[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

Great build man. Thanks. I have been able to do almost everything with this build. I still struggle with Atziri when she clones, but that might just be because I don't know the mechanics of the fight that well.
Things I've done this far:
Maps tier 14
Pale court
Atziri (once)
Vinktar square
Uber lab

Got my 6 link yesterday, and also crafted 2 rings today which should be great for this build.
Spoiler

A bit unsure about what I should do with the rings. Exalt or multi mod them.

Last edited by Spinalicious on Aug 10, 2016, 7:47:47 AM
Hi Mariano, my last Max-Block Gladiator was at Perandus, at that time DPS was very poor at end game maps.

My idea it's build something around Ancestral Warchief, I have 6-Link Carcass Jack, can buy Soul Taker, Aegis Aurora and +12 chance to block Anvil (it's very cheap at Prophecy right now).

My main concern it's gettin Ancestral Bond, this node it's very far away and will loose some points in the way.

Do you test Ancestral Warchief? DPS?, I think A.W. + 50% bleeding chance from Gladiator will be awesome.

Currency it's not problem so, what do you think?
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Welp, I just found my build for Essence HC league. Can't wait to get this guy up and running!
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
unhappymeal wrote:
Any thoughts on how Wild Strike would perform with this build? It would probably give you better clear speed than Cleave or Sunder, and you could switch to a physical attack for elemental reflect maps.

Initially, seems that Wild Strike will perform good with this build. Imo, main attack is really versatile here, because this build is based around full block capabilities, not an specific main attack. I give four different options, but clearly any melee attack that benefits from BoR implicit support gems, could work.
"
Moridin79 wrote:
Welp, I just found my build for Essence HC league. Can't wait to get this guy up and running!

Yes! after reading AoW expansion content I decided to make this build again as league starter. I can't wait to try it against 19 new bosses and 30 new maps!
"
Spinalicious wrote:
Great build man. Thanks. I have been able to do almost everything with this build. I still struggle with Atziri when she clones, but that might just be because I don't know the mechanics of the fight that well.
Things I've done this far:
Maps tier 14
Pale court
Atziri (once)
Vinktar square
Uber lab

Got my 6 link yesterday, and also crafted 2 rings today which should be great for this build.
Spoiler

A bit unsure about what I should do with the rings. Exalt or multi mod them.

Really glad you like it and works for you!

Don't forget Ruby & Rise of the Phoenix when dealing with Atziri.

About rings, I usually prefer Coral Ring base for this build, seems to me more interesting getting the additional life than some extra DPS, but, both options are good enough.
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Hi Mariano, my last Max-Block Gladiator was at Perandus, at that time DPS was very poor at end game maps.

My idea it's build something around Ancestral Warchief, I have 6-Link Carcass Jack, can buy Soul Taker, Aegis Aurora and +12 chance to block Anvil (it's very cheap at Prophecy right now).

My main concern it's gettin Ancestral Bond, this node it's very far away and will loose some points in the way.

Do you test Ancestral Warchief? DPS?, I think A.W. + 50% bleeding chance from Gladiator will be awesome.

Currency it's not problem so, what do you think?

Hi! I don't know how your max block build works in Perandus, but DPS are pretty good with this build for end game. Of course, is not an offensive based build, but DPS are good enough.

About Ancestral Warchief + Ancestral Bond with this build, I just can't see it. I feel like using Ancestral Bond is important enough to make the build completely totem based.

And I don't know if using a totem based build, is important enough to have full block capabilities.

I only used AW for getting the extra MORE melee damage when needed. Can't say how your idea could work.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Yes! after reading AoW expansion content I decided to make this build again as league starter. I can't wait to try it against 19 new bosses and 30 new maps!

Same here! What attack will you be going with? I'm going cleave because I've never really used it before.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Hey man! Have few qusetions for you.

1) Lvling with 1h seems like pain in the ass, any ideas to get it faster or uniq sabre works good?

2) Is that nessecary to use 6l body armour with aegis or still can be usable with BOR ? We will lose hp ofc, but its should be a problem for max block.

3) Any ideas u want to add/try at new league with this build?
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

Same here! What attack will you be going with? I'm going cleave because I've never really used it before.

First time I made this build I used Static Strike & Reave (w/ Varunastra in Perandus). Now I guess I will try using EQ all the way. But surely I will level all gems needed to try different attacks: Lacerate, Wild Strike, Sunder, EQ, Cleave, Shield Charge (as main attack, so much fun).

Switching attacks all the time while mapping helps me against boredom and I wish to improve this guide with more main skill options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info