About "we don't want trading too easy" in the last PODCAST

There must never be any automatic trading/auction house in poe since it will be overrun by trading software immediately. A manual intervention should always be necessary in any way. I played D3 since release day and daily until last november and I know what I am talking about. This is independent from RMAH in D3 and would have been the same without it. RMAH just made it even worse.
Besides that it will be the same in poe that it was/is in D3. You can never satisfy the whole playerbase. The people playing 2-10 hours a week will never find the items or currency to play the superstrong builds the would like to play. The people playing day and night have nothing to get if they have it too fast/easy.
So in the end for GGG it will just be the question who keeps the mtx money flowing and GGG alive.
"
UltraDD wrote:
Lol most trades in this game are already copy-pasting poe.trade's pre-made whisper and maybe saying thanks or a variant of it after exchanging items. All an ah would change interaction wise is not needing to filter out everyone offline if you are in a hurry.

exactly.

"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
There must never be any automatic trading/auction house in poe since it will be overrun by trading software immediately. A manual intervention should always be necessary in any way. I played D3 since release day and daily until last november and I know what I am talking about. This is independent from RMAH in D3 and would have been the same without it. RMAH just made it even worse.
Besides that it will be the same in poe that it was/is in D3. You can never satisfy the whole playerbase. The people playing 2-10 hours a week will never find the items or currency to play the superstrong builds the would like to play. The people playing day and night have nothing to get if they have it too fast/easy.
So in the end for GGG it will just be the question who keeps the mtx money flowing and GGG alive.

The fear is real and cute. People are already doing this btw with poe.trade and its very easy to check with a mistake in price or just a good deal on a unique you want to get rid off quick. You can call them bots if you want, but everyone just want the cheapest deal they can get for what they need and maybe a few of them flip, who cares.
Last edited by DAYLEET on Apr 14, 2016, 4:38:15 PM
I just want them to add litteraly the same thing as Poe.trade in-game. So then you would still need to trade in person, but it would be very convenient.

Then we could also sort by status like online and afk in real time.

This to me is a must. This way no bots and no bullshit. Just more people trading due to having the proper tools in game.
Last edited by nephilim1984 on Apr 14, 2016, 4:35:49 PM
Trading IS easy. it's just bullshit noone wants to deal with.
It's hard to believe they don't balance the game around trading after doing the math on those helmet enchant rolls. I actually got one relevant to one of my builds and I about flipped my shit. Not out of joy, but anger; I could have taken that luck and bought a lottery ticket instead.

I rather play self found, but the reality beyond Perandus league is that it's difficult to do that and create a diverse set of builds without a diverse set of uniques to mix and match to create different results. The experience of getting an item as a piece of loot after a map run and buying that same item off poe.trade are very different experiences. The former creates a feeling of joy and reward that enhances my experience; the latter is similar to what I experience when I buy a pack of crackers at a gas station.

Perandus enabled that for me to some extent, but I've still learned to trade for that reason. I am happy with the new stash tabs though, because I probably just would have gone to another ARPG that was more self found friendly. Managing a shop thread using a third party tool exceeds the extra chores I am willing to take on to play a video game just by a little too much; adequately pricing gear when you are new to the game can be a hefty time investment as it is.

Though, I do imagine this sentiment will be lost on a percentage of the player base who lack any other hobbies beyond this game.

I still don't get the issue so much on making uniques more available to the player base; they are what enable diverse builds. You can't get to GG gear off them alone; you still need well rolled rare items, which Perandus didn't sell outside of an extremely lucky rare jewelry piece from time to time.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Apr 14, 2016, 8:46:18 PM
So basicly since GGG can't think of a good trading system that doesn't involve an AH and they try to cover this fact with some wierd design philosophy and fear strats .

Idk about you but personally this falls into the category of :

" YOU THINK YOU WANT IT BUT YOU DON'T "

Seriously GGG do you have Blizzard employee on your team ?
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Apr 15, 2016, 7:48:45 AM
"
_DarkMan_ wrote:
There must never be any automatic trading/auction house in poe since it will be overrun by trading software immediately.

THIS.IS.NOT.TRUE

If you implement the AH in the naif mode you have in mind, yes it is true. But if you design it to be not exploitable by bots it will not be exploited.

And, BTW, the thing you describe is already happening now, in this exact moment.
Roma timezone (Italy)
Its nice to see people have fun with treding.
I my self after mastering use of 3d party tools and price cheking to some noob levels just deduced 2 league ago that reservin stash tab for trade is not a option no more.

Playing tetris game with stash and stres of ower thinking my storage optimisations that do learn me mach abouth whats kipper/trash come to the point that items i do keep i dont even whana sell.

Tho most of items i finde worty i give to guild stash or frends, i still dont finde inaf reson to sacrifice my tab for trading. I got help of my frend to make some curency on his shop for some small items jus becouse i finde it waste to vendor.

I know i have lost my complite intrest in making shop and i dont even think abouth it for long time, just feed the vendor and have a nice day. I come long way in my stash technics and understending of items potencial and moving to all sorts of craftings as a qonsequence of limited space. And as i say items that i keep is not someting you can buy for me resonably or not even considered to be for sale. Thats just one more reson atm that dont realy help treding decision.

Treding is not something you just start doing, if its not present from begining to the end is a shith expiriance, talking of leagues. You cant just fill up stash and become trader and then runing outh of space in next 2h.

Agen trading options and number of thraders can rapidly decline but not the oposite, atm its not noticable but in feature wont be susteinnable in its curent form. New players cant sell and old players can stop selling/playing in wery unproportianal maners.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Apr 15, 2016, 9:55:31 PM
"
raxleberne wrote:
If they think trading shouldnt be too good because experience of non trading players would be worse, it just shows how delusional and clueless about game they are. Playing poe without trading is sadomasochistic, trading is the first thing any player learns in order to play 'normally'. Trading is core part of endgame
Self found is viable if your build works in endgame with these rags you pick up during leveling or dried lake farming

D3 auction house says "hi"

It was the peak of easy trading, and a shining example of why its a horrible idea in an ARPG game.

Not only does it devalue 99.99% of gear to the point of being worthless, but the developers had to nerf drop rates into the ground to balance around how easy it was to get items from the auction house.

So basically you spent all day every day farming useless crap you couldn't sell, and never ever found anything worth using yourself. welcome to easy mode trading, because you can't get items any other way!
"
MadRabbitPoE wrote:
It's hard to believe they don't balance the game around trading after doing the math on those helmet enchant rolls. I actually got one relevant to one of my builds and I about flipped my shit. Not out of joy, but anger; I could have taken that luck and bought a lottery ticket instead.

I rather play self found, but the reality beyond Perandus league is that it's difficult to do that and create a diverse set of builds without a diverse set of uniques to mix and match to create different results. The experience of getting an item as a piece of loot after a map run and buying that same item off poe.trade are very different experiences. The former creates a feeling of joy and reward that enhances my experience; the latter is similar to what I experience when I buy a pack of crackers at a gas station.

Perandus enabled that for me to some extent, but I've still learned to trade for that reason. I am happy with the new stash tabs though, because I probably just would have gone to another ARPG that was more self found friendly. Managing a shop thread using a third party tool exceeds the extra chores I am willing to take on to play a video game just by a little too much; adequately pricing gear when you are new to the game can be a hefty time investment as it is.

Though, I do imagine this sentiment will be lost on a percentage of the player base who lack any other hobbies beyond this game.

I still don't get the issue so much on making uniques more available to the player base; they are what enable diverse builds. You can't get to GG gear off them alone; you still need well rolled rare items, which Perandus didn't sell outside of an extremely lucky rare jewelry piece from time to time.
Enchants are extra ways of min maxing, they arent something you need and if you plan around them then you should be expected to work for them. They arent going to balance around something you can get yourself.

Those are just some of my helmets ive enchanted and i only run it for a few hours if the layout is good.

People who are generally saying "theyve run it hundreds of times and didnt get what they wanted" are more than liars whove run it a fun times and make up a random extreme number to try and validate their laziness.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info