Got Hacked

I got hacked during play ... and they changed my passward too but im still loged on the site for some reason but i cant change the pass ..., i looked through the stash and my currency is gone + most of my good items PLS HELP cant even get in game.
"
FatmanDOe wrote:
I got hacked during play ... and they changed my passward too but im still loged on the site for some reason but i cant change the pass ..., i looked through the stash and my currency is gone + most of my good items PLS HELP cant even get in game.

Sucks man, open a support ticket and they can help you get your account back. All your items are gone for good though.
Hi, here are my advices for account security:

- no 3partysoftware anykind
- Disable Java in your Browser and maybe other addons (adope,...)
- Close all Browser windows
- Dont use "save password" in poe // delete the hash out of the .ini
- Dont type password there is one other possiblity to do it(takes long but efficent)// clear cache after
- Dont let the Browser save your password
- Use a unique password
- use good antivir, for example "spybot search&destroy" makes you pc immune to most backddors and trojs. search your pc every week.
- never go on game related sites even high traffic game sites can take you password away, for example with advertisments. This inculdes Build-links ... Any game related links any kind
- never use things like PoE helper
- hold Windows up to date
- dont accept (curiosly) strager friend requests, its an indication that your account data is already compromised // change pass+scan+clear all caches

Example how they get your Password/Hash with Java:

You search on google "PoE builds" > You klick first link (big site) > Site is loading >
* > Account data gone > You search your pc with antivirussoftware > no result

* (not stored password) temporary keylooger > You log in

Stealed accounts (Passwors/Hash) are sold on the "black market", customers buy them in big packets (Hack waves).

Tell something more wich browser do you use ?
What wansnt the case from above ?
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
Last edited by kappikarpfen on Feb 18, 2013, 10:25:17 AM
i use internet explorer and i have java instaled :( dont know thinking of quitting the game .. cuz i have nothing CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It could be the reason better deactivate it and all other, except flash hold it up to date.
Scan your pc with antivirsoftware (spybot...) post result here, ty.

Let it be you a lesson, this game is to good to quit it.
What you can do for your account security http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/115464/page/7 see my post
Last edited by kappikarpfen on Feb 18, 2013, 10:33:40 AM
yeah java is gone from my pc now but I WILL NOT PLAY THIS GAME ABYMORE!!! GJ GGG for secure accounts this is bull...
"
FatmanDoe00 wrote:
yeah java is gone from my pc now but I WILL NOT PLAY THIS GAME ABYMORE!!! GJ GGG for secure accounts this is bull...

Except it's like a 99% chance that it's your own fault.
PoE is fresh born, give it a chance to grow up, make a break and try a new character some day
"
Lask001 wrote:
"
FatmanDoe00 wrote:

Except it's like a 99% chance that it's your own fault.

40% of statistics say that 120% of them are made up.
IGN = Zalmoxis
Shop = 529687
Can a staff member replay to this problem ?... since im not the only one that got hacked i thought that somebody out there is dooing something about it but app not.
What is gooing on ???? What is the coverup here ?Are u guys having issues with Blizzard cuz this games is better than D3 and they are sabotaging GGG WHAT ??? This makes me crazy, ive never been hacked before in any game and this is outrageos.

STAFF MEMBERS SHOW THAT U GIVE A DAMN AND ANSWER SOMETHING !!! or delete my accout because surely i will not play this no more after this unresolved incident

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info