apparently, relevant information to your issue. As the thread progresses and you get cornered by arguments, you disregard your own comments. So my guess sir is just you're not a bit humble, or at least thats how youve displayed yourself here, trying to win the conversation by putting your ideas above those of others by default.
All of this butthurt, OP. So much. Goddamn. On the first page, I gave you some good counter points, you refused to address them and instead got awefully butthurt. Why? Why for so much of the awful butthurt?

Thread Summarized: OP went out of his way to make the game harder, but is now complaining that it's too hard.
"
scale_e wrote:
All of this butthurt, OP. So much. Goddamn. On the first page, I gave you some good counter points, you refused to address them and instead got awefully butthurt. Why? Why for so much of the awful butthurt?

Thread Summarized: OP went out of his way to make the game harder, but is now complaining that it's too hard.

Lozl, I was white knighting for you like a sonofabitch in the other thread.

I said 'the first guy that responded to you' but didn't clarify 'the first guy that didn't just say +1 or -1' but too late! He came hard in the paint behind that.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Jennik wrote:

Sidenote on "u mad:" Some people are completely unable to have a conversation above the level of a child. This might be because they're utter fucking morons.

THE Irony :D

E: and just now i've seen your apology to me in the other threat. Now i don't know how to react :/
Last edited by Antaiseito on May 3, 2016, 7:10:38 AM
I haven't read anything new in the thread, so don't worry.

Earlier I stated that I was pretty sure everyone got the same gems in A4. I just hit A4 with a Marauder (playing the ridiculously clunky and terrible Double Strike with Melee Splash as my main skill, single target melee skills suck so hard, why do I hate life, etc.) and have Immortal Call available, which the Shadow I played recently doesn't get. I just checked the wiki and Witch, Shadow, and Ranger don't get Immortal Call there.

It looks like the wiki isn't (or wasn't when I checked) correct, and you'll actually need to level at least some classes up to A4 to get all the gems. You should still only need Witch, Scion, and Duelist, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info