... Snail Time ...

35%...slow going here...barely sneaking in 1+ hours a day. Found one more red map...5 down, 7 more to go. :)

Had a very close call on a Precinct map. Ran into a reflect rare...it was one of those stupid crabs that turn into a smaller little critter after you kill them. Carefully killed it but it didn't explode...so I decided to ditch the little SOB and ran a ways off to fight the boss. I don't like to let this boss hit me as she can sometimes one shot you...so I'm kiting and draining her life fast...and then who do I see running behind me? That damn little reflect piece of crap!

I kite more...try to ditch him but with my COC build there is stuff flying everywhere. I'm taking reflect damage and can't tell WTF is going on. I finally retreat, lure the boss into a corner and destroy her quickly...and when I go back to the main boss area I see that Mr. Reflect somehow died in the resulting deluge...and good riddance!

Once again, I think I have offended Rngesus because he really seems to want me dead. ^_^
I did blue T9 malformations to 100. I was pulling in 4% on weeknights and 10% on weekend days. Slow going, largely because the map isn't that great and I did a lot of trading, too.

Just do not die and be ready to put in a lot of hours, and it goes smoothly enough.

Good luck leveling!
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
Last edited by InsaneWallaby on May 23, 2016, 1:41:02 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing fine or leveling fine. I just got back from a break after I reached 90 (I decided to not earn exp for awhile and play my other characters). It was a horrible day haha. I rip'd 3x today and a nice chunk of exp disappeared from me ("NO, MY GORGE MAPS").

RIP'd to a herald of thunder and RIP'd to a lag spike + bearer explosion on another(this one was unavoidable), last one was a huge pack of Perandus mobs in a Volcano map. Ugh... I'll give it a rest and take back my exp tomorrow... 14% exp currently. I did a few runs with some T5 blue maps to get some exp back.

Is there such a thing as "lost of exp" rage? Haha.
"
outspokened wrote:
Hey guys, hope everyone's doing fine or leveling fine. I just got back from a break after I reached 90 (I decided to not earn exp for awhile and play my other characters). It was a horrible day haha. I rip'd 3x today and a nice chunk of exp disappeared from me ("NO, MY GORGE MAPS").

RIP'd to a herald of thunder and RIP'd to a lag spike + bearer explosion on another(this one was unavoidable), last one was a huge pack of Perandus mobs in a Volcano map. Ugh... I'll give it a rest and take back my exp tomorrow... 14% exp currently. I did a few runs with some T5 blue maps to get some exp back.

Ripping, especially double or triple can be very demoralising.
If your're ripping that often, you may want to consider your build OR your map mods, if you are playing rare maps with crazy mods, you'll rip.
They key is to play easy mods, which is why I run blues. Not to say you can't run rares.
Can you remember the mods on the map you ripped on?

Btw I never play Volcano because the rare totem F***er can rip me.
Also I like turning three volcanos into a springs and volcano has weak exp

Keep going, and don't be demoralised - there are reasons you are ripping so much and you need to find them.

Turnip
Hit 97 today- yippee I suppose but now dreading 97 lol.

Very tense at 99% - seemed to go on forever. But apart from a rip at 0% - didn't rip at whole level 96 which is a relief.

Nee ps booze and sedatives to calm shaking hands.

That last 1% always freaks me out.

Anyway, I'm a bit closer. Time to play some dodgy rare springs.

Gl to all

Turnip
"
InsaneWallaby wrote:
I did blue T9 malformations to 100. I was pulling in 4% on weeknights and 10% on weekend days. Slow going, largely because the map isn't that great and I did a lot of trading, too.

Just do not die and be ready to put in a lot of hours, and it goes smoothly enough.

Good luck leveling!

Lv 100 on Malformations? Respect...I hate that map (especially the boss, lol). I have rows of them that I'm still not sure what to do with...

I don't mind Volcano...but I avoid the boss as while I can usually kill him without dying...he's a little too strong and has wrecked many of my other characters.

Congrats on 97 Turnip! And no rips...wow, very impressive.

And be careful on mixing the booze and sedatives, friend. :D

Speaking of which...I think booze and POE = FUN. Do any of you drink while going for these higher levels?

I used to do Friday night drunken POE mapping with my buddy...but both of us have responsibilities now (aka wife/gf/kids) that prevents us from doing so but once in a blue moon.

Then again, it is probably best that I remain sober while grinding for higher levels. Especially since I'm a lightweight. ^_^
On the back of the seeming likelihood that CA won't get nerfed, I decided to go ahead and level my second guy to 95 (Genkiss). The build started and has continued as my personal commentary on how synergies between mods can create untenably high damage. It had 10.6k life in 2.0 but had to sacrifice some for damage. Now back over 10k at 10,125 life. And I now need about 400 chisels to go ahead and prepare all the tier 11-14 drops :/

Gratz Turnip on 97.
38%...lousy maps from Zana today. Losing a little motivation to keep grinding...but I have to get to 97 before 2.3.0 launches.

Must...keep...going. ;)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on May 23, 2016, 10:05:20 PM
Finally managed to hit 99. This time it took me much longer. Now that I am busy with work again I will probably have to reach 100 the lengthy way...
SasoriOtoko
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
35%...slow going here...barely sneaking in 1+ hours a day. Found one more red map...5 down, 7 more to go. :)

Had a very close call on a Precinct map. Ran into a reflect rare...it was one of those stupid crabs that turn into a smaller little critter after you kill them. Carefully killed it but it didn't explode...so I decided to ditch the little SOB and ran a ways off to fight the boss. I don't like to let this boss hit me as she can sometimes one shot you...so I'm kiting and draining her life fast...and then who do I see running behind me? That damn little reflect piece of crap!

I kite more...try to ditch him but with my COC build there is stuff flying everywhere. I'm taking reflect damage and can't tell WTF is going on. I finally retreat, lure the boss into a corner and destroy her quickly...and when I go back to the main boss area I see that Mr. Reflect somehow died in the resulting deluge...and good riddance!

Once again, I think I have offended Rngesus because he really seems to want me dead. ^_^

Malformation to 100?! O_O Hat's off to you sir for still maintaining your sanity and reaching 100 with that map...

Turniphead2
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
"
outspokened wrote:

Ripping, especially double or triple can be very demoralising.
If your're ripping that often, you may want to consider your build OR your map mods, if you are playing rare maps with crazy mods, you'll rip.
They key is to play easy mods, which is why I run blues. Not to say you can't run rares.
Can you remember the mods on the map you ripped on?

Btw I never play Volcano because the rare totem F***er can rip me.
Also I like turning three volcanos into a springs and volcano has weak exp

Keep going, and don't be demoralised - there are reasons you are ripping so much and you need to find them.

Turnip

Ahh the death to frostbearer was unavoidable I had a lag spike during death and that split second the frost explosions went off and I'm dead after the lag has subsided(it was a +20 pack size sea witches gorge map). I could have prevented the Herald death though, I was trying to hunt it down in Volcano before it becomes a big nuisance and I failed, it warped it's pillars and I was in the middle of it then bam, I melted from the sparks. I will prob never do cyclone again once I reached 100 on this hahaha.

I've quit using alcs on T7s and T8s now since I'm getting a decent amount of them and just use my currency on T9 upwards.

Congrats on reaching 99 Deadpeng!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info