[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Rays727 wrote:
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
I have obtained The Red Nightmare, and it doesn't actually give the full block it should, it calculates it for each node individually, so it's 13 instead of 14. Just a heads up.

I haven't seen one on Poe.trade yet. Did you buy yours or did it drop for you?

Edit: Looked at the stuff individually...geeze 6.5EX right now (4EX for blessing and 2.5 for Red Dream)

I was able to buy the jewel for 1ex 45c and the blessing for 4ex 30c, so yeah, it's pretty expensive.
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:
I have obtained The Red Nightmare, and it doesn't actually give the full block it should, it calculates it for each node individually, so it's 13 instead of 14. Just a heads up.

You are right, it is individually and it doesn't round it up, so there is 0,028 + 0,042 that would give 7% block, but in fact is 0,02 + 0,04 = 6% block so you lose 1% block. Well, still a OP gem nonetheless, 75% block is reached easily without BoR and Anvil if you so desire.
Hmm, no reply yet to my query?
"
calavera_ wrote:
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:

You are right, it is individually and it doesn't round it up, so there is 0,028 + 0,042 that would give 7% block, but in fact is 0,02 + 0,04 = 6% block so you lose 1% block. Well, still a OP gem nonetheless, 75% block is reached easily without BoR and Anvil if you so desire.

Well 75% block is easy to get without Red Nightmare anyways (I don't have it and I'm at 75% block chance). I did some quick and messy tree maths and you can free up ~5 points. Well I suppose it's technically 4 slots because the jewel slot costs 1 as well. The nice thing about the jewel though is it is a good source of endurance charges in general mapping, so you get some value beyond the block %. I do like it. I may save up myself to get it.

In my tree example I also decided I wanted the 5th jewel slot (Since I use 1 for Reckless defense, 1 for Red Nightmare, and 1 for Emperor's Mastery) for the extra DPS/utility (mana leech if not on weapon). If you're using swords the jewels are important because RT sword has few available good damage nodes.
"
TheWarguyFTW wrote:

This. The 8% Fire res from barbarism ends up being 2.8% and gets rounded down to 2 for some reason.

"
calavera_ wrote:

Nice combination you tried there. Keep us posted about your changes and what you think is better, since you got the jewel. I may get one once i switch to better gloves and rings.

Hey! So I love the changes I've made so far. The Amulet+belt combo is really nice, I'm actually tempted to switch my Last ascendancy to Outmatch and Outlast for the extra frenzy generation between packs (Even in the red maps I'm running now I don't always get hit to proc the bleed in time) as well as give me that sweet 10% More Damage and 10% damage reduction. Not sure if this is actually better than Violent Retaliation ,especially with the breaches. I get 20+ block stacks all the time so it likely isn't, but still....

Okay so changes and things!

First off, I dropped the perseverance. :(

New Belt:

Nothing fancy, life resists and flask charge reduction. I lose some DPS doing this, but I think it's a fair trade off.

New ring, DPS and life. This made up for the loss in dps from switching belts. Also allowed me to Scour off the Cold resistance from these:
and add attack speed. for MORE DEEPS.

So, I'm getting into Red maps now. I've run some precinct, waterways, and shipyard so far. With the exception of one particularly rippy Precinct (100% Extra Fire AND lightning, Enfeeble, and 40% phys reduction plus some other things that I don't recall) they've all been done very easily and deathless. The one map that killed me I wasn't expecting Exiles as the boss of the map. DID NOT realize that got changed with Atlas. Lol. Pure carelssness and possibly some crits from double damage exiles and I went DOWN. Ha.

But in all seriousness, the last map I rand had the following mods:

T13 Waterways(which at the time of posting has disappeared from my hideout so these are the relevant ones)

Players Have Vulnerability
-11% Max Resists
90% Extra fire damage
Reflect 18% Elemental Damage
Also have "Players and monsters take 10% increased cold damage, area contains additional cold damage monsters"
it was an 8 mod map, I don't remember the rest, but it had 148% Quantity and 40% pack size.

I was a little worried going in, I got chunked a few times going to less than 30% of life, but overall no problem. Even with the Tul breach...which is where msot of those chunks of life happened. Also worth noting getting the bleed with Vulnerability did not feel bad at all and I am still very much in favor of this combo

Also, at 87 I am at 5.9k Life and 22k DPS in hideout with Inc. AOE. and 35k Conc Effect.
I have 50% physical damage reduction while standing still, with 4 Endurance charges this goes up to 66% and then I also have Arctic Armor as well.

For those who want to see my passive tree and tinker around with it:

So yeah, all in all those are my changes for now. Lovin this build.

PS: For what it's worth, this character is super sweet in PvP. XD
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Dec 10, 2016, 11:56:16 PM
How's this build for the Shaper?
and how's this build for breachlords domain ? (want to farm them for the surrender)
How much of a difference would this BoR make for the dps of the build?

I am unsure to go with this build or a totem one with marauder.
If a go for the marauder build I'll just sell the BoR xD
"
RoworStak wrote:
How much of a difference would this BoR make for the dps of the build?

I am unsure to go with this build or a totem one with marauder.
If a go for the marauder build I'll just sell the BoR xD

It would help, it's not BIS enchant or anything.

After playing this build to 90 already I would say play it anyways. Sooo much fun.

"
destrower37 wrote:
and how's this build for breachlords domain ? (want to farm them for the surrender)

Super good, I've killed Xoph, Esh, and Tul, all deathless. Still need more fragments for the others, but since Ull-Netol is physical I'd assume he's easy.

This enchant is fun if you want to freeze, But attack speed if you've killed is definitely BIS, leech doesn't hurt either.
Last edited by Thewarguy on Dec 11, 2016, 5:32:38 PM
For those who've played the Aegis build has anyone experimented with Cospri's Will / Essence Worm set-up? Being able to run both (Blasphemy) Vulnerability and (CoH) Enfeeble seems pretty good especially since we can scale poison pretty well and helps the one weakness of the build (ST damage). It has good base armour (IR) and with Essence Worm we can Grace, Discipline and Blasphemy (with enlighten). Seems like that option gives good defense and offense from 2 slots. Definitely at least seems better than what I was using in Atziri's Splendour and Voidheart (or Steel Ring/Ming's). The chaos resist on Cospri's is nice too.

It does mean you need some real good resist rolls on your gear and some all elemental on your jewel (going Red Nightmare helps as you essentially double dip into resistances on the tree as well).

Thoughts? I'll be trying this out shortly to see how it goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info