About "we don't want trading too easy" in the last PODCAST

You also mentioned that you have the numbers on what people do so you can know what im going to say is the truth.

I almost NEVER traded(made one post once to sell, only bought), it was always a very negative and time consuming experience but these new changes has made the game SO MUCH MORE enjoyable for me. I have never played for such a long streak either and i do attribute it entirely to the new trading system. I sell now as much as i buy.

Im one of those people you say are going going further in the game, it's entirely because trading is easy to do/edit and fluid. I used to hit a wall where i was faced with trading or quitting, i needed currency i didnt have because selling was trouble and tehre was less stuff to buy so higher prices. I would just quit till the next league and i have skipped leagues entirely. If we can improve on the trading system further, lets do it.

So please keep that in mind when you don't want to improve it further. It could be the main reason the game is more popular than ever. I know i woudlnt be there normally after a month in a new league, hell i have more and better gear in this league than my entire normal account.

Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 2:12:49 PM
If they think trading shouldnt be too good because experience of non trading players would be worse, it just shows how delusional and clueless about game they are. Playing poe without trading is sadomasochistic, trading is the first thing any player learns in order to play 'normally'. Trading is core part of endgame
Self found is viable if your build works in endgame with these rags you pick up during leveling or dried lake farming
 That's why it will be a sad summer when Cadiro Perandus goes away with his Christmas bag of joy. The self-found players will quit playing PoE in droves and the daily player stats will plummet and so will mtx purchases. GGG won't realize that the wonderful build enabling gear that Cadiro has for sale is the cornerstone to a new resurgence of a fun-to-play PoE for all and especially self-found players. Without him and only left with the crappy trade system where sellers are AFK when you are able to play is the worst of the worst for players. PoE desperately needs asynchronous trading so we can buy items anytime (even if the seller dies but his account stays active) day or night without needing seller interaction to make the purchase.

It's very frustrating to know that GGG doesn't realize that the fun-to-play of PoE is entirely based upon the huge build diversity of the game mechanics. Many of the builds require a high end piece of gear or 2 and without these then that build is not end game viable and thus is not desired. Without either Cadiro Perandus or async trading to get the gear more easily the endgame isn't fun-to-play. GGG must think that "grinding is it's own reward". That is major thinking failure for all but a few elite masochists and the daily players stats of Perandus League is the physical proof that GGG is probably going to ignore and go back to the way it was before Perandus League.

I don't understand why GGG wants to remove Cadiro Perandus. Daily Steam stats clearly shows that total daily players are way, way up over all previous temp leagues after a month into the league. Many can argue (mostly the item flippers) that Cadiro Perandus has caused prices to go down so now it's a buyers market. Most of us would say YEAH! to that and the player numbers are there to back up this thinking.

But ok Chris, take Cadiro Perandus out and just watch in the next temp league just how quickly the daily player totals plummet by the end of the first month (probably faster than a Plummeting Ursa).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 11, 2016, 7:06:08 PM
no we don't

no we don't

You and other 20 forum edgy hardcore players dont, rest of playerbase doesnt give shit and want to slay monsters without playing nerd economy simulator
"
DAYLEET wrote:

You also mentioned that you have the numbers on what people do so you can know what im going to say is the truth.

I almost NEVER traded(made one post once to sell, only bought), it was always a very negative and time consuming experience but these new changes has made the game SO MUCH MORE enjoyable for me. I have never played for such a long streak either and i do attribute it entirely to the new trading system. I sell now as much as i buy.

Im one of those people you say are going going further in the game, it's entirely because trading is easy to do/edit and fluid. I used to hit a wall where i was faced with trading or quitting, i needed currency i didnt have because selling was trouble and tehre was less stuff to buy so higher prices. I would just quit till the next league and i have skipped leagues entirely. If we can improve on the trading system further, lets do it.

So please keep that in mind when you don't want to improve it further. It could be the main reason the game is more popular than ever. I know i woudlnt be there normally after a month in a new league, hell i have more and better gear in this league than my entire normal account.

I thought exactly same after a busy league (think it was before Beyond). I would like to hear after few leagues if you still thinking the same.
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
"
Kingoko wrote:
no we don't

I suppose you would also argue that "we don't need no stinkin fun-to-play PoE". It's the mind numbingly boring grind forever and then get your ass one-shotted to infinity and beyond or else. Long live the 1% elite time-unlimited masochist players and everyone else can take a permanent hike from PoE.

It's the < 1% of the player base that poisons the minds of GGG into thinking that fun-to-play does not equal hardcore arpg. Hardcore does not mean hard-to-trade or gear starvation-to-the-max (same warped/flawed thinking that desync was ok because it made PoE more hardcore). Never has and never will.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 It's the < 1% of the player base that poisons the minds of GGG into thinking that fun-to-play does not equal hardcore arpg. Hardcore does not mean hard-to-trade or gear starvation-to-the-max (same warped/flawed thinking that desync was ok because it made PoE more hardcore). Never has and never will.
It's not that small a number. A typical "this game needs auction house" thread gets several replies from people who basically never post but feel compelled to express their disapproval. Are their reasons valid? In my estimation, usually not. But that's not the point, the point is that a huge segment of the population is staunchly against the system you're advocating. Definitely not under one percent. And they say the same "trade can't be too easy" types of things.

I agree trade shouldn't be too easy, but there's the question of how it should be hard. If hard means putting in a lot of time but not a lot of brains, that's not really hard, that's tedious. Trade should reward cleverness, not tax a player's time.

It's hard to design additional situations where skill is a factor in trades; it's unlikely GGG will add much more. I don't feel there's a lot of such design currently, but what little exists should be fiercely protected. That's why I'm against automated buyouts, but for asynchronous trade in general.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 11, 2016, 5:11:59 PM
I'm glad ggg keep in mind the bigger picture and don't concede to demands of instant gratification. We have actual data of what happens when you trivialize trading in an arpg by making the market too fluid and on the other end trivialize gear acquisition to remove trading altogether. Both options lead to a shallower experience that sort circuit many of the features that made d2 so great.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 That's why it will be a sad summer when Cadiro Perandus goes away with his Christmas bag of joy. The self-found players will quit playing PoE in droves and the daily player stats will plummet and so will mtx purchases. GGG won't realize that the wonderful build enabling gear that Cadiro has for sale is the cornerstone to a new resurgence of a fun-to-play PoE for all and especially self-found players. Without him and only left with the crappy trade system where sellers are AFK when you are able to play is the worst of the worst for players. PoE desperately needs asynchronous trading so we can buy items anytime (even if the seller dies but his account stays active) day or night without needing seller interaction to make the purchase.

It's very frustrating to know that GGG doesn't realize that the fun-to-play of GGG is entirely based upon the huge build diversity of the game mechanics. Many of the builds require a high end piece of gear or 2 and without these then that build is not end game viable and thus is not desired. Without Eother Cadiro Perandus or async trading to get the gear more easily the endgame isn't fun-to-play. GGG must think that "grinding is it's own reward". That is major thinking failure for all but a few elite masochists and the daily players stats of Perandus League is the physical proof that GGG is probably going to ignore and go back to the way it was before Perandus League.

I don't understand why GGG wants to remove Cadiro Perandus. Daily Steam stats clearly shows that total daily players are way, way up over all previous temp leagues after a month into the league. Many can argue (mostly the item flippers) that Cadiro Perandus has caused prices to go down so now it's a buyers market. Most of us would say YEAH! to that and the player numbers are there to back up this thinking.

But ok Chris, take Cadiro Perandus out and just watch in the next temp league just how quickly the daily player totals plummet by the end of the first month (probably faster than a Plummeting Ursa).

GGG is willing to learn, they have proven this many time over. With adjusting the points pack, at first they weren't all equal in value but people weren't happy about that. Then regular stash tab sales is another example. They sell more with lower prices and people are more inclined to stay longer when they have a bit of cash in the game. They did a lot of things they weren't supposed to do, lockstep and ingame trading are other examples. And now we have the most popular league where people can play for fun and try more stuff that they can hope for.

So don't dismiss GGG and rather, let them know how much better this league is for you. Maybe they will wait to see how low the next league population drop before making a move but im sure they will make a move.
Last edited by DAYLEET on Apr 11, 2016, 6:56:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info