So the main problem with SSF leagues is that...

"
Shppy wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People who get really good items too soon never develop skills needed to play well. They think trading is needed because they never learned to play. They started out playing with exceptional gear, and now think exceptional gear is needed to play. It's not. Play without it for a while and you'll see that skill is much more important than gear is.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm glad I played this game solo self-found for the first like 9 months, including taking down my first atziri and clearing the top tier maps (at the time) as ssf. As a result, I know how to be 'good enough', even if i'm not blitzing through uber or tanking core maps. I know how to craft my own builds and take advantage of the countless tactical mechanics available. I know how to get by with simple, cheap weapons/equipment crafted via alt->aug->regal-> single craft (cuz you're not multimodding on a ssf budget, even if you manage to get elreon to 8 solo). I'm rather happy I didn't spoil myself.

Last edited by Scotchfist on May 2, 2016, 10:35:18 PM
so the key to a new ssf build is to add a unique item shop to the game? Why not just buy from players if you are going to be buying from cadiro, the 9th master all the time?
So... If you guys want a SSF league but don't want to change drop rates, why bother with a SSF league in the first place?

If you aren't changing anything about the game, just play SSF by yourself. It's the same thing. There was a big SSF challenge a few weeks ago, you all could just do that again.

I did make a SSF/PHC character and got to maps before I got bored out of my mind. SSF is just boring to me. It's not challenging, just boring.
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Droprates need to be buffed to compensate for not trading.

It's the other way round, trading spoiled you. You don't have good uniques that are relevant to your build when you play self found. Only if you are insanely lucky. That's what it is accept it.
This can all be solved with a simple "SSF" icon next to players names on the ladder, or even a separate ladder for SSF players in each league. No need to add new leagues for it.

As soon as a player trades or joins a party they lose their SSF tag for the remainder of that league, even if they create a new character.
"
Varkorium wrote:
This can all be solved with a simple "SSF" icon next to players names on the ladder, or even a separate ladder for SSF players in each league. No need to add new leagues for it.

As soon as a player trades or joins a party they lose their SSF tag for the remainder of that league, even if they create a new character.

If they can do this then people will want it broken into categories.

SSF
SF - for people that have friends
NS - for the crazies that want to use carried gear only.

Where will the madness end?

Honestly, though, I agree with you. It would be cool if they could do that.
"
FarmerTed wrote:

Where will the madness end?

with a no.
just because someone has a dumb idea doesn't mean this should inconvenience anyone. The devs can just not break it down in categories. Simple.

I'm not sure this has to be an extra mode though. Just play that way, end of story. It's for you. In my opinion, self found is like HC it is the only way to play.
Last edited by Toliman on May 4, 2016, 1:45:55 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
''Droprates need to be buffed to compensate for not trading. Finding a voltaxic is worthless for the majority of players not building a voltaxic build.''

No worries. I've played for several years and never seen a voltaxic bow drop... ever..

Same here. I've been in from CB PoE and me and my pet Kiwi have never seen a Voltaxic drop, or a Bino, or a Shavs, or a Tabula Rasa, any 6L gear, or a 101 other great gear . Until Perandus League 5L drops were always a Blue Moon rare event too. I finally have 1 Tabula Rasa I bought from Cadiro so without him PoE will just be back to the old and tired starvation arpg and farm forever for shit drops that it has always been. There is ZERO FUN FACTOR in that.

It is clear that quality of drops would need to go up significantly for a SSF... I thought it was SFL: Self-Found League... to want to play it. For gear you get that is not usable on the current build, that's what our stash is for to save it for theory crafting and making another build around that great gear. I get a Voltaxic Rift drop on my current fire totem Magma Orb fire build I'd stash it and make another new build around it. Build diversity and replaying with a different skill(s) is the biggest thing PoE has going for it. If GGG takes that away by taking Cadiro Perandus out and keeping great gear drops gated behind rng so as to make then a once in a blue moon drop event kills the central theme of PoE: build crafting diversity to our hearts content. We can't craft builds for endgame viability with shit drops all the time (and making us farm grind many 100s of hours for 1 great item just isn't right. Most of us have time limitations).

Sounds like you got a case of the rng blues player A. I've found a binos from a barrel once, lightning coil from armour rack (still got it), 6L in the 2nd-3rd day of a new league. Whatever you haven't found, someone else has like me. And I like scroties no stash league. Then if that happens it would be feasible to raise drops but as it stands now, its okay.
The problem of SSF leagues is there are two kinds of SSF players.

The scavenger, which wants the challenge of relying only on what drops without any other changes to the game.

The insecure trader, which wants to eliminate the challenge of participating in a market place by changing the game to shower them in everything they want.
"
Hackusations wrote:
The problem of SSF leagues is there are two kinds of SSF players.

The scavenger, which wants the challenge of relying only on what drops without any other changes to the game.

The insecure trader, which wants to eliminate the challenge of participating in a market place by changing the game to shower them in everything they want.

I don't get this. There may be some that fits your last category, but not many. Even a 7 year old monkey can farm the chaos recipe, hit POE Trade, copy a whisper link and post it in chat. There's NO challenge in buying B/O items - what so ever.

I've discussed this MANY times, both in forums, sub forums and guild. And my impression is that SSF is almost never about the "hassle" or "challenge" of trading, it's about FUN.

And for a lot of players, buying someone else's achievements isn't fun - at all. They want to find their own items, rely on only them self. Finding loot for their current build, next build or unique items to open up new ideas for builds.

I can understand people asking for up'd drop rates, as you CAN play years without finding exalts or divines, needed for master crafting. It becomes very tiring for some to almost KNOW you wount enjoy a lot of what the game has to offer, without buying someone else's luck or crafts.

I don't ask for up'd drop rates of orbs. Or uniques. I just can't understand why good rares do not drop. Uniques are not supposed to be BiS, but equal rares are impossible to find. I say this after playing this game for years, farming Atziri and high tier maps - without finding ONE physical weapon I deem good enough for late end game content.

Which makes crating the solution. Without exalts or devines.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 5, 2016, 3:08:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info