[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

yeah, with Legacy Gear and a high budget you can achieve pretty good dps while maintaining awesome defenses.

i am currently at 82% block chance (Tempest Shield and Violent Retaliation boost my chance to the cap very reliably), 8k life, Crab Barriers, Endurance Charges ect

currently trying Aspect of the Crab from my ring, its pretty nice extra mitigation. could switch to Carapace as my chest or The Perfect Form (for Spell Dodge and Arctic Armour), not sure yet tho.
Last edited by DrDurdle on Oct 15, 2018, 9:20:15 AM
"
DrDurdle wrote:
yeah, with Legacy Gear and a high budget you can achieve pretty good dps while maintaining awesome defenses.

i am currently at 82% block chance (Tempest Shield and Violent Retaliation boost my chance to the cap very reliably), 8k life, Crab Barriers, Endurance Charges ect

currently trying Aspect of the Crab from my ring, its pretty nice extra mitigation. could switch to Carapace as my chest or The Perfect Form (for Spell Dodge and Arctic Armour), not sure yet tho.

Hi and thank you for replying,
since i'm following your setup most likely, would you mind posting your skill tree as well? I want to check if there is something i could improve there... ty :-)

p.s. congrats for that awesome gear!
Last edited by DrDurdle on Oct 15, 2018, 4:29:48 PM
"
DrDurdle wrote:

Ok now i see: your setup is much more dps-oriented, but still achieving great overall defences, the gear your have is obviously helping. Looking at your tree i got some good ideas that i want to try out, and see if i get an improvement even with my standard gear.

One more question: u said u picked up Outmatch and Outlast ascendency, wouldn't be better picking Blood in the eyes? I find myself already at full frenzy and endurance charges, so the increased 10%damage shouldn't match blind and bleeding + increased maim overall... am i wrong?

Again, thank you so much for your suggestions :-)
Blood in the eyes isn't good for bosses but is better for map clearing, situational.
I'm over 220k HO dps, 6k life and 82% block but gear is about as good i can get.
Having said that it still doesn't give enough DPS to make Shaper fight easily doable so for me this build is dead.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Blood in the eyes isn't good for bosses but is better for map clearing, situational.
I'm over 220k HO dps, 6k life and 82% block but gear is about as good i can get.
Having said that it still doesn't give enough DPS to make Shaper fight easily doable so for me this build is dead.

Shaper is pretty much a dps test and i agree that a Maxblock Gladiator isnt the best char to pass it.
that beeing said, you could build/gear for that boss fight as well.
crit BF with a good enough 1hd phys dps sword, Abyssus ect should be sufficient.

looking forward to do Delves with my Maxblock Glad tho. i didnt have the time or patience to level one in League, but my STD goon is rdy to test the mines.

this build is amazing i promise you! the no manaw/e from the weapon is wonderfull ! so fun
And still my on of my favorite builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info