[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
PlayArcher wrote:
Hey man! Have few qusetions for you.

1) Lvling with 1h seems like pain in the ass, any ideas to get it faster or uniq sabre works good?

2) Is that nessecary to use 6l body armour with aegis or still can be usable with BOR ? We will lose hp ofc, but its should be a problem for max block.

3) Any ideas u want to add/try at new league with this build?

Hi,

1) I don't like the levelling process, is just too boring for me. So, I assume that my general advices about levelling are poor. I can only say that levelling this way is good enough for not dying in the process and using a reasonable amount of time. In AoW I will do the levelling process again, so any improvement I found I will write it on the guide. If you have any suggestion, I will really appreciate it.

2) 6L and/or Aegis are NOT mandatory in any way. During Perandus I did almost all end game content using BoR and works great. I added 6L + Aegis section for two reasons: first, a lot of people ask about using 6L or Aegis, so I decided to make a section about it, and second, after getting all your gear for BoR, there's no real improvement for this build unless you start using Aegis for better survivability. Choosing Aegis, best way to improve that is getting a better ES pool, so exchanging BoR for a 6L seems the right choice.

3) Well, I'm waiting for patch notes for that. A release is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get... But assuming that nothing changes for this particular build, I guess I will try another 1H weapons and main attack skills (I played this build with Varunastra during Perandus league).
Leveling normal, go aoe.
a good synergy are Dreadarc axe (curse flammability on hit) with molten strike.
(recipe axe is another way)
Use ancestoral protector, link melee splash and later attack speed from act 2.
Rush to island for quicksilver flask.
dont stay much only kill big packs.
Upgrade health flasks before brutus.
act 1 mervil use cold defense rings.
act 2 use lightning defense rings for chamber of sins.
act 2 for vaal fight use lightning defense rings

Since your tanky in normal and even in hardcore you can rush ahead and level fast.
act 2 upgrade flasks and gear as you go.
act 3 is when you might need to check resists a bit and make HP on gear a priority.
HP + resist on gear is what I focus on here in act 3 going to act 4.
Act 3 Piety use cold resist defense rings.
Do library act 3 for fortify etc...
Dominus recomended HP flask with remove bleeding and lightning resist rings.

Overall the main hurdles for Normal to act 4.

Time to get to Brutus 20min or so
Time to clear Vaal act 2 around an hour and half.
Time to clear dominus act 3 around 2 and a half hour.
Thats on hardcore with dredarc and goldrim.
I suspect on a fresh league with no gear a slight time difference but not much.

Malachai, get hp up and move around, your a bee in the face of the evil, so attack and move.

act 4 HP + resists gear and such.

Cruel same thing just more focus on maxing resists and HP.
Upgrade weapons and link gems to skills along the way.

I start to use earthquake instead of the molten skill at lev 28.
Personal choice.
Last edited by skjutengris on Aug 23, 2016, 12:42:55 PM
Can I do this build without either a soultaker or the Vanustra sword? I have yellow Axe im using atm.

I just bought the Bringer of Rain and will prolly get a resist shield for now untill i can get decent rings and stuff.

BTW, testing the build in HC cause i will do the next league in HC. So far I have been mostly self found with a few cheap uniques purchased along the way. Im lvl 68 atm and I rate this biuld is great for HC so far.
So, i'm getting super hyped and prepping my build for next league.
If it isn't evident by that first line; i'll be adopting your build because it suits my playstyle so well. I love tanky builds, but they have usually come at the expense of having bad damage or bad clear speed. Yours seems to solve this; so i'm willing to give it a try :)

A few things(that probably have been mentioned in the past, but i'd just like further clarification)

I'm probably going to look into using Lacerate as a main skill.

Onto the subject of belts. How much of a hit, survivability wise would using Doryani's Invitation over a trires/life/ele damage rustic sash be? I imagine the latter being a hell of a lot more expensive, and I try to play SSF as much as I can(barring build-mandatory uniques), as stupid as that sounds. It's going to be like roughly a ~50 flat HP loss when you take into account the +Str on doryani's right? Seems well worth the trade-off for me.

Thanks for the build, and cheers for any help you provide :)
IGN: RezotA
Great! I will start AoW league with this build too (last time was Perandus). Can't wait to play all new content!

About Lacerate, I will try it too.

Regarding belt, my suggestion about Rustic Sash is not mandatory at all. Maybe you don't need tri res in belt and elemental damage increase is not that important. And yes, Doryani's is a good option too.
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Can I do this build without either a soultaker or the Vanustra sword? I have yellow Axe im using atm.

I just bought the Bringer of Rain and will prolly get a resist shield for now untill i can get decent rings and stuff.

BTW, testing the build in HC cause i will do the next league in HC. So far I have been mostly self found with a few cheap uniques purchased along the way. Im lvl 68 atm and I rate this biuld is great for HC so far.

So glad to see so many HC players using this build!

About weapon, I choosed Soul Taker or Varunastra because it seems to me the best options for getting the most DPS I can get from this build without a big budget. But are not mandatory at all. Without changing anything, you could use any other great rare axe.

Just consider how to solve mana issues. You will need to choose between AA or HoA and you will need mana leech from gloves and/or rings.
@skjutengris:

Really appreciated your detailed leveling description. During AoW league I will level this build again, and my intention is to improve the actual Leveling Tips Section. Your reply will be really helpful.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
@skjutengris:

Really appreciated your detailed leveling description. During AoW league I will level this build again, and my intention is to improve the actual Leveling Tips Section. Your reply will be really helpful.

Well your really tanky so Normal act 1 is basically a rush trough either on sf or hc.
did kaom and daresso and both were easy to do.
and your welcome.

I figure I do softcore for AOW, I still find hardcore a hit or miss with the engine and lag even with this type of a more bulletproof avatar..
Is Soul Taker relatively rare? I see its price is 45c+ (25c+ if include all offline users) and I haven't seen one dropped during Prophecy league yet :-)
"
vbvan wrote:
Is Soul Taker relatively rare?

It is.
I would plan first without it and try to chance orbs with white siege axe still ultra rare rng tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info