... Snail Time ...

Back on the horse today. 86% into 98 now. I don't think I'll have time to get 100 before 2.3, but not a big deal. Respec'ed to Frost Wall + Pierce LA, can't wait for some fun ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
You used...the Frost Wall...:0 o_0 :-O

*Ahem*...anyway, good luck on Lv 99! :)

I'm at 96.50%...had a close call with a stupid Rogue of all things...normally they barely scratch me. Made a few very minor gear tweaks, new ring to up mana regen a bit and still tinkering with extra CWDT slots. Really loving the double Blasphemy Temp Chains/Enfeeb combo...along with my trusty Basalt flask and a Rumi's I'm pretty tanky.

Oh, btw Turnip...I saw a very sweet looking strongbox...rare Gemcutter's and when used a WS it was a Gems Have Experience...could...not resist...even with a Rogue inside (this was not the one that beat me up).

So I broke my rule and got the goodies...the best of which are these two:

That was worth it in my book. 8)

Edit: That Lv 19 LMP is only worth 3-5 chaos...ok...this wasn't really worth it. Ah well. ;)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on May 25, 2016, 11:00:26 PM
So 22% into 91...long way to go to 100.

2 things I remember from past readings...."..if your defence is weak, your build is poor and you should be ashamed....

...you can never know if you have truly looked for a Mirror if you dont kill every monster, open every chest and roll every rock in a map...

cant remember who said these things, but they stuck...

I also remember the writings of Sun Tzu....sometimes the best form of defence is attack...(the art of war).

Hence I do any and all maps atm...(might change that as I rise in the ranks tho). Ofc there is fear, ofc there is rage when I rip...But underneath it all I think over time one still progresses, regardless of risk.

My main aim atm is to get Zana to 8...and tick another Perandus challenge (she is already 8 in standard).. 812k into a 1450 level....and only 8 days to go...should just do the lab....but not a fan.
It's funny how my rules with strongboxes changed over time.

Before 90
-OPEN ALL STRONGBOXES

After 90
-AVOID EM ALL except for Gemcutters or Cartographer's. If I roll a 'Detonate nearby corpses', I lure em away. I avoid "Freezing" ones or reroll em with currency. I also avoid ones that spawn mobs with "Otherworldly" stat since I don't enjoy Haast popping up for a surprise.

I didn't do much grinding today, sitting at 50something % to 91. Running blue maps is such a nice change in pace.
The only ones I've stopped clicking lately are the Rogue Exile ones, because it lags the ever living shit out of me. Snuck up to 90% last night.

Last 10% of the level I start spamming Gorges so should be smooth sailing to 99.
Got to 93 finally. :D

Now it's time to relax a bit and grind some more fragments. I might get sidetracked by Prophecy too, not decided if I'm gonna jump on that or not but knowing myself too well - I doubt I'll be able to ignore it.

Map situation is pretty bad, I dug a major hole into my T10 stash to get to 93. It wasn't big to begin with, obviously. :)

@Sh_dow:

"...you can never know if you have truly looked for a Mirror if you dont kill every monster, open every chest and roll every rock in a map..."

Yeah, that's me alright.. ;p

TL;DR: 93.0 - happy, entertained, relaxed.
"
Ceri wrote:
Got to 93 finally. :D

Now it's time to relax a bit and grind some more fragments. I might get sidetracked by Prophecy too, not decided if I'm gonna jump on that or not but knowing myself too well - I doubt I'll be able to ignore it.

Map situation is pretty bad, I dug a major hole into my T10 stash to get to 93. It wasn't big to begin with, obviously. :)

@Sh_dow:

"...you can never know if you have truly looked for a Mirror if you dont kill every monster, open every chest and roll every rock in a map..."

Yeah, that's me alright.. ;p

TL;DR: 93.0 - happy, entertained, relaxed.

Gz!

That's gonna be rough for me too, I'm excited for Silver Coin League so it's time for another Level 9x that I'll have to finish later :/
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 26, 2016, 9:15:33 AM
Great to see everyone posting.

I'd love to be relaxed while I map, but I'm always anxious of ripping - sometimes playing at 97 with the hope of reaching 100
feels like I'm playing hardcore. I always played HC in other games, and tbh mid/late nineties feels like HC lol.

Been doing my usual thing. Interesting to see everyone doing so well ... and the ongoing strongbox debate.
If I rip to something, like strongboxes, I tend to avoid them. A boss rips me - I avoid - some map mods that have ripped me ie:
I HATE 3 extra projectiles. I'll scour that map.

Still running blue 10s some 11s.

Beginning of a level feels real slow, but fun.

GL and good thoughts to everyone.

97 7%

Turnip
Ceri - Congrats on 93!

Turnip - Yeah after I thought about it, that was foolish of me to open that box...getting some gems worth a few chaos isn't worth the risk of losing 10% exp.

Speaking of which...I'm curious to see how the exp penalty will be changed...up or down? Either way getting to 97 before 2.3.0 is now mandatory...

Has anyone thought about how the Ascendency tree changes will affect their builds and grinding? Looks like my Pathfinder is getting buffed (YES!) so getting those last 2 points will really take my build to a whole new level. So I'm sure the new final lab will be a ballbuster, but failure is not an option. :)

I'm still at 96.50%...getting a little low on good maps...but Tier 12 maps are only around 12-15 chaos...I think I may have to purchase a few so I can start my final path to 97 grind sessions.
Hi Sas

You're doing good. I wouldn't pressure yourself to reach 97 by a given time, it will add stress etc.

Why do you feel the need to lvl to 97 before patch. If they nerf stuff, you'll still need to get to 98 and beyond.
Btw, I don't understand the 'I don't buy maps rule' this solo levelling is hard as s*** as it is. Why not buy maps?

Best

Turnip

Edit: imo avoiding strong boxes is a good strat unless you can GUARANTEE not ripping :D
Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 26, 2016, 11:36:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info