[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

what do you think about using blade flurry wit this build? I love blade flurry and i want to try it on this build..not sure what supports i should use though.
Having gone through 20 builds from 70-92, this is by far my favorite build. Thanks for putting it together. At this point in my POE experience, my motto is "as lazy as possible" aka opposite of a Mathil build. Thanks to you, minimum effort for maximum fun.

I just grabbed the Surrender and am loving it even more.

Cheers and thanks again.
Anyone tried using Lacerate for this build? Is it viable? How fast is it?
"
mas_mariano wrote:
This guide is based on the Gladiator build I played on Essence & Perandus League, totally updated for Breach League. Check the following highlights to see if you're interested in:

Whats your HP whith that build?
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
calavera_ wrote:
What about that new jewel, The Red Nightmare? Fire or all res from passives gives 35% chance to block of its value. Using in the socket near barbarism and diamond skin, we get 21% all res and 29% fire res, resulting in 10% chance to block i believe? Sure, it's expensive, but that allows you to maybe focus on abyssus plus a good 6 link armor. Think of the possibilities with the new shield.

That jewel is really interesting. Could change a lot of this build because an additional 10% block chance gives a lot of flexibility on tree and gear. Is that good, that for the first time I'm thinking about the possibility to exchange The Anvil with another amulet. Of course Anvil gives you +3% to maximum block and that's great. But, having that new shield for life on block plus the additional block from that jewel, maybe is a nice tradeoff.

I will not be able to test this on the near future, I wasn't even able to start new league yet and that makes me sad.

Please all, I will really appreciate if you share your experiences while testing this new jewel.

PS: I tried a lot to fit Abyssus on this build, and other players during past leagues tried that too. All reach the same conclusion, you can't avoid random deaths, survivability is not reliable at all.

I was theorycrafting a varunastra reave build with the new shield, 6L belly, and abyssus. Even with the relative safety provided by reave's reach you think abyssus is just too much of a drawback?
wuts up with soul taker costing 1ex minimum ...
lvl 77 in hc breach and worried about hp. may skip some offensive nodes to try and go for some hp on the tree then try to get more on gear. I need over 5k for sure before tying merci/uber lab later on.
🐢
"
verozo wrote:

I'm using Lacerate right now because I like the AOE spread, map clear speed is great. I changed the tree up a bit to get the Templar AOE and Life nodes.

Unbuffed in Hideout, Grace+Hatred Auras, I do 18.9k AOE DPS and 30k Conc with Lacerate, and 45k Conc with Cyclone. This is unbuffed, no flasks/Onslaught.

My Gear

passive tree lvl 83
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBIcEswUtBosKJgthDPcTTBPJFCAUTRRxFewWbxfhGJEaPhpVIOMkqib4KCovzDB3Mk426DbpPAVAoEa3R35OMlBHWfNZ_l8_X9phIWLsZFJlTWWnZlRmnmhlaPJqHmo7bNhyD3KpdO12rHk5eu982X7iggeE2YTvivCLT4-ZkveUb5d5ns2f36IApzCplayqrK-tja5Qr2y2irkdvJ-9Nr54vqfAZsC_wYLBo8T2xq7KkM9-0iHTb9l82sHiYeNq5FHpRuoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfPd9zL4Avjr-tL8S_5r?accountName=Gryphenprey&characterName=TurboFrog

You'll note that I'm using Perseverance, this is my personal preference and not really *needed* I just love having Onslaught all the time and another way to proc fortify. The damage buff is decent, I have about 6k AR/EV unbuffed, which is 20%.

When fighting tough bosses I like to swap out Lacerate+Multistrike for Cyclone+Fortify for best Defense/dps. Lacerate like to change targets all the time so single target can be meh. If boss isn't spawning mobs, then it's fine.

ALSO, I'm not using the Anvil, this is because I just picked up

thus letting me drop the Anvil and BoR (working on getting a 6L armor. haven't decided what to use yet) and use a Helm/Chest/New Amulet and still have max Block. It's by no means NEEDED just a very expensive upgrade as it gives me 13% block chance when slotted into the Marauder side start area.

Last edited by Gryphenprey on Dec 9, 2016, 6:06:07 PM
Just got The Surrender, and i'm very satisfied. But i must ask, does it look like a plain ezomyte tower shield? Because mine is. Kinda meh. I was expecting a cool art.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
verozo wrote:

I'm using Lacerate right now because I like the AOE spread, map clear speed is great. I changed the tree up a bit to get the Templar AOE and Life nodes.

Unbuffed in Hideout, Grace+Hatred Auras, I do 18.9k AOE DPS and 30k Conc with Lacerate, and 45k Conc with Cyclone. This is unbuffed, no flasks/Onslaught.

My Gear

passive tree lvl 83
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBIcEswUtBosKJgthDPcTTBPJFCAUTRRxFewWbxfhGJEaPhpVIOMkqib4KCovzDB3Mk426DbpPAVAoEa3R35OMlBHWfNZ_l8_X9phIWLsZFJlTWWnZlRmnmhlaPJqHmo7bNhyD3KpdO12rHk5eu982X7iggeE2YTvivCLT4-ZkveUb5d5ns2f36IApzCplayqrK-tja5Qr2y2irkdvJ-9Nr54vqfAZsC_wYLBo8T2xq7KkM9-0iHTb9l82sHiYeNq5FHpRuoY7w7vfPAf8i_yQfPd9zL4Avjr-tL8S_5r?accountName=Gryphenprey&characterName=TurboFrog

You'll note that I'm using Perseverance, this is my personal preference and not really *needed* I just love having Onslaught all the time and another way to proc fortify. The damage buff is decent, I have about 6k AR/EV unbuffed, which is 20%.

When fighting tough bosses I like to swap out Lacerate+Multistrike for Cyclone+Fortify for best Defense/dps. Lacerate like to change targets all the time so single target can be meh. If boss isn't spawning mobs, then it's fine.

ALSO, I'm not using the Anvil, this is because I just picked up

thus letting me drop the Anvil and BoR (working on getting a 6L armor. haven't decided what to use yet) and use a Helm/Chest/New Amulet and still have max Block. It's by no means NEEDED just a very expensive upgrade as it gives me 13% block chance when slotted into the Marauder side start area.

Grats on the jewel. When I saw it for the first time, and the nodes around, I knew this would be OP for this build.

What do you plan to get as helm and armor? Also, what will you use in your 4 extra slots? Is a linked riposte worth getting in this case or not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info