PoE economy sucked... then Cadiro Perandus came and it was good... soon it will suck again.

Poe economy sucked...then Cadiro came and destroyed even the last remains. :)

Where is the "gear progression" if i bought all the items i needed for a build in the first week ? For me, PoE was much funnier a long time ago, even before the divination cards and the gem vendors. At that time one could talk about gear progression: you can spend time farming for currency and buy/craft what you need or you can live of the land - find a better item and equip it. Find an unique that is not so useful for your build - you can either sell it to someone else or you can make another build around that unique.

Where is the fun if one gets a good enough gear after a week ?
You're talking about itemization, not economy. But I do agree, for us casuals GGG really hit the sweet spot with Perandus. We can actually finish a character in 2-3 weeks now. And the no lifers can still chase their headhunters and perfectly corrupted stuff. Everyone should be happy tbh. Not sure why GGG doesn't see it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ladish wrote:
maybe I just got my usual rng shaft but cadiro made very little difference to my progress over other leagues.

You still profited from very cheap unique gear, unless you played self found of course.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
You're talking about itemization, not economy. But I do agree, for us casuals GGG really hit the sweet spot with Perandus. We can actually finish a character in 2-3 weeks now. And the no lifers can still chase their headhunters and perfectly corrupted stuff. Everyone should be happy tbh. Not sure why GGG doesn't see it.
Because you're speaking from a unique item perspective, not from a rare item perspective. "Finishing a character in 2-3 weeks" is a negative from a rare-item perspective.

Why does Path of Exile attempt to support both of these perspectives simultaneously? Blind tradition. Or, to euphemize the exact same concept: player expectation.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 30, 2016, 3:12:54 PM
Of course it sucked ass perandus was fucking dope and I'm very thankful for that even though it's coming to an end and I dread that I have to fuck the market / mf as usual.

Hate that shit but hey it's necessary.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Because you're speaking from a unique item perspective, not from a rare item perspective. "Finishing a character in 2-3 weeks" is a negative from a rare-item perspective.

Why does Path of Exile attempt to support both of these perspectives simultaneously? Blind tradition.

But Cadiro makes a big difference for uniques. When he offers you 3 Voltaxics in a month ( and you don`t even farm him ), then something is wrong. So why do some people want to keep him ? How many uniques are enough ? :)
"
madfellan wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Why does Path of Exile attempt to support both of these perspectives simultaneously? Blind tradition.
But Cadiro makes a big difference for uniques. When he offers you 3 Voltaxics in a month ( and you don`t even farm him ), then something is wrong. So why do some people want to keep him ? How many uniques are enough ? :)
He does. But if GGG keeps going down this road, it'll be just like every other game which has tried to support rare and unique items while giving uniques ask the interesting mods: rare items will mean shit, it'll be a fully unique-driven game, and having to grind your uniques just to enable your build will either feel like shit or be skipped over in favor of faster gratification. Mostly the latter.

You can see we're well down this road already.

Rares and uniques doesn't work, never has, and never will. It's rares or uniques. And I'm one of those who actually wants the rares to win. But I know the only way that'll happen is if rares are allowed to get interesting "unique-only" mods.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 30, 2016, 3:28:47 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The reason "the economy sucked" was that everyone wanted to sell items for a profit... to be a shopkeeper. Cadiro gave players with that wish a source of items to pretend to sell.

The economy isn't at fault. It's the players in a game who think that everyone should be able to trade for a profit that are at fault.

Sir, you have to take some vacations and stay away from these forums for a while. I don't think you've ever reached the pinnacle of this game, nor have ever played it in a competitive way. [Removed by Support] about "everything GGG does is brilliant and in the right direction".

[Removed by Support]

Now, to the OP. You have nailed a good point: for once in PoE history (perandus league) trading has felt a lot better and, against every logic, GGG wants to take it all away.

I think, though, that public tabs are a great improvement to trading, however, if "poe.xyz" goes down, trading will be again a complete disaster. In this regard, GGG themselves are very far away from achieving a good trading system, since they rely on a third party website.

Now they want to completely remove Cadiro?

I'm out of words.
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on Apr 30, 2016, 3:47:48 PM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Out of interest what's the difference between grinding currency to buy items from a player and grinding coins to buy items fron an npc? It takes literally zero amout of time to find an item on poe.trade and buy it.

If that were true, there would be no need for GGG to remove Cadiro as he really doesn't affect the availability of items in the game for players.

While player in Perandus league can farm for two goods sessions and have enough coin to purchase a very nice item - provided Cadiro offers it, the same is not true for farming enough to buy the top end items.

Third, Cadiro offers legacy items, in a fashion that is much more player friendly than GGG'd map Zana mod system.

Lastly, GGG is missing a big opportunity to see how much a factor such as Cadiro/item availability influences players vs new content. If they moved Cadiro to the permanent leagues, but left him off of the new temporary leagues, they could look at the amount of playing time that shifted and use that to gauge how they adapt future item drop/acquire balance.

One of the interesting factors was that the coins really aren't consumable by players themselves in crafting.

If GGG made the next new league a Crafting league, with lots of non-tradable crafting orbs dropping, it could prove to be engaging.

One thing I certainly dislike is the whole Disneyesque concept of having content only available for a limited time and then occasionally bringing it back.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:

One thing I certainly dislike is the whole Disneyesque concept of having content only available for a limited time and then occasionally bringing it back.

That's GGG's long-term policy for player retention, or at least recurrence. They force meta shifts and new conditions for each new temp league.

...worked with me.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 3:33:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info