... Snail Time ...

Wait wait, caught between 2 two-headed dogs?

"caught"?

Are you saying you've been running maps as a non-super-ranged build without a movement skill??
Last edited by codetaku on May 16, 2016, 4:28:56 PM
5% to 97...whew...I think I have offended Rngesus or something because I think the game wants me dead...here is what happening to me in less than an hour of playing:

1) Ran a Precinct map and encounter my most hated foe - The Smiley B***hole S**tspitter...and while trying to dodge his explosions I keep seeing my life plummet...and when it drops to around 20% I get worried but keep spamming my crazy refill legacy flasks. Then I see the little aura around him...he's got a DAMN REFLECT MOD! And hitting me with explosions...stupid little jerk. I take him out but it was so close...then find a Shipyard map (yay!) and decide to run it...

2) Map is going great...then I see Vorici and I always accept his missions since my character destroys Rogues quickly with next to no risk. I accept the mission and then suddenly the Rogue and his minions almost DROP ON MY DAMN HEAD and luckily I have quick reflexes and they were all around me (I hadn't even moved) but I gave them a full on COC assault and the Rogue was instantly dead (burst damage?) and the rest were gone in a second or two...but I did take some damage.

This was weird since I got Vorici to Level 8 months ago and I've done hundreds of his missions and this has NEVER happened...WTF?!?!?!

Anyway...just ran a Springs map with double bosses (yeah, I know)...and I'm in a perfect spot blasting both of the Alira clones and paying close attention to their life bars but I know I'm out of range for a dreaded Boss DD attack...so I kill the first one and what does #2 do even though I'm raining Freezing Pulse and Arctic Breath salvos in her face...she blows up the corse of her twin as soon as it is on the ground...lol...I knew she'd probably try but I didn't think she'd do it so fast! I was well out of range and I know this is something to watch out for but it was still another attempt to kill me...but the 2nd one died soon after so it was all for naught, lol. :D

Anyway...that was my first hour...and I think it's time for a break...holy hole in a donut Batman...this ain't looking for so far. ^_^
Ack! RIP'd at 7%!!! :( :(

Damn Summoner with Reflect...I usually can wipe them out no problem and counteract the damage...but I noticed one was damaging me bad earlier...but this one just drained my health and then - SPLAT! Weird since I now have 300 more HP...WTF?

Anyway...I think I will be avoiding reflect Rare foes in the future...not a big loss but it still sucks.
Hmm...considering making another equipment change to boost HP by another 300+...but still debating...hmm...ack...anyway, back to mapping...stupid reflect...I haven't died to it...months it seems.

0% and climbing. :D
Ok, back to 3%...lol...still debating my equipment changes...but my life is up by 700 which seems a good thing. Back to mapping tomorrow...;)
I just reached 97. Took me hell lot of effort. At least my 100% no death strategy worked. Hp never fell below 10% all the way from 96 to 97. Going to reward myself with some dessert now!
I am in no way close to you lots but I'm pretty proud of surviving solo till now. Casual me has reached 89, 1 more lvl and I finally hit the good ol' 90. Do you guys ever get those days were your map runs are bad and you RIP once or twice? I hate those days.
Well RIP can happen and at our level one RIP means one or two hours of gameplay wasted. At level 99, that would be half a day of gameplay wasted. Reaching level 90 from 89 is really not that much of pain, should be doable within 3 hours.
Ah sadly I'm not that fast hahaha(wish I was though). It doesn't help that I run cyclone haha. What map tiers do you spam if you don't mind me asking?
75-78.

Anything above this range is unsustainable. Anything below this range almost gives you zero experience.
Of course I will reward myself with occasional 79-80 runs if they do drop.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

I've tried going back to running all Rare maps...but I still run into the same problems. I've ran map after map with crazy mods even while wearing my MF gear and some or most of the time, I don't get many good maps. And then strange things happen like this past weekend when I ran a blue T10 map with moderate mods (+15 pack size) and had 7 maps drop...T11, 2 T10s and four Arid Lakes...it was an Ima True Believer in RnGeezer moment. The only thing I've noticed that sustains my map pool is to just keep running blue after blue...buying good T9s, 10s and 11s from Zana...I have tons of less desirable higher end maps...and the good ones I run immediately.

But if anyone has thoughts on how to sustain a red map pool...I'm all ears. :D

A few misconceptions here. Firstly, your MF gear means nothing to your map pool. Unless you are thinking of currency drops which you can use to buy maps. You could wear a billion% quantity in gear and get no more map drops - because it doesn't affect map drops.

All rare maps is not the hard part of sustaining maps, just the first step. Single or even multiple hard mods doesn't mean that much either. Sustaining red maps means trying for 2-3 pack size rolls. Every time. Heck, if you can get to 50% pack size, yer winning. Every map! Yep, sustaining is just spending a crapload of currency. GGG cares less about you running -max res with multiple +100% or over ele dmg mods than if you run things with temp chains. Cause game more fun/challenging in slow mo ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info