So the main problem with SSF leagues is that...

"
Sygnano wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
And for anyone trying to push their level past 90 the drop rates are certainly not "fine".

They are... for the entire community, which is why you'd need trading

The loot of one man is a tragedy, the loot of millions is a statistic.

Hence the first "S" for Solo in SSF.

If GGG added a SSF temp league, and a permanent default SSF league, then not a single person in the other leagues would be affected by its economy.

The players who enjoy the current versions could continue to do so.

Other than possibly taking a bit of GGG resources (which could be ameliorated by having SSF a paid league) there's not really any valid reason for the players who don't want an SSF league to allow others to play in a separate SSF league.

The people who want SSF could just as easily say that current solo players should be forced to group up, or hideouts be taken away and all mapping be public games.

Other than telling other people how they should enjoy the game, the only valid issue here is whether a separate league could be financially viable for GGG.

The interest in Garena's SSF should give GGG some data on that.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 1, 2016, 9:59:41 PM
250+ ping :(
Real issue with SSF leagues is that nobody plays in them...
Only thing that needs to be buffed is exalt drop rates. Right now, I only get to burn two or three per league and I have become inured to that level of disappointment.

Item drops are fine. Even without Cadiro, I normally drop enough good stuff to comfortably run up to level 8 maps. True, I never know what build I am going to be running,at least for my first character, but that is part of the fun.
deleted
Last edited by pedegie on May 1, 2016, 11:42:34 PM
"
Boem wrote:
SSF never fails because of the droprates. It fails because the current demographic can't stand playing with a lack of power for extended periods before upgrading.

Which is exactly what you do with SSF vs trade, slow down the power progression curve.

I still remember fondly doing lvl 78 maps in a solo event with a 250 dps harbinger and 3500hp.

Stuff was hard and a single hit would kill you outright, kite or die, it was brilliant.

tl;dr people want the gears, they don't need the gears.

Peace,

-Boem-

Cool, so, melee is just no then
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
IF anything should be made easier in SSF it is increased drop rate for currency no other items.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Mythabril wrote:
If you buff drop rates you have to void the league.

self-found = no-trade = voided (in practice; it never affects anything outside of your own account)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Considering Chris stated it on multiple occations, the droprates are based on the fact that pepole are trading. So yes, the droprates is a problem for a SSF league.

If it should be changed or whatever should be done is another question though.
"
antilev2 wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
SSF never fails because of the droprates. It fails because the current demographic can't stand playing with a lack of power for extended periods before upgrading.

Which is exactly what you do with SSF vs trade, slow down the power progression curve.

I still remember fondly doing lvl 78 maps in a solo event with a 250 dps harbinger and 3500hp.

Stuff was hard and a single hit would kill you outright, kite or die, it was brilliant.

tl;dr people want the gears, they don't need the gears.

Peace,

-Boem-

Cool, so, melee is just no then
As long as you're forcing both no-trade and melee on yourself, you might as well also play HC and not allow yourself to equip nonblue items so you can go full masochism mode. Seriously, the more shit you do to shoot yourself in the foot, the less you can blame others for it. I *do* think GGG should make it so if you "pick one drawback" the game is still rather playable, but it shouldn't be the case that you thoroughly sabotage yourself and the game still says "you're a winner."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info