[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Arawh wrote:
When is a good time to do merci and uber lab?
25,6k dps conc Eartquake with all auras on (~70k considering the aftershock)
9k armor, 4,2k life. I still fear that one of izaro's attacks wont be blocked and he'll oneshot me as well as me having not enough damage :/

Spoiler
I did this char for Perandus league. Now, I wasn't able to get Uber lab trials from Standard to test it (2 trials after +100 maps, just can't believe it), so regrettably, all I will say is based on other players opinions or general considerations:

- I assume your char is Myseltainn, I guess you will be able to do Merciless lab without any problem.
- Actually, my EQ (w/ Concentrated Effect) DPS are 50.5K, so, there's a long way for improvement in your damage. After a quick look, these are my suggestions:
1. Take Retaliation, is just one more point and truly great.
2. Except for jewel in Duelist area, the remaining three are pretty poor (specially two of them with no damage stats at all). Take Ancestral Knowledge if you need INT or look for rings with it (and missing resistances)
3. Remaining points until level 90 will really improve your DPS: Berserking, Hatchet Master and nodes from Marauder start area.
- Try to cap your physical damage reduction when you need it against Izaro. Use Granite and Jade flasks (maybe both together if you need it). And don't try to facetank him until you're sure you can handle it. If you run out of flasks, hit & run.
- Imo, problem with Izaro is not one-hit that doesn't get blocked. Problem is one hit not being blocked plus crit with high multi. For that shot, you need granite/jade flask.
- For Uber lab, just consider that last ascendancy point is really helpful if you go for Aegis + 6L, not before. So my suggestion is that you wait, continue mapping and when you feel like you want to do the final upgrade for your char using Aegis, then try Uber Izaro.

Thx. I know about retaliation, I got it when I reached 82. Brute force is irreplaceable for me. I can get the 111 int required for gems without having to fiddle with int on gear so I can focus better on life, res and phys dmg, in fact I was nearly quitting before acknowledging the existance of that jewel Lol

I overestimated izaro. Merci lab was very easy

What do you think is the best attack skill?

"

Hi, I check your char profile. Everything looks great.

I got 40K EQ DPS with PtL (and Hatred plus HoA), I assume that the difference is because you consider your DPS without auras. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong! :)
With auras dps is at 39,5k

thank you for the tips !
"
asdas111 wrote:
what do you think about lacerate?
do you think i can substitute listed 4 main attack skills with lacerate?
i picked one up on the way and loving it now

Quote previous reply about this:

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Ohznip wrote:
And got another little question, this build can work too with lacerate ?

Yes. Basically, you just need an attack that works as melee for taking advantage of implicit support gems on BoR. I don't test it, but I guess setup will be similar to Cleave:

Lacerate + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect.

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
SEANIMAL wrote:

Loving the build just getting the rest of my gear was wondering which belt should I use, or just get a new one.

Edit. Was wondering about these gloves aswell.

Also Craft Increase Armour for the Titan gauntlets later.

Which gloves would be best or find something new aswell.

Hi, great you like the build!

About your gear, I suggest you look for a new Rustic Sash ideally with Inc. Elemental Damage with Weapons, and life/resist of course. If not, I stay with rare Heavy Belt. I don't like Doryani's for this build, because you loose too much life from belt.

Your Viper Fingers are excellent gloves. You got max AS plus good life/resist. Thanks to IR, you get great Armour too.

Alright thank you for the response I didnt know if the Viper Fingers are good enough, as i know IR has evasion rating to armour but didnt know if it actually worked with these gloves i had, its great that i dont have to find gloves because you said they are excellent. I did get a new belt
Last edited by SEANIMAL on Jul 29, 2016, 12:33:37 PM
Nice gear! Basically, with IR, evasion gives you more armour than armour itself.
"
Arawh wrote:

Thx. I know about retaliation, I got it when I reached 82. Brute force is irreplaceable for me. I can get the 111 int required for gems without having to fiddle with int on gear so I can focus better on life, res and phys dmg, in fact I was nearly quitting before acknowledging the existance of that jewel Lol

I overestimated izaro. Merci lab was very easy

What do you think is the best attack skill?

I played this build in Perandus League using exclusively Static Strike. I choose that because imo, for single target damage, is truly better than the rest.

At the beginning, this guide was based only in SS too. But then, I realize that maybe I'm the only one playing POE that likes SS, so I tested some other skills.

I found Sunder/EQ/Cleave as best options but all of them are pretty different between them. If I have to choose, I can say that Sunder is the most enjoyable for me, but I think EQ/Cleave with hot swap for blue gem are the best in overall performance.
"
xevven wrote:
Hey guys

I'm looking for optimization on this build please.
You can check my characters if u like

Bear in mind I play hardcore :-)

Hi, after a quick look, some suggestions:

- If you have the currency, go for Aegis+6L for improved survivability in HC. In that case, you need to exchange Devotion for Tireless (same life but near to Sanctuary).
- Imo, Lioneye's Remorse is mandatory. Such great stats for 1-2c.
- You use Poacher's Mark, for FC generation I assume. But, you already got Blood Rage. Why not taking Warlord's Mark for leech plus EC generation?
- And then, remove ECoMS and use Vengeance for additional counter-attack triggers (remember both have cooldowns).
- I understand that you're comfortable with your flask setup, but I found myself two life flasks truly mandatory. And between Granite/Jade/Basalt, I choose Granite plus Jade because not only they stack (all do), but they have two uses before refill and Basalt just one.
I have a question.
I realized that BoR i have is the legacy one
So i have 9 more percent on block from BoR
Could you give me any idea on that? Like moving some passive points and all
Sorry if question's a little vague...
Quote previous reply about this:

"
With legacy BoR I only see two important changes:

- You have +9% Block Chance thanks to BoR legacy stats, so you will not need the two jewels with +1% Block Chance. At the same time, you could remove Solidity cluster and use that three points for increased defensive/offensive stats.
- Legacy BoR has a poor Endurance Charge generation chance (10% against 20% with current version). For that, maybe you need to make some changes to improve your EC generation. You can read about this in the 6L + Aegis section of this guide. But basically you could go for Riposte + Melee Splash + Stun + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun combo or exchange Enfeeble with Warlord's Mark curse.
So I have a question. If I use Sunder and I get Gratuitous Violence will that mean my Sunder has a chance to make enemies bleed unlike Static Strike or does it not apply for some reason?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info