[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
fallenwar7 wrote:
Thanks for this build, it's been a blast. A great league starter. 85 level now, done up to +12 maps and never died to a single boss or any pack. Just died a few times at uber the trials for not being too careful. Looking for ways to gain more clear-speed with static strike. You guys have any ideas? Would chance to shock on jewels make a difference?

Thanks again.

Great! About shock, calculation is based on damage from one hit. This build has a lot of APS, but not so high damage from a single hit, so shock threshold seems difficult to achieve. Quote wiki:

"
The base duration of shock is 60 ms for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Lightning damage, up to a maximum of 50%.[1] The minimum shock duration is 300 ms, meaning that lightning damage of less than 5% of a target's maximum life will not apply shock (increased shock duration effects notwithstanding).

If you want to apply shock on bosses, use Vaal Lightning Trap, works great.
"
Acemac79 wrote:
I am only getting to 76% block and can't figure out what I am missing? also I am lvl 80 and my damage is only at like 40k I dont get how you get to over 100?

all in all this build is really fun

You miss the 2% from Uber lab going to Violent Retaliation.

About your damage, after a quick look at your char:

- Get gems with quality on your main attack setup, level Conc. Effect for MORE damage multiplier.
- You got the worst possible roll on Soul Taker :) Divine it at least one time, can't be worst.
- Your rings are pretty bad, get flat damage on them (and life/resist of course).
- Use Atziri's Promise flask for DPS boost (and try to improve your flask overall: instant recovery, granite/jade, etc.)
- Your jewels are not even rare, upgrade them.

You have a quite some easy changes to upgrade your DPS a lot.
Have anyone used EQ on high tier maps yet? I am currently level 73, running T5-T6 maps and i feel like Earthquake is much better than static strike on pack clearing.

I am feeling like this is because i am bleeding much more mobs with EQ than SS and explosion chain clears the whole pack easily.

If you guys hate SS which I did after buying 20 Quality SS and Multistrike (Fk u namelock), I suggest you try EQ once.
Last edited by akinunal1337 on Dec 27, 2016, 11:37:34 AM
Edit Was my mistake, stupid question :D
Last edited by FuTuReTe on Dec 27, 2016, 12:45:52 PM
"
Have anyone used EQ on high tier maps yet? I am currently level 73, running T5-T6 maps and i feel like Earthquake is much better than static strike on pack clearing.

I strongly recommend Sunder for map clearing. I am playing this build on Hardcore Breach lvl 88 atm and prefer the high range and chain reactions of Sunder as I am generally not a fan of facetanking in Hardcore. I also skilled up to Amplify for more aoe and life on the way.

Last but not least I would get a Lion´s Roar. It´s a huge upgrade offensively and also defensively due to the knockback.
"
akinunal1337 wrote:

I am feeling like this is because i am bleeding much more mobs with EQ than SS and explosion chain clears the whole pack easily.

If you guys hate SS which I did after buying 20 Quality SS and Multistrike (Fk u namelock), I suggest you try EQ once.

EQ is generic 2h slow weapon skill.
However you can build it around 1h+block, but it will be far from optimal (if you base on build from this topic).

Testing it a bit around but for starters it looks like it does low damage comparing to static strike. You need completly other build for it, need more area damage, and less haste.
My tooltip went down to 51k (had 107k with static).
I dont know, i feel like EQ is better for me. Maybe this is because of i am still doing low/mid tier maps.

I tried pretty much all the skills listed on build page, and EQ is the winner for me atm. So if anyone have trouble with other skills, i suggest trying EQ once.
"
akinunal1337 wrote:
I dont know, i feel like EQ is better for me. Maybe this is because of i am still doing low/mid tier maps.

I tried pretty much all the skills listed on build page, and EQ is the winner for me atm. So if anyone have trouble with other skills, i suggest trying EQ once.

Play with it, after all fun is all that matters.
Just try to get other jewels: area damage, melee damage, % life.
Last edited by sultangurde on Dec 27, 2016, 2:52:24 PM
"
sultangurde wrote:
"
akinunal1337 wrote:

Play with it, after all fun is all that matters.
Just try to get other jewels: area damage, melee damage, % life.

Life jewels are way too expensive with 2 more useful mods. I was buying 4x useful attack stat jewels for around 10c each for huge damage boost. But yes, i need life jewels badly. Currently have 4k life. :)
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
fallenwar7 wrote:
Thanks for this build, it's been a blast. A great league starter. 85 level now, done up to +12 maps and never died to a single boss or any pack. Just died a few times at uber the trials for not being too careful. Looking for ways to gain more clear-speed with static strike. You guys have any ideas? Would chance to shock on jewels make a difference?

Thanks again.

Great! About shock, calculation is based on damage from one hit. This build has a lot of APS, but not so high damage from a single hit, so shock threshold seems difficult to achieve. Quote wiki:

"
The base duration of shock is 60 ms for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Lightning damage, up to a maximum of 50%.[1] The minimum shock duration is 300 ms, meaning that lightning damage of less than 5% of a target's maximum life will not apply shock (increased shock duration effects notwithstanding).

If you want to apply shock on bosses, use Vaal Lightning Trap, works great.

Thanks for the reply Mariano, I'll definetly try the Vaal Lightning Trap. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info