Got Hacked

See there is a problem with you guys.

Why would they steal from Path of exile.

If they had any way into our computer why not Credit Cards? Steam? Diablo3? GW2? LoL? Anything?

No, those guy got items stole on PoE. A F2P game. Without an auction house.

Sure.
"
See there is a problem with you guys.

Why would they steal from Path of exile.

If they had any way into our computer why not Credit Cards? Steam? Diablo3? GW2? LoL? Anything?

they steal other things. Today at least i saw one of the affected guys that got hacked and they stole more then his poe account

"
No, those guy got items stole on PoE. A F2P game. Without an auction house.

Sure.

They sell the orbs on ebay price is atm 27,50€ for one exalted i can show you the link if u want over pm.
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
Last edited by kappikarpfen on Feb 18, 2013, 6:07:05 PM
Why PM?

Post it here, and link it to GGG.

Sellers should be banned.
is it allowed here to post ebay links ?
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
"
kappikarpfen wrote:
is it allowed here to post ebay links ?

No clue, but you should pass it to GGG. Any link you can find.
just go on ebay and search for poe orbs
what do you find ?

Or they trade them on d2jsp for points and buying with this points for example D3 items and sell them in rmah.
Last edited by kappikarpfen on Feb 18, 2013, 6:23:12 PM
The devs don't have time for that.

It would be a great help if you could report every link/account that sell stuff since, as it seems, you know where to find them.
"
Daiug wrote:
The devs don't have time for that.

It would be a great help if you could report every link/account that sell stuff since, as it seems, you know where to find them.

Its not that easy to get the account names. The ebay link itself is maybe not so much help.
Among us, people that buy orbs on ebay also buy things from the ingameshop, in my opinion.
Its nearly impossible to close all ebay links see D2.

The game is a newborn, its an awesome game and the devs doing a great job. The game will get better and better and one day they can focus more on this ebaything.
Of course, if see someone with his accountname selling items i will report him.
"
EvilClive wrote:
Well if i havent been hacked before in my 25 years of gaming that must mean i dont visit shady websites and i know how not to get phished or it would have happened before. Unless over night i went full retard and started clicking on everything and telling people my password.

This doesn't really prove anything, one way or the other.
"
Daiug wrote:
"
LennyLen wrote:

You don't have to work for GGG to know that if the database security was compromised there would be hundreds, if not thousands, of these threads. Instead there are just a handful, which with the size of the playerbase is a small fraction of a percentage of affected players.

This is indicative of individual breaches of security, which are almost always the player's "fault." And in this day and age, everyone should be well aware of the importance of internet password security.

And all of them between yesterday night and this morning? (Europe time)

See, if it were just a couple of accounts per day than yeah, i would concour with you.

Between yesterday and today i saw at least 20+ different people saying they got hacked. And this in a 18~ hour span. Plus, just wait another 12+ hours when the americans will start logging in

Another thing you should understand is that they have just emails and passwords. And many of the streamers don't have something like "Nugiy@whatever.com" same for Kripp so probably they are just going through a list.

Having a sudden rush of affected players still doesn't mean a compromised database. It can also, and is more likely to, mean that someone has launched a successful phishing campaign.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info