Got Hacked

It's early morning in NZ atm, but we'll probably get an official statement on the matter soon. If there is no chance to get a rollback/compensation of some kind, I will probably not play anymore. At least not for a year or so.
Last edited by Scully on Feb 18, 2013, 2:05:02 PM
"
Scully wrote:
It's early morning in NZ atm, but we'll probably get an official statement on the matter soon. If there is no chance to get a rollback/compensation of some kind, I will probably not play anymore. At least not for a year or so.

The early morning in NZ is not keeping staff members to post answers on other topics!
So why are they not saying anything about this ???
"
Scully wrote:

It's already been answered once in another thread - there is no compensation. Rollbacks will be available in the future, but they will never restore items.
"
Lask001 wrote:
"
Scully wrote:

It's already been answered once in another thread - there is no compensation. Rollbacks will be available in the future, but they will never restore items.

Well, and isn't that just dandy? What, they afraid of an inflation? Sorry, I just got hacked myself, and tbh, losing a lvl 75 character and a lvl 30 one, plus all the currency I had that was worth something is making me not give a damn. This isn't GGG's fault, they didn't personally delete or steal anything of mine, infact they made a brilliant game, but the way they handle this will make it or break it for me. And if what you just said is true, they broke it.
Sole member of the Pants On Exile fanclub.
"
Azireus wrote:
"
Lask001 wrote:
"
Scully wrote:

Well, and isn't that just dandy? What, they afraid of an inflation? Sorry, I just got hacked myself, and tbh, losing a lvl 75 character and a lvl 30 one, plus all the currency I had that was worth something is making me not give a damn. This isn't GGG's fault, they didn't personally delete or steal anything of mine, infact they made a brilliant game, but the way they handle this will make it or break it for me. And if what you just said is true, they broke it.

The character thing is pretty inexcusable in my opinion, I don't know why they wouldn't have worried about this problem from the start. The currency thing makes sense - if they didn't people would "forge" having compromised accounts to duplicate items and the economy would go straight to shit.

Sucks that this is ruining the game for you, you have been one of like 3 reasonable people I have run into on this forum that have been hacked. Best of luck to you.
GGG could at least have warned us about all these threads, then I would have changed my PW.
Last edited by Scully on Feb 18, 2013, 2:48:49 PM
"
Scully wrote:
GGG could at least have warned us about all these threads, then I would have changed my PW.

Highly unlikely that would have done anything for you.
"
Scully wrote:

They did warn you.

Considering it is not GGG fault you got hacked, there has not been a database fault or else they would be targeting the top players who have 1000x the currency you do. It is weird that they can’t reroll characters but this is being added in the near future.

People who threaten to leave over this kind of issue, especially when it is their own fault through getting phished or using an unsecure password etc are not the kind of people this game needs.
RIP Bolto
Last edited by Covert on Feb 18, 2013, 3:16:05 PM
"
Covert wrote:
"
Scully wrote:

They did warn you.

Considering it is not GGG fault you got hacked, there has not been a database fault or else they would be targeting the top players who have 1000x the currency you do. It is weird that they can’t reroll characters but this is being added in the near future.

People who threaten to leave over this kind of issue, especially when it is their own fault through getting phished or using an unsecure password etc are not the kind of people this game needs.

This is not a particularly helpful form of moderation. I suggest you take a step back, and let us whine our hearts out until we get an informed response by someone who actually knows what's going on, something which clearly no one does at this very precise moment. Thank you.
Sole member of the Pants On Exile fanclub.
We don't know who's fault it is, but fanboys like you are very protective of GGG so it's understandable you blame the victims.

And it's not a threat. If I can't trust my account to be safe, then I choose not to invest any more time or money in this game. Luckily it hasn't gotten to that point yet, and I hope GGG will give a satisfactory response to my email.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info