So the main problem with SSF leagues is that...

"
H4xolotl wrote:
Droprates need to be buffed to compensate for not trading

Incorrect.
"
Droprates need to be buffed to compensate for not trading. Finding a voltaxic is worthless for the majority of players not building a voltaxic build.

play SSF to make game harder.

Ask for making game easier.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People who get really good items too soon never develop skills needed to play well. They think trading is needed because they never learned to play. They started out playing with exceptional gear, and now think exceptional gear is needed to play. It's not. Play without it for a while and you'll see that skill is much more important than gear is.

Running a few tier 1 blue maps takes a lot of skill though rite?
You don't need to buff droprates for ssf, you just manage your expectations. And if you e.g. find voltaxic on a melee char either keep it to look at or roll a second char.
If they go through the trouble of doing a SSF league, they should absolutely not buff the drop rate. The whole purpose behind such a league is the challenge. It's a bit ridiculous to ask for a challenge - to make the game harder - just to request that it be made easier.

People have been playing SSF since the start of POE. It's very doable. No need to dumb it down.
- Rose

Perandus, Hardcore, Standard, and Races
Solo - Self-Found, since Jan 2013
That's the real problem... everyone has "the point". And "the point" is different depending on who you talk to.
"
H4xolotl wrote:
Droprates need to be buffed to compensate for not trading.

If all people think a sfl amounts to is increased drop rates then absolutely there should never be a sfl.
"
Skitzi wrote:
If they go through the trouble of doing a SSF league, they should absolutely not buff the drop rate. The whole purpose behind such a league is the challenge. It's a bit ridiculous to ask for a challenge - to make the game harder - just to request that it be made easier.

People have been playing SSF since the start of POE. It's very doable. No need to dumb it down.

It's not always about making the game "harder". For a lot of people, it's to make the experience different. It's about beating the game by your self, with YOUR drops/crafts, not buying someone else's.

"Farming Dried Lake/Dominus/whetevr for chaos recipe, then hit the store" will never be a challenge nor fun in my eyes. And I play to have fun in PoE, like all other games. And THAT is why _I_ play self found; I prefer doing shit by my self, finding shit myself, making shit myself - taking a shit by myself. I can grind for dangerously many hours - and even more so, if the chance for an upgrade was possible. After hitting, well, level 80, the chance of an upgrade in form of a rare drop is too small.

But hey, I don't ask for more orbs. Or more uniques. I just feel the progression of rares is a little bit "off".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 30, 2016, 4:28:47 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:

But hey, I don't ask for more orbs. Or more uniques. I just feel the progression of rares is a little bit "off".

Being SSF for 3+ years, I agree with that. It's been a long time since I've had a rare upgrade, and my character is in her 90s.
- Rose

Perandus, Hardcore, Standard, and Races
Solo - Self-Found, since Jan 2013
"
''Droprates need to be buffed to compensate for not trading. Finding a voltaxic is worthless for the majority of players not building a voltaxic build.''

No worries. I've played for several years and never seen a voltaxic bow drop... ever..

Same here. I've been in from CB PoE and me and my pet Kiwi have never seen a Voltaxic drop, or a Bino, or a Shavs, or a Tabula Rasa, any 6L gear, or a 101 other great gear . Until Perandus League 5L drops were always a Blue Moon rare event too. I finally have 1 Tabula Rasa I bought from Cadiro so without him PoE will just be back to the old and tired starvation arpg and farm forever for shit drops that it has always been. There is ZERO FUN FACTOR in that.

It is clear that quality of drops would need to go up significantly for a SSF... I thought it was SFL: Self-Found League... to want to play it. For gear you get that is not usable on the current build, that's what our stash is for to save it for theory crafting and making another build around that great gear. I get a Voltaxic Rift drop on my current fire totem Magma Orb fire build I'd stash it and make another new build around it. Build diversity and replaying with a different skill(s) is the biggest thing PoE has going for it. If GGG takes that away by taking Cadiro Perandus out and keeping great gear drops gated behind rng so as to make then a once in a blue moon drop event kills the central theme of PoE: build crafting diversity to our hearts content. We can't craft builds for endgame viability with shit drops all the time (and making us farm grind many 100s of hours for 1 great item just isn't right. Most of us have time limitations).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info