PoE economy sucked... then Cadiro Perandus came and it was good... soon it will suck again.

"
Bars wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

One thing I certainly dislike is the whole Disneyesque concept of having content only available for a limited time and then occasionally bringing it back.

That's GGG's long-term policy for player retention, or at least recurrence. They force meta shifts and new conditions for each new temp league.

...worked with me.

You're wrong mister.
Rogue exiles, shrines, nemesis mods on rares, bloodlines mods on magic mobs, vaal side areas; everything came from temp leagues.

Naturally, not every new content would prefectly fit the core game (i.e, onslaught - tempest - talisman); however, if the temp content is objectively succesful and widely regarded by the community, why the f*** take it away? Personally, I'd rather have GGG taking away rogues-shrines-nemesis-bloodlines from core game instead of Cadiro.
The only people who want Cadiro to be added to the core of the game are those who can`t think in perspective, they don`t understand what will happen when everyone will have tabs filled with shavs or coils or any other good unique. Probably they will be the first who will come here after a year and they will ask for Cadiro to be removed. :)

Or some who have spent a lot of time farming Solaris/Dried Lake and think that since they`ve made a small fortune this league, they can do the same in the core game. They don`t understand that 90% of the people will "play" PoE in Solaris and Dried Lake, like the players from Perandus are doing now.
"
madfellan wrote:
The only people who want Cadiro to be added to the core of the game are those who can`t think in perspective, they don`t understand what will happen when everyone will have tabs filled with shavs or coils or any other good unique. Probably they will be the first who will come here after a year and they will ask for Cadiro to be removed. :)

Or some who have spent a lot of time farming Solaris/Dried Lake and think that since they`ve made a small fortune this league, they can do the same in the core game. They don`t understand that 90% of the people will "play" PoE in Solaris and Dried Lake, like the players from Perandus are doing now.

assumptions assumptions assumptions, assumptions
"
IronSteel wrote:

You're wrong mister.
Rogue exiles, shrines, nemesis mods on rares, bloodlines mods on magic mobs, vaal side areas; everything came from temp leagues.

Naturally, not every new content would prefectly fit the core game (i.e, onslaught - tempest - talisman); however, if the temp content is objectively succesful and widely regarded by the community, why the f*** take it away? Personally, I'd rather have GGG taking away rogues-shrines-nemesis-bloodlines from core game instead of Cadiro.

They didn't implement all temp league content in the core game. They also recently changed Zana to offer only a limited number of mods, changing each league.

Forced meta shifts. What I said.

I didn't say this or that is *bad* and shouldn't be in the game. About Cadiro, all these arguments are quite pointless as GGG has made their stance on Cadiro clear and Chris personally said in his last interview that they wanted to try an item-rich league with Perandus but they didn't anticipate the amount of gear people would get and they will tone it down in next leagues.

They don't care about forum threads about it. There have always been threads complaining about everything imaginable in the forum. GGG have their own ingame metrics, which we know nothing about, and their own vision of the game and they follow that - like it or not.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Sygnano wrote:

assumptions assumptions assumptions, assumptions

So why do you people ask for an infinite number of easy uniques ? What is the reason to keep Cadiro in the core game ? How many Coils do you need ?
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
It's debatable just what sort of impact he has had on the economy.

Personally i don't trade, Cadiro is a nice addition for me, not only do you get some nice stuff but even just farming coins as an additional incentive to logging in and farming for a few hours makes it feel like you are not fighting RNG.

From the perspective of new players it's great, for those that are lucky...yay them, but those that RNG shit on coins are a way to kinda bypass that.

For the traders, some don't mind him to much, others will whine because it's driving the prices down...a good thing for many...other than the people that seriously over price the items and the other sheep follow suit

Everything is debatable. Thus, unless GGG publishes statistics (if they have any) on the impact of Cadiro Perandus on the PoE economy and then discuss the numbers compared to previous leagues stats to see how good or bad his presence has been to Wraeclast we won't be able to know conclusively.

All this talk may all be overreaching. The simple answer that we must vote on is whether Cadiro Perandus has made PoE more "fun to play". For me his presence has been a resounding yes as I don't go in for trading. I want to maximize my free gaming time mob bashing and not commodity trading.

In the end and in the grand scheme of things for GGG it should come down to three things:

1. Are more players having fun playing Perandus League than any previous league?
2. Is GGG seeing the financial benefits of Cadiro Perandus: are we buying more mtx?
    (I bought a premium stash tab 6 pack on sale and that's significant for me to do that if
     you know how vocal I am on hating the way stash tabs are activated as converted remove-
     only tabs instead of 6 added 100% empty tabs. In spite of my hating that I still am so
     overwhelming enjoying p-mob and Cadiro encounters that I made an mtx.)
3. Is the volume of trading up or down over past leagues?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 30, 2016, 3:59:01 PM
"
madfellan wrote:

+1

Rares and uniques doesn't work, never has, and never will. It's rares or uniques. And I'm one of those who actually wants the rares to win. But I know the only way that'll happen is if rares are allowed to get interesting "unique-only" mods.

Consistency in types of mod rolls and in level of mod rolls would let rares win. Why should a level 79 item randomly roll meager defense stats on a weapon, or have +cold skills, and + flat fire damage? Why does an item have +349 Armor and then +14% Armor?

The "R" in the random affix generation needs to do a better job. If it's only purpose is to keep players farming for an eternity, than it should be given a cardboard sign that says "Will only work one day per year for food." and sent packing.

Why would a top level boss store or keep a worthless trinket anyways?

The loot should match the area, with some variation. I understand what GGG is trying to do - give players who are willing to farm and play for a long time, that Eureka moment of finding a great item, but the current RNG method is antiquated and detracts from the game for many players.

I think it is nigh time GGG took a bold step forward and came up with a new type of itemization.

Why RNG drops OR crafting? Why not both? Not just masters, but something like allowing players to sell five rare items to a Master and see what the results looked like before accepting? If you sold to Vagan, the item would get more weapon mods, particularly accuracy and damage. The mods generated would be heavily influenced by the mods of the items you put in.

As an example - you grind and grind and grind and you have ten sets of armor. You take five of them to Haku, one has nice Flat Armor, one nice % armor, one has Nice life, and the other two have nice chaos resistances. They are all of the same base type, you offer them to Haku and he keeps a few of the mods offering an OK flat armor, a nice % armor, and chaos
resists.

You take out the chaos resist armors and and put in one more with nice life and one with nice flat armor. Now, Haku offers you an armor with med flat ac, a nice % armor and nice life. It is better than what you have, but your need some chaos resists, so you try adding some various orbs to the window, to see if you can get one more mod with chaos resists.

It could be a level 9 Master option, so it wouldn't break the existing leveling options in a new league.

Additionally, GGG could allow an additional prefix and suffix that are FIXED to drop on rare mods. These could include some affixes that are only available this way. A player who found a sword with +200% damage (after farming level79+ maps for a very long time) might find that enough to try and craft, but they would need to find lots of other good rares to make that work.

Anyhow, I don't think there is anything wrong with uniques. IMO, the problem is with the way rares are generated/crafted and implemented. Right now, getting rares is like we are shopping at 137 car lots because the cars have 1-4 wheels, 0-3 engines, a 50/50 chance of having a steering wheel and usually come with snorkels, flat screen tvs and a one liter gas tank.

A nice rare item should have a lot of sizzle factor. It shouldn't be a nice juicy steak that has been dipped in turpentine.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Bars wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:

One thing I certainly dislike is the whole Disneyesque concept of having content only available for a limited time and then occasionally bringing it back.

That's GGG's long-term policy for player retention, or at least recurrence. They force meta shifts and new conditions for each new temp league.

...worked with me.

Disney thought it was working for them, until they realized they were generating ill will in the fans that liked them the most.

What I can understand, is when GGG thinks there is simply too much going on at once - and the overall effect is dilution. Instead of removing the content, why not start allocating it in different types of areas (type of map, type of instance) thematically? It would give the game more flavor imo.

Cadiro, for instance, might be primarily found in areas such as Marketplace, Temple, Grand Arena, etc. He might also show up in the deadliest maps, since the dying exiles would leave behind items that he could collect and sell for coins.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Bars wrote:

I didn't say this or that is *bad* and shouldn't be in the game. About Cadiro, all these arguments are quite pointless as GGG has made their stance on Cadiro clear and Chris personally said in his last interview that they wanted to try an item-rich league with Perandus but they didn't anticipate the amount of gear people would get and they will tone it down in next leagues.

How much gear do players get from trading?

Why not try a set of temporary leagues with no trading? I suspect the amount of howling if GGG did that would be enough to make Cthulhu go sane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info