PoE economy sucked... then Cadiro Perandus came and it was good... soon it will suck again.

you are completely biased lol

There is one thing that came at same time as Cadiro and its the thing that changed the economy

stash tab shops

All Cadiro did was to lower a bit tier 1 uniques, give more access to league restricted unique and make normal uniques even more vendor trash
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Out of interest what's the difference between grinding currency to buy items from a player and grinding coins to buy items fron an npc? It takes literally zero amout of time to find an item on poe.trade and buy it.

The vast majority of people that complain about trading being too difficult these days are people that don't actually do it, everyone else just gets on with it.

The difference is that, grinding coins feels like part of the game.. You are killing monsters while doing it, find a cadiro, see the item, buy it if you want to, don't buy it if you don't, and continue killing monsters..

With trading, the discrepancy is in having to stop, go to your browser, open up an external 3rd party program (which feels more or less like a real life commodity trading site), find a different player (who may or may not be online), whisper him, hope to get a response (if he isn't afk or in a map or doing atziri or something else), go to his hideout and then complete the trade.

The main difference here is that, cadiro feels like you are still playing the game while getting the items (which gives a sense of "i found this item"), while trading feels more like a chore that takes you out of the game, in addition to the feeling of "i didn't find this item, i just bought it" which is a huge downer to certain people that like to find items in a game based around killing monsters and finding items.
I really, really feel that a big reason for the lower prices is also attributable to public stash api. I bet a huge amount of players barely traded at all (who now have easily accessible trading) because of the hassle of opening and linking a thread to a 3d party program, etc. Cadibro has a large effect too no doubt but having a thousand fold more shops didn't hurt either.
Personally I started this league a little late (last week I think) and it's been the most fun I've had in this game yet. Yes I am a Casual, Yes I took a break from Diablo 3 seasons to play this. I understand I'm not hardcore. But it was a lot of fun and Cariro has given me some items I never would of gotten in the past. I also have never tried as hard before as I did this league. The excitement of attaining the unobtainable (lower costs), finding uniques I did have fueled the fun i've had so far.

I think PoE is definitely heading in a better direction and this league to ME proves it. It would be a shame (yes to me) if prices were sky high again for the next league and I will definitely (because of this league) play the next one as well.

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
All Cadiro did was to lower a bit tier 1 uniques
So they became cheaper, which is good.
"
give more access to league restricted unique
So they became cheaper, which is good. Also you have a chance to get them yourself without spending ridiculous amounts of currency and time, which is good^2.
"
and make normal uniques even more vendor trash
They were already dirt cheap so no harm done here.

Do you see a pattern here? I do.

PS. I agree that trade tabs are a great addition(which, honestly, should've made its way into PoE like two years ago) but that doesn't belittle Cadiro's influence on the game.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
madfellan wrote:
Poe economy sucked...then Cadiro came and destroyed even the last remains. :)

Where is the "gear progression" if i bought all the items i needed for a build in the first week ? For me, PoE was much funnier a long time ago, even before the divination cards and the gem vendors. At that time one could talk about gear progression: you can spend time farming for currency and buy/craft what you need or you can live of the land - find a better item and equip it. Find an unique that is not so useful for your build - you can either sell it to someone else or you can make another build around that unique.

Where is the fun if one gets a good enough gear after a week ?

Exactly my feeling.....for me PoE was all about journey, but like OP people only care about destination now......all they care is to get their hands on end game uniques as early as possible......every good end game unique is now build enabling, according to them

I bought all my gear in PHC in first 3 days.....never had to change any of it.....first of all upgrades dont mean shit, second of all you dont need them, then i only did lab on normal, cause yea, almost died at lvl 65 with 6000 hp to lag on trap, never looked back and never will do lab again.....again not needed at all to play this now disgracefully easy game

i play with 350 IIR solo, up to T12 maps, only not doing higher cause my dps is to low as mf-er, but can play T15 easy in party......

What i like is this poll about 2 week league......it shows that there are many more people who want challenging and harder PoE and it shows that crybabies like OP are in minority.....Yes crybabies are very loud and GGG seems to indulge them a lot, but maybe if there will be more polls like this , maybe this game will get back to its former glory

Quite the opposite. The economy sucks now. Nothing is worth any value because of Cardio. The cheap items were great for inexperienced players but that wasnt good for the POE economy.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Cadiro just changed the price of uniques unlinked, so it just changed a subset of prices for me.
I have for sure lost a part of my trading profits since this league i'm using almost only rares, and still it doesn't feel so unfair.

They just could have kept him, the only good thing about him disappearing is that perandus mobs lag is going away as well
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Really, prices won't rebound to where they were at before 2.2, because of premium tabs. Before, only a small subset of players had a shop thread (I believe it was even less than 10% of the player base) now, over 95% of the players with premium tabs trade (Chris had some stats about this earlier in the league). Supply therefore, is much, much higher than it was which leads to lower prices. Yea, Cadirbro influenced prices for sure, but no where near to the extent that we are seeing this league. I've had, and I play a fair amount, several 85+ chars on PHC but only one T1 unique from Cadibro (a shavs).

TL DR; Its trading, not Cadibro that has caused the collapse in value

Also: I love it. There is finally some competition in the market, items were so overvalued and overpriced. It is a buyers market now, not a sellers market (as it should be).

Last edited by thevdende on May 3, 2016, 9:08:03 AM
Cheer up OP.

I play tonnes of hours every league and this league was by far the most enjoyable to me simply because it gave me a reason to actually play.

On standard I do maps for exp, atziri for well atziri and spend the rest of my time afking, selling stuff or buying stuff.
On perandus I try to spent as much time actually farming maps as possible because Cadiro makes it worth my time. Simply put cadiro makes grinding the game actually a-kin to playing the trading game in terms of rewards and frankly good for us to be more rewarded for actually playing the hell out the god damn game.

What will really make me sad about the non-integration of perandus is how we won't hear Cadiro's voice lines which if I'm to be honest are easily the best I've heard anywhere in path of exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info