[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
calavera_ wrote:

Grats on the jewel. When I saw it for the first time, and the nodes around, I knew this would be OP for this build.

What do you plan to get as helm and armor? Also, what will you use in your 4 extra slots? Is a linked riposte worth getting in this case or not?

So, because I'm currently going for Hybrid EV/AR I'm likely going to get a high Evasion Rare Helm with Life/Chaos res/Int/Dex of some sort. And then Get a 6L Astral plate and craft it.

Alternatively I may just grab a Lightning Coil and get Lightning Res on helmet, add fire res to my boots, scour the fire res off the amulet, and add lighting res there. This might be the best option. so then the Helmet I would want Chaos Res and Light res with INT. Getting a good int roll here will let me upgrade my other ring much more easily in the future. Right now I have 42% positive chaos res, so getting chaos res on helm is a must for me. I found that the only way I really died was from Chaos DoT stuff. NO MORE! :D

As for my 4 Links, I'm not sure yet. Once I level it to 2, I might put my two auras into helm with Enlighten and Stone Golem.

As for Riposte, I have it in my shield with CoH+Enfeeble. it and the Reckoning on the shield both proc it constantly. That's what I do with it. You could always Riposte for more damage though I guess with Melee phys+Added Fire+LL/LGoH. I kinda like this idea just for the extra defense in the leech. Don't really know. haha

TL:DR -> Lightning Coil+Helm or Astral Plate+EV Helm
4L in Helm: Riposte - Melee Physical - LL/LGoH - Added Fire/Blind
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Dec 9, 2016, 6:39:38 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
verozo wrote:
Anyone tried using Lacerate for this build? Is it viable? How fast is it?

I'm using Lacerate right now because I like the AOE spread, map clear speed is great. I changed the tree up a bit to get the Templar AOE and Life nodes.

Unbuffed in Hideout, Grace+Hatred Auras, I do 18.9k AOE DPS and 30k Conc with Lacerate, and 45k Conc with Cyclone. This is unbuffed, no flasks/Onslaught.

My Gear

passive tree lvl 83
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBIcEswUtBosKJgthDPcTTBPJFCAUTRRxFewWbxfhGJEaPhpVIOMkqib4KCovzDB3Mk426DbpPAVAoEa3R35OMlBHWfNZ_l8_X9phIWLsZFJlTWWnZlRmnmhlaPJqHmo7bNhyD3KpdO12rHk5eu982X7iggeE2YTvivCLT4-ZkveUb5d5ns2f36IApzCplayqrK-tja5Qr2y2irkdvJ-9Nr54vqfAZsC_wYLBo8T2xq7KkM9-0iHTb9l82sHiYeNq5FHpRuoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfPd9zL4Avjr-tL8S_5r?accountName=Gryphenprey&characterName=TurboFrog

You'll note that I'm using Perseverance, this is my personal preference and not really *needed* I just love having Onslaught all the time and another way to proc fortify. The damage buff is decent, I have about 6k AR/EV unbuffed, which is 20%.

When fighting tough bosses I like to swap out Lacerate+Multistrike for Cyclone+Fortify for best Defense/dps. Lacerate like to change targets all the time so single target can be meh. If boss isn't spawning mobs, then it's fine.

ALSO, I'm not using the Anvil, this is because I just picked up

thus letting me drop the Anvil and BoR (working on getting a 6L armor. haven't decided what to use yet) and use a Helm/Chest/New Amulet and still have max Block. It's by no means NEEDED just a very expensive upgrade as it gives me 13% block chance when slotted into the Marauder side start area.

Sounds great! Which tier maps are you comfortably clearing now? Do you think lacerate has the potential to clear stuff like guardians/atziri/shaper?
I've been doing T6-8 maps with this. These have been extremely easy and at this level everything kinda melts.

I did die to a 30% reduced player block chance+Extra damage+Esh breach with an indestuctible dude keeping everything alive--But, this was me being lazy and my PC freezing up bc too much going on. lol.

I have Done Atziri+Esh+Tul+End Game Izaro+End Game Argus no problem.

I'm sitting at 4,931 Life with the Ming's Heart equipped. All my of next consecutive points will be life nodes/jewel socket. So, without Mings and with a ring with 70+ life I'd have closer to 5.4k-5.5k right now. Maybe this is better? Who knows? I like the DPS boost and Chaos res from Mings. But that's my personal preference.

And I have no Idea about shaper/guardians to be honest. I've never actually attempted them. ( i took a bit of a break in the middle of last league).
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
I've been doing T6-8 maps with this. These have been extremely easy and at this level everything kinda melts.

I did die to a 30% reduced player block chance+Extra damage+Esh breach with an indestuctible dude keeping everything alive--But, this was me being lazy and my PC freezing up bc too much going on. lol.

I'm sitting at 4,931 Life with the Ming's Heart equipped. All my of next consecutive points will be life nodes/jewel socket. So, without Mings and with a ring with 70+ life I'd have closer to 5.4k-5.5k right now. Maybe this is better? Who knows? I like the DPS boost and Chaos res from Mings. But that's my personal preference.

And I have no Idea about shaper/guardians to be honest. I've never actually attempted them. ( i took a bit of a break in the middle of last league).

Do you think lacerate will be able to clear t10-t15 maps?
"
verozo wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

Do you think lacerate will be able to clear t10-t15 maps?

I don't see why not. The AOE coverage is amazing and with the Gladiator's Bleed/Corpse explosion you get a lot of chain explosions inside your AOE, which is nice. It's very good in breaches where all the explosions bring down the rares pretty quick.

But, worst case scenario, you just recolor your BoR and go EQ or something. Haha. Personally, I will switch to cyclone+Fortify over Lacerate+Multistrike for certain bosses because lacerate like to change targets a lot and you lose a lot of dps on the boss.

I haven't ventured into T10 yet (don't have any and saving my 1 T11) but the T9's are easy enough. I really don't think it'll be an issue at all to do up to t15's though.
Sounds good! I've been considering between this and dual wielding, a little worried that this might fall off in dps late game. Would be great if you can update your progress with maps in this thread :)
"
verozo wrote:
Sounds good! I've been considering between this and dual wielding, a little worried that this might fall off in dps late game. Would be great if you can update your progress with maps in this thread :)

Well, Zana just gave me a Poorjoy's Asylum map and I did it deathless with breaches. The corpse explodes help the DPS of this build for general clearing a LOT. I instant killed the boss after Chain-exploding the surrounding blues. No close calls, was a piece of cake. Yummy ;)
Someone asked this some pages ago, about the links on the shield. Actually you CAN link stuff to The Surrender, the Reckoning skill will proc it. Curse on hit + enfeeble linked to it seems to be the best, other link may be life on hit for more leech goodness, or riposte, or more damage support to reckoning. This opens up a slot to your cast when damage taken (maybe a fire golem?).
Maybe abyssus + Lightning Coil and the new jewel have better damage and 75% full block with another amulet.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

As for Riposte, I have it in my shield with CoH+Enfeeble. it and the Reckoning on the shield both proc it constantly. That's what I do with it. You could always Riposte for more damage though I guess with Melee phys+Added Fire+LL/LGoH. I kinda like this idea just for the extra defense in the leech. Don't really know. haha

TL:DR -> Lightning Coil+Helm or Astral Plate+EV Helm
4L in Helm: Riposte - Melee Physical - LL/LGoH - Added Fire/Blind

Isnt Riposte a dual wielding version of Reckoning, and as suck it doesnt work if you have shield ?
Isnt Vengeance the right skill to use ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info