[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

"
Jerle wrote:
Has anyone done the math on jewels?

I'm wondering between crit multi and ias which should I be stacking? I have choices between jewels which have higher ias or crit multi but don't have a good sense which would be better.

No one has any insights to this?
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Rgall wrote:
"
pratolli wrote:
A very simple question: what skills should I use while leveling? I can't use Voll's yet, sadly, and clearing is really slow because I can't really tell what skills should I use.

I've tried leveling this build as a trapper, with blade vortex, with spark, with firestorm, and even with spectral throw. Firestorm seemed the best option by far, with BV lagging a bit behind due to having to be within melee range. Good luck!

Basically stick to elemental/area skills.
Spark/Orb of Storms is ok for very early. Flame totem/fire trap/firestorm might work as well.
Flameblast/Prolif is pretty faceroll with zero gear, right up until you swap to CoC.
"
pratolli wrote:
A very simple question: what skills should I use while leveling? I can't use Voll's yet, sadly, and clearing is really slow because I can't really tell what skills should I use.

I just started to level a few days ago and I'm 53 now (had not much time) Act 3 cruel.
My advice for you is to wear a Tabula Rasa for the beginning and put in Arc, lightning dmg, faster casting, crit%, crit multi and maybe colddmg (for freeze)
cast clarity and herald of thunder

you may have some mana issues since you can only cast like 5 arcs and then your mana is empty, but you can nicely grab go up to the witchtree and grab this passives first. (mana flask helps!)
for the rest just wear rare gear or uniques you dropped... in normal that's no problem and in cruel you start dying sometimes but after lvl 60 or so you can easily switch to coc discharge as you should now have enough passives collected and wear nearly every gear suited for the character.
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
Has anyone done the math on jewels?

I'm wondering between crit multi and ias which should I be stacking? I have choices between jewels which have higher ias or crit multi but don't have a good sense which would be better.

No one has any insights to this?

I go for the ones with the highest IAS rolls. I don't mind IAs/Crit jewels but I don't go for pure crit jewels anymore. IAS seems to be king.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
What i really like with this build - at a certain point of gear-quality, you can easily go with 2 ventors gamble rings, without loosing noteworthy damage or surviveability.
It's by far the strongest build i have played in poe so far until now.
I really like it..
Last edited by NCD_Falagar on Jun 24, 2016, 2:20:35 AM
"
NCD_Falagar wrote:
What i really like with this build - at a certain point of gear-quality, you can easily go with 2 ventors gamble rings, without loosing noteworthy damage or surviveability.
It's by far the strongest build i have played in poe so far until now.
I really like it..

With Ventors you lose 60% crit chance, 88-94 flat ES, and 12-42% es. That's pretty substantial.
I got my voll's devotion and 6 link voll's protector, would it be better to drop BV for Increased Area/Conc Effect ??
"
KissMyBlade wrote:
I got my voll's devotion and 6 link voll's protector, would it be better to drop BV for Increased Area/Conc Effect ??

It is always better to drop BV, even before all that stuff.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Grocery wrote:
"
KissMyBlade wrote:

But I think BV is really good to keep myself at max power charges, and because of that i can do the max damage on discharge.
"
KissMyBlade wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
"
KissMyBlade wrote:

But I think BV is really good to keep myself at max power charges, and because of that i can do the max damage on discharge.

You can do what you want, but you asked and I gave my answer.

I personally prefer AoE as it increases clear speed. the time traveled to get to the monsters that would have been hit by Inc Aoe slows your clear speed a ton. The PCs mean nothing unless it is vs a boss, in which case conc effect is better imo.

BV would be at higher charges more often, but you are hitting far less monsters. Inc AoE his many more monsters with a few less charges, but the monsters hit outweighs it.

In cases like this I go for clear speed over tooltip.

youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jun 24, 2016, 10:42:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info