So the main problem with SSF leagues is that...

Drop rates are fine. I play self found until at least lvl 65-70 every league...saving my money for the good shit later.

You just wont be killing high maps unless you get really lucky.
Git R Dun!
I do the same. Unless I get lucky and an exalt drops before lvl 70 or so SSF every league.
Censored.
PoE is the worst arpg on the market to do self found, as the whole game, progression and drop rates are balanced around economy and you trading.

Generally I like all this suggestion.

"
H4xolotl wrote:

1) Not possible in PoE, but an interesting design concept from Diablo 3; Targeted loot. Useful loot relevant to your build drops more often. Impossible to implement in PoE since characters are far less restricted than D3, so loot targeting be too broad (How would the drop engine know whether your marauder wants melee weapons or a fire sceptre?)

Its actually possible, and not that hard. In d3, they look what class you are to determine the drops. In PoE you would need to look not on class, but what passives in the tree you have. So every passive will increase chances of getting items with those mods and similar. So if you have a marauder that want melee weapons, I am guessing you would invest some points in melee dmg. If you invest in spell dmg passives , than you will get higher chance of getting items with that mods and similar. This is just a basic idea how it would work.
Last edited by Ragnar119 on May 5, 2016, 6:26:26 PM
The whole "balanced around trading" is used by people who don't play the game well enough to use the drops the game provides. They rely on trading to get gear they could never hope to find rather than develop skills and a playstyle that would allow them to progress without that gear.

The game is not "balanced around trading". It allows trading to let people cheeze their way through it.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Drop rates are fine... You just wont be killing high maps unless you get really lucky.

Isn't that sort of a paradox? "Drop rates are fine, but you have to get really lucky..."
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The whole "balanced around trading" is used by people who don't play the game well enough to use the drops the game provides. They rely on trading to get gear they could never hope to find rather than develop skills and a playstyle that would allow them to progress without that gear.

The game is not "balanced around trading". It allows trading to let people cheeze their way through it.

Whatever, have fun playing with your dirt you call "good enough items" and cheapos cheesy generic build while we actually get to have some fun with, let's say, 30 times more builds option than you ? Sorry if we're pissed at the slot machine and not addicted to it.
I like the idea of SOLO SUPER-CADIRO LEAGUE
Sorry if somebody else replied with this. But I don't believe SSF leagues exist. And it seems GGG isn't interested. That could be a problem.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Unfortunately, this is not the case, as thats how developer made their game and said it them selves. Its not cheeze to trade, its to play how developer wanted their game to be played and how they balanced it.

You can play with arbitrary limiting your selves how ever you want, is it not trading or just using white items, or only unique items, or just dont use every upgrade you get (so the drop rates will be even lower for you) its important that you have fun. But its not how the game was made, and how the progression was made.

Trade is a core part of PoE, and drop rates are made around it, and there is nothing to deny it. But there are people than dont like to trade (like me), but want to have similar progression as if they would trade. And some of this suggestions in this thread will fix/improve it.

Or just make a league like what they did on garena with SSF league (unfortunately can't play on garena because of high ping)

Last edited by Ragnar119 on May 6, 2016, 10:28:48 AM
Droprates can't be buffed for sure... it's like you are challenging yourself, and then saying you require assistance for your handicap. Introducing Cadiro as a Zana-map mod or a master is alright and would be like Perandus league except nerfed. Selling your trash uniques for coins might not be a bad idea either, and is pretty interesting.

I don't like #1 & #2 solutions. #1 because might be difficult getting implemented besides perhaps dropping dex jewels for dex char classes, etc (which might not even be what that build is looking for). #2 is just like pseudo-trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info