... Snail Time ...

"
Deadpeng wrote:
Well RIP can happen and at our level one RIP means one or two hours of gameplay wasted...

We not all share the same situations. For me, a death means at least 2 days lost.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Zana spawned in ledge, opened a lvl69 village ruin. Eh, it's just lvl69, I'm lvl93 I bet I could take the boss no problem. Go in, kill the turkey, the dog jumps on me and kills me in 1 hit. Not ever doing that again.
"
Zana spawned in ledge, opened a lvl69 village ruin. Eh, it's just lvl69, I'm lvl93 I bet I could take the boss no problem. Go in, kill the turkey, the dog jumps on me and kills me in 1 hit. Not ever doing that again.

When you kill one, the other enrages. Bring both to less than 10% then instakill with culling strike if you don't have enough damage to melt them immediately. They still hit hard but they don't oneshot.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 17, 2016, 7:23:09 AM
@outspokened - great to see a new poster. Gratz on 90! Keep going and see how the early 90s are.

SasoriOtoko - I ripped early twice on 95, both under 3% - a hint. When you finish a level, you;re all - oh great leveled, now I'm going to have some fun. Then you muck around and go crazy becaause you have so little exp on the new lvl. It's good to go slow when starting a new lvl. It's a bit like when I used to play poker. If you win a big hand, you have to stay as staedy as if you've just lost one. Same with POE, take it easy after winning a level, or you'll rip early, which is okay, but will slow you down.

LightningStars gratz on 93 - keep going!

Deadpeng - 97 - that was fast!

Bars - thanks for giving us some good advice!

Good to see everyone's progress.

Finished at 96 40% last night. Good to get a 'free' level as this is as fast as 95, but I'm dreading a rip of course.
Map pool ok. Nerves are kicking in as I've got some exp.

Good luck to all!

Turnip
Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 17, 2016, 8:25:06 AM
"
Learnt my lesson when I first met em. I lure one of them out then it's all good.

I find the turkey deadlier than the dog tbh. That trap + ROA combo ain't fun to deal with.
I know about the enrage I would never run village ruin in most cases. But I thought a lvl69 version of it would be easy compared to the lvl80 default. But nope, 10k armor, 5.8k EHP, 78% block and the stupid dog kills me in one hit
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
Spoiler
@outspokened - great to see a new poster. Gratz on 90! Keep going and see how the early 90s are.

SasoriOtoko - I ripped early twice on 95, both under 3% - a hint. When you finish a level, you;re all - oh great leveled, now I'm going to have some fun. Then you muck around and go crazy becaause you have so little exp on the new lvl. It's good to go slow when starting a new lvl. It's a bit like when I used to play poker. If you win a big hand, you have to stay as staedy as if you've just lost one. Same with POE, take it easy after winning a level, or you'll rip early, which is okay, but will slow you down.

LightningStars gratz on 93 - keep going!

Deadpeng - 97 - that was fast!

Bars - thanks for giving us some good advice!

Good to see everyone's progress.

Finished at 96 40% last night. Good to get a 'free' level as this is as fast as 95, but I'm dreading a rip of course.
Map pool ok. Nerves are kicking in as I've got some exp.

Good luck to all!

Turnip

Oh I haven't hit 90 yet but thanks for the encouragement. 50% more and I hit 90 :)!
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
5% to 97...whew...I think I have offended Rngesus or something because I think the game wants me dead...here is what happening to me in less than an hour of playing:

1) Ran a Precinct map and encounter my most hated foe - The Smiley B***hole S**tspitter...and while trying to dodge his explosions I keep seeing my life plummet...and when it drops to around 20% I get worried but keep spamming my crazy refill legacy flasks. Then I see the little aura around him...he's got a DAMN REFLECT MOD! And hitting me with explosions...stupid little jerk. I take him out but it was so close...then find a Shipyard map (yay!) and decide to run it...

2) Map is going great...then I see Vorici and I always accept his missions since my character destroys Rogues quickly with next to no risk. I accept the mission and then suddenly the Rogue and his minions almost DROP ON MY DAMN HEAD and luckily I have quick reflexes and they were all around me (I hadn't even moved) but I gave them a full on COC assault and the Rogue was instantly dead (burst damage?) and the rest were gone in a second or two...but I did take some damage.

This was weird since I got Vorici to Level 8 months ago and I've done hundreds of his missions and this has NEVER happened...WTF?!?!?!

Anyway...just ran a Springs map with double bosses (yeah, I know)...and I'm in a perfect spot blasting both of the Alira clones and paying close attention to their life bars but I know I'm out of range for a dreaded Boss DD attack...so I kill the first one and what does #2 do even though I'm raining Freezing Pulse and Arctic Breath salvos in her face...she blows up the corse of her twin as soon as it is on the ground...lol...I knew she'd probably try but I didn't think she'd do it so fast! I was well out of range and I know this is something to watch out for but it was still another attempt to kill me...but the 2nd one died soon after so it was all for naught, lol. :D

Anyway...that was my first hour...and I think it's time for a break...holy hole in a donut Batman...this ain't looking for so far. ^_^

True story: I was at 99.9% from lvl 90-91, at the end of an orchard map, so I figured I'd sit it out and let my guildmate solo... The devourer boss popped up downstairs. I am not pulling your leg, scout's honor, cross my heart, etc.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Turniphead2 wrote:

Turnip,

Yeah, for sure I do that...but what is odd is that I have mowed down countless Reflect modded rares and while I've seen my life drop, it has never been all that close as my legacy Eternal flask can refill the life almost instantly. Then after getting the level and changing my armour (only lost a little stun recovery and chaos resist but gained about 310 life) suddenly one reflect monster nearly kills me, while the next one destroys me?

Only other change was a jewel that gave me 4% more attack speed...but again, my life was up by quite a bit. Perhaps the maps had the right kind of mods to cause more damage and I've just been insanely lucky so far...I think I will start avoiding reflect foes from now on. Since I'm doing a lot of small hits even if I pepper one a few times it won't cause too much damage, but when I focus all of my assault on one foe the DPS ramps up very quickly.

So the moral of this story is simple:

1) No taking on crazy bosses!
2) Stick with blue maps!
3) No, and I mean NO STRONGBOXES (waaah)
4) No reflect monsters!

DHMcGhee - Yeah that Orchard boss is straight out of the 7th level of hell. When I was first playing a guildie and I tried to take him on and he killed us both in painful shame. We resurrected and were standing outside the entrance to his lair talking about how strong he was, should we try again and then the mofo POPS UP OUTSIDE OF HIS CHAMBER and kills us both again. I saw that happen during many map runs...just way too overpowered for his level and DOES NOT stay in his chamber (maybe fixed since 1.3?)...I avoid him like the plague. :D

Shock and Horror...now that boss is nasty...but I love facetanking him. Some times he gets me...but many times he does not. My high regen Occultist can eat his laser and still regen...lol...I love doing that. 8)

Speaking of which...do the rest of you take on any (or all) bosses while grinding? These are the map bosses I will always kill to try and get maps:

Arid Lake (very easy)
Gorge (easy)
Plateau (very easy)
Bazaar (is this a boss? LOL)
Chateau (easy, but can be dangerous)
Underground River (pathetic)
Precinct (a bit risky...she can be deadly)
Springs (carefully)
Arsenal (pathetic)
Shipyard (easy)

For any other red map I portal in my Occultist to kill the boss...but it does slow you down (but map drops are worth it).

I could probably take on most others...but it is just too risky (Academy boss - I'm looking AT YOU!) :-)
@Outspokened. Gl with getting to 90 and beyond :)

Yea Academy boss sucks. I avoid.

All other bosses seems like I agree with the difficulty rating.

Turnip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info