[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
barsukag wrote:
I have a few questions. Do we rely solely on Gratuitous Violence's explosions when killing trash(because 0.75 secs for proccing Static strike explosion is kinda slow) ? Will i have a big clearspeed/single target advantage(or disadvantage) utilizing 100% elemental Static strike(using Doryanis catalyst, changing Multistrike for Less duration)?

Static strike less duration has been mentioned few times as not really increasing damage. As for using other weapon then soul drinker I'm not sure how the build handles with 1 less aura (at least) and you got to stack some mana leech/regen on gear/tree.

Personally I have shitty gear (50k dps tooltip on static/30k on sunder) and I like to use sunder on clearing trash and static on bosses. Sunder kinda overlaps itself when you have a lot of targets and has a huge range. My clear speed is very good, I just shield bash from pack to pack and they pop. So far I did ice/light/fire breach bosses , normal atziri and I'm ok. Single target dps could be better but hey. At least I do not die a lot.
EDIT : I do maps, biggest achievement is doing Twin PALACE corutped 30% boss atack speed, damage and all that with my mate. He died and I just asked him to lay down when I cleared double bosses. Was not easy, but I used sunder there and worked like hell. (get 20% quality one)
Last edited by Sirrianna on Dec 26, 2016, 12:46:05 PM
"
dan166 wrote:
I tested the Surrender Shield on a Slayer with 44 block chance. The triggered reckoning + the 250 life per block instantly refilled my health pool after a big hit. Is it possible to achieve decent life leech with this build ?

As stated on previous answer before your post, this build don't rely on life leech. Survivability is based on full block A/S. Plus now you got huge life gain from The Surrender.
"
barsukag wrote:
I have a few questions. Do we rely solely on Gratuitous Violence's explosions when killing trash(because 0.75 secs for proccing Static strike explosion is kinda slow) ? Will i have a big clearspeed/single target advantage(or disadvantage) utilizing 100% elemental Static strike(using Doryanis catalyst, changing Multistrike for Less duration)?

Duration doesn't make almost any difference on Static Strike, just a little delay since you hit. GV is needed to have a decent clear speed thanks to explosions. If you have a 100% elemental damage, then you can't cause bleed and explosions don't occur. So is not recommended, only for single target against bosses.
"
Qipz wrote:
I'm currently trying this build with Reckless Defences and a Brass dome because I felt like making a brass dome build, with the surrender I could facetank fase 3 uber izaro with only 3k life!

low as fuck DPS though atm (80k~) since I still need to get my dmg nodes

fun though!

Thought about an Brass Dome setup too, but was on vacation last 2 weeks and can't afford one atm. i felt so free and take a look in your profile.

Why you use facebreakers instead of a pair good rares? And more important why you skip versatile combatant for outmatch and outcast?

Versatile Combatant grants you all attack block chance for spells too it is one of the best notable from the gladiator tree, outmatch and outlast is more a dual wield option, but in both cases never to prefer over versatile combatant in my opinion.
"
Prototype80 wrote:
Thought about an Brass Dome setup too, but was on vacation last 2 weeks and can't afford one atm. i felt so free and take a look in your profile.

Why you use facebreakers instead of a pair good rares? And more important why you skip versatile combatant for outmatch and outcast?

Versatile Combatant grants you all attack block chance for spells too it is one of the best notable from the gladiator tree, outmatch and outlast is more a dual wield option, but in both cases never to prefer over versatile combatant in my opinion.

I just turned my build into a BoR build haha, brass dome with reckless defence x5 already gave me 100% spell block, and +20% block as well to counter the -30% from brass dome.
Also using The Red Nightmare for +41% chance to gain an endurance charge on kill which sounded nice combined with outmatch and outlast.

also using facebreakers since I couldn't use my spiked gloves yet (lvl 72/73) and they had the sockets and colours I needed and ... you know how it goes sometimes..

So I ditched brass dome and got BoR, using The red nightmare for End charge on kill and block chance and now I don't need that many block nodes from the tree whilst getting a ton of res, pretty nice.
Hi! I'm level 82 and the build is going very well, I just have one question:

for single target damage, which is the best static strike setup?

Thanks for reply, happy new year!
If you use Static Strike for clearing maps and single target, then use this:

- STATIC STRIKE + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Fire Damage

If you clear maps with cleave or sunder, then use this Static Strike setup for single target:

- STATIC STRIKE + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical to Lightning

The last one is 100% elemental so you can't apply bleed.
Thanks for this build, it's been a blast. A great league starter. 85 level now, done up to +12 maps and never died to a single boss or any pack. Just died a few times at uber the trials for not being too careful. Looking for ways to gain more clear-speed with static strike. You guys have any ideas? Would chance to shock on jewels make a difference?

Thanks again.
Last edited by fallenwar7 on Dec 27, 2016, 6:59:28 AM
I am only getting to 76% block and can't figure out what I am missing? also I am lvl 80 and my damage is only at like 40k I dont get how you get to over 100?

all in all this build is really fun
Last edited by Acemac79 on Dec 27, 2016, 9:48:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info